The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam NB Gear Build

jk07j05b14_ESO
So I just got V16 on my redguard stam NB and ready to get into pvp with it. I've never pvp'd much on my other V16 chars but I'm ready now. I hear 7 impen is the way to go but I've also heard 5 divines 2 infused, 4 impen 1 nirn 2 infused and everything in between. Im pretty sure I'm rolling with 5 hundings, 4 morkuldin, dw/2h or bow/2h (depending on group play or solo).

I would like to see thoughts on gear traits and if the sets I want to use are worth using before I waste mats on a bad setup. Any info is much appreciated!!
  • MancandyMcDong
    shield breaker mundus is most effective if you have a bow equipped, otherwise hundings and night mother/morkuldin would be best. Most don't have morkuldin as an option but I would use it for the stam regen over night mother. also depending on whether u go weapon dmg or crit %/crit dmg I would use mundus to give you the option to switch.

like you said the mats kind of justify the flexibility of armor traits like mounds.

impen isn't going to save a squishy NB with all stats into stam anyway, so ignore those who recommend it. your best chance for survival is disappearing or killing. focus on damage over defense.
    Edited by MancandyMcDong on December 29, 2015 3:01PM
    GamerTag- Mancandy McLong

I may be a Bosmer, but I'm hung like a Redguard.
  • jk07j05b14_ESO
    impen isn't going to save a squishy NB with all stats into stam anyway, so ignore those who recommend it. your best chance for survival is disappearing or killing. focus on damage over defense.

You make a very good point. So for traits you would recommend 7 divines? I personally was thinking 5 divines 2 infused and on the infused pcs using prismatic enchants so I'd get a bit more magicka for my cloak ability.
    Edited by jk07j05b14_ESO on December 29, 2015 3:22PM
  • MancandyMcDong
    my pvp build is all divine warrior, and all prismatic armor glyphs.

5 shield breaker converted to imperial style :) (shields are rampant so it is the most effective set for a NB imo, but VERY expensive to find 5 divine pieces.)

3 night mother divines (but i am a pure bow build so morkuldin is definitely better for a DW build if thats what you're running)

Now since I'm a bosmer and I get increased dmg from stealth and stam regen already, I built pure wpn dmg for sustained dps and run flawless dawn breaker on both bars with dmg glyphs on my agility set. This combination means you can melt players throughout an entire battle not just from stealth.

Since you are reguard you may want to use the thief stone for added stealth damage. Idk off hand what the benefits are for redguard but pretty much any race without magic passives will work i think.

It mainly depends on what your play style is and what feels natural for you. That is the most important thing. Let it become second nature and any build can be effective while staying fun.

Also USE MASS HYSTERIA. Everyone else is going to spam it on u so u may as well do the same. Its cheesy as #%^& but fight fire with fire.
    Edited by MancandyMcDong on December 30, 2015 6:11PM

• jk07j05b14_ESO
    Awesome! Thanks for the info man!

I am going DW/2h but just wanted the bow incase I need ranged dmg for whatever reason. I have mass hysteria on my bar but like I've said before have never really pvp'd to know what exactly to do so I'll just have to do as you said and learn my playing style with my NB till I find what I like doing. All I know atm from grinding to v16 is steel tornado spam :P

Will definitely apply info into my build tho thanks again!!!!!!
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like a great gear setup. I'm working my 9th trait...looking forward to trying that morkuldin 5th piece feature...in two months, lol.

I still like infused on the big pieces because I use hakeijo enchants. I'm not sure what the deep analysis is over infused/divine, but by my math infused amps the prismatic to give another 300 health, mag and Stam. Divines might be more useful.

When using a 5/4 gear setup I also like to plan the pieces so that I can make one extra weapon and play with using one or the other 5th trait. Like with that setup I'd totally use a hundings bow usually, but make a mork too to carry around. Up on a keep wall with the reds below...let those light attack threads fly, lol. That prob means a couple extra other pieces to switch around on that set...but what else is there to do at v16?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's funny about shieldbreaker is that you don't need it as a Stam build. Magica users are who suffer against sorcs. If you can't burst through a sorc shield as a Stam nb you're going wrong somewhere.

5 piece hunding's, 3 ashen grip.

If you're gonna go dual wield, 5 hunding's, 4/3 night mother's gaze. But I do recommend 2h and bow.

Weapon damage mundus. All medium (unless you have undaunted mettle 9 then a 5/1/1 is an option) in all divines or 4 small divines, 3 big infused. Split opinion on that.

Weapon damage enchants on weapons. Weave in light attacks to keep it up. Work really nice with surprise atrack and executioner on 2h and potion injection with bow.

All stats in stam, but make sure you have 20k health in cyrodiil. Make it up with Glyphs if not running food.

Run either tri or mag & stam drinks.

That's how I roll on my NB anyway.

You will suffer a bit until you have vigor though. You'll only have rally as a heal which is lackluster in pvp
    Edited by Brrrofski on December 30, 2015 11:12PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Thanks for the info man!

I am going DW/2h but just wanted the bow incase I need ranged dmg for whatever reason. I have mass hysteria on my bar but like I've said before have never really pvp'd to know what exactly to do so I'll just have to do as you said and learn my playing style with my NB till I find what I like doing. All I know atm from grinding to v16 is steel tornado spam :P

Will definitely apply info into my build tho thanks again!!!!!!

A great rotation..

Ambush, surprise atrack, mass Hysteria, soul harvest, light attack weaved into executioner. Most will die from that. Might need a few surprises attacks after soul harvest on some people. Fitting a focused aim and bow light attack in before is nice too
  • jk07j05b14_ESO
    I made the gear earlier today and its working quite well even without inpen I can still get away by dodge rolling 4-5 times. I did the 5 hundings 4 mork, 2 infused (prismatic) 5 divines (max stam), and I have 3 pc endurance/robust (2 wep dmg&1 stam regen), till I get agility. Though I kind of like the regen and hp from endurance. I mostly use DW/2H but I did make a bow and a setup for bow/2H.

I sit at little over 19hp, little over 28900 stam, 11101 magicka, 3245 wep dmg buffed, 70% crit, and 2266 stam regen with regen food. That's with thief mundus. I get some where around 325 more wep dmg with warrior but have yet to try shadow or any other mundus.

Every sorc I catch with their shield down I 3-4 shot in seconds and I just roll laughing its so crazy. I catch myself sitting there watching their timer for it to see if they'll let it run out lol. NBs and DKs I'll need more practice against but temps are fairly easy unless I fail to kill em quick then I have to wait for the BoL spam to drain their magicka to secure the kill other than that working pretty solid.

The 4 hundings armors I made (helm, shoulder, boots, gloves) imma make an impen set to see about any differences in the sustain but for now imma keep on keeping on.

I appriacte all the info!!!! If anyone comes along and has any more info please still share! I love hearing different opinions and will test anything that I can.
  • MancandyMcDong
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    (shields are rampant so it is the most effective set for a NB imo, but VERY expensive to find 5 divine pieces.)
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    What's funny about shieldbreaker is that you don't need it as a Stam build. Magica users are who suffer against sorcs. If you can't burst through a sorc shield as a Stam nb you're going wrong somewhere.

If you can't burst through the reading comprehension you're doing something wrong somewhere. :)

<200 dmg and 7% crit rating difference between the two builds weighs heavily in favor of shield breaker over hundings when it comes to pvp effectiveness.