The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

V 16 DK here

kalimar44
kalimar44
✭✭✭✭
I'm in full hundings and night mother's armor at legendary with agility rings and necklace. I use 2 night mother's daggers,and night mother 2h. No range atm,but might start messing with a bow. So what I'm getting at is my wep dam unbuffed with the daggers is 3800, and buffed it is 4250.

Is my damage good?
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    To put it simply......

Yes!

However, keep in mind having high weapon power is only one part, perfectly timed/learned rotations, proper use of skills, not standing in stupid (Red zones) and knowing the mechanics is the second part of "good damage".
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Dexter411
    Dexter411
    ✭✭✭
    Just google some Stamina DK builds and you will see the difference. If you will run out of stam in two swings then your weapon damage do not matter. @OmniDevil Aye! Dead dps is bad dps ;p
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, your gear is good. Probably the best choice for stamina build atm.
    But on the other hand, having good gear does not automatically mean good damage, so I cant tell if your damage is good or not. :p
    Jokes aside, its a bit weird when you ask someone about their dps and they answer: "I have x weapon/spell damage".
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on December 29, 2015 4:26PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • gbsteve
    gbsteve
    ✭✭
    Not trying to be funny here, but I'm running a Stamblade (VR3...damage 3500 when scaled up to VR16) with basically the same build.....but with bow and DW (2H not leveled).

I'm considering a DK.....is it basically going to be the same thing?
    Edited by gbsteve on December 29, 2015 4:32PM
    VR3 - Stamblade
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gbsteve wrote: »
    Not trying to be funny here, but I'm running a Stamblade (VR3...damage 3500 when scaled up to VR16) with basically the same build.....but with bow and DW (2H not leveled).

Depends on the weapon glyphs and buffs really.

PC/EU
  • gbsteve
    gbsteve
    ✭✭

Are they primarily used as DPS now?
    VR3 - Stamblade
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are they primarily used as DPS now?

They can make a big difference in stats. :p

PC/EU
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dexter411 wrote: »
    Just google some Stamina DK builds and you will see the difference. If you will run out of stam in two swings then your weapon damage do not matter. @OmniDevil Aye! Dead dps is bad dps ;p

@Dexter411 truer words have never been spoken. If the dps is dead, the boss surely isn't!

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know how to play my DK, and I have years of playing MMOs. I drop mobs pretty quick without running out of stam.

I guess I meant to ask is as a DK I think I'm on above average for dps as a dk. I have 22000 health,and 30000 stamina. My stamina regen is about 1500,but I raise it higher for PvP.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    kalimar44 wrote: »
    I know how to play my DK, and I have years of playing MMOs. I drop mobs pretty quick without running out of stam.

I guess I meant to ask is as a DK I think I'm on above average for dps as a dk. I have 22000 health,and 30000 stamina. My stamina regen is about 1500,but I raise it higher for PvP.

You could probably lower some of that health (assuming this is for PvE) to 18k and convert it to more stamina, which will allow for higher skill damage.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3800 weapon damage unbuffed, 30k stamina, 22k health and 1.5k regen.. that's pretty damn nice man. To get my weapon damage that high my regen usually suffers (around the 1k mark if I'm lucky).
    I'd be super happy with those stats in all honesty.
  • kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    3800 weapon damage unbuffed, 30k stamina, 22k health and 1.5k regen.. that's pretty damn nice man. To get my weapon damage that high my regen usually suffers (around the 1k mark if I'm lucky).
    I'd be super happy with those stats in all honesty.

It took some tweaking to get this.
  • Dexter411
    Dexter411
    ✭✭✭
    kalimar44 wrote: »

That is damn nice man. Good work!
  • tangy.citrus
    tangy.citrus
    ✭✭✭

Dont google anything. All the stamina DK google builds are crap. Check out some of alcasts video's to seee what he does. From what I know, xantaria has the highest stam dk dps in game and alcast isnt far behind it
    PC/NA/AD
    Queen Ella - Mag DK - Tank/Healer/DPS
    Dunmer DK Cant Even - Stam DK - DPS/Tank
    Im bad at healing - Mag Templar - DPS/Healer
    Tangy Citrus - NB - Mistake
    #1 AD P.O.S.
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dont google anything. All the stamina DK google builds are crap. Check out some of alcasts video's to seee what he does. From what I know, xantaria has the highest stam dk dps in game and alcast isnt far behind it

Yeah from what I've gathered the highest Stam DK DPS output comes from a heavy weave build with Igneous Weapons. It Focuses crit (since not all skills scale well with Mighty) and uses Maelstrom Daggers and Bow to buff up the damage on dots.
  • tangy.citrus
    tangy.citrus
    ✭✭✭
    dday3six wrote: »

Yeah from what I've gathered the highest Stam DK DPS output comes from a heavy weave build with Igneous Weapons. It Focuses crit (since not all skills scale well with Mighty) and uses Maelstrom Daggers and Bow to buff up the damage on dots.

Not the case actually. Alcast definitely has a great build going, but my stam dk build is competing with his and might be out performing it. Hard to see what hes doing since he doesnt post any more vids of it, and neither do I. But you definitely need maelstrom weapons for it.

As far as Im concerned with EU, xantaria has the most effective stam dps build right now and he doesnt heavy weave. But its hard to track eu when they dont post vids of their *** anymore xD

To get back on topic

You should use 5 hundings, 1 kena, 1 bloodspawn(2 kena for very short parses)
    3 agility, all physical harm enchanted. Assuming you dont have maelstrom weapons, 2 night mothers daggers 1 sharp 1 precise, 1 night mothers bow precise. Your stam recovery should only be around 800 at max cp. You really dont need much stam recovery. Use standard as your dps ultimate, and you will be just fine with sustain.
    Edited by tangy.citrus on December 30, 2015 3:56AM
    PC/NA/AD
    #1 AD P.O.S.
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not the case actually. Alcast definitely has a great build going, but my stam dk build is competing with his and might be out performing it. Hard to see what hes doing since he doesnt post any more vids of it, and neither do I. But you definitely need maelstrom weapons for it.

As far as Im concerned with EU, xantaria has the most effective stam dps build right now and he doesnt heavy weave. But its hard to track eu when they dont post vids of their *** anymore xD

Last Xantaria said anything he'd found a way to charge heavy attacks just enough for the game to register them as fully charged Heavy Attacks for Igneous Weapons, but still trimming the animation a bit. He wasdoing it with a weave of Flying Blade, before getting Maelstrom Daggers. Alcast has stated most people think HA's are useless but infact it's a heavy weave build that nets Stan DKs numbers comparable to Magicka Sorcs and DKs.

• tangy.citrus
    tangy.citrus
    ✭✭✭

Last Xantaria said anything he'd found a way to charge heavy attacks just enough for the game to register them as fully charged Heavy Attacks for Igneous Weapons, but still trimming the animation a bit. He wasdoing it with a weave of Flying Blade, before getting Maelstrom Daggers. Alcast has stated most people think HA's are useless but infact it's a heavy weave build that nets Stan DKs numbers comparable to Magicka Sorcs and DKs.

I eagerly await his build post/next video then :) would love to see how they are doing for the deeps atm with heavy weave
    PC/NA/AD
    #1 AD P.O.S.