The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Feedback on a V7 PvE Breton Dragonknight?

cFos
cFos
Attributes:
Magicka: 10
Health: 30
Stamina: 15

Mundus: Thief

All Medium Armor - crafted, 3 health, 2 stamina, 2 magicka

General skills/swaps for bosses, etc.

Primary bar:
Steel Tornado/Hidden Dagger/Silver Shards
Rapid Strikes/Green Dragon Blood
Burning Talons
Flames of Oblivion
Stone Giant
Standard of Might

Secondary Bar:
Unstable Flame
Molten Whip
Flames of Oblivion
Hardened Armor
Flawless Dawnbreaker

Important Passives: Kindling, Warmth, Searing Heat, All dual Wield, All Medium Armor, All Race, Iron Skin, Scaled Armor, Mountain Blessing, Slayer, Banish the Wicked

Faction: AD

Weapons: Sword (increase penetration) and Dagger (precise; off hand). I've got two sets. Right now, I've got flame enchant on both, but after much reading, it seems that the second enchanted weapon doesn't proc, so I will re-enchant it.

My strategy is often this: Harden Armor > engulfing flames, unstable flame, molten whip -> then swap, steel tornado the hell out of anything. This seems to work well for most situation except for bosses. I"m struggling on some v2 bosses - so I have been swapping rapid strikes for green dragon blood for the healing, and either burning talons or stone giant with silver shards (when daedra). Though not Dunmer, I was hoping by focusing in the flame stuff, I would get great passive bonuses (also trying out some skills with this respec that I haven't tried). Should I still be having trouble with V world bosses? I can't seem to finish Druitlarg, yet I didn't have much trouble with Saguines Demesne (thanks silver shards, passives and steel tornado). What do y'all think? I've previously used Bow, 2-handed, hit 50 and maxed most skills. I've tried sword and board but don't really like it. Not too much of a fan of Staff either. I'm not opposed to going back to a second weapon type *maybe 2-hand with Executioner and a cleave morph, but I just think that the DK skills are fun and should be enough, right? Comments/critiques welcomed.

Again, I haven't been to Cyrodil, but am considering getting the Orsinium download. Usually prefer PvE and looking for feedback for PvE.

Thanks.

• cFos
    cFos
    I've also swapped out all medium armor for 5 medium, 2 heavy and was using Immobile in place of Hardened Armor. Is there an argument that 5 medium, 2 heavy with Immobile is better than what I posted above?
  • Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first thing you need to do is decide what type of DK you want to be, either magicka or stamina dps as hybrid builds are difficult to do these days with all the changes to the game etc so you're actually gimping yourself by trying to do both .

Once you've decided that you need to look at your stat points. If you're going magicka dps for example then all your stat points need to go into magicka. Once you've done that look at your gear. Using magicka dps as an example you will gain a 2% stat pool increase per armour type worn once you max out the undaunted skill line so wearing 5 light, 1 heavy, 1 medium would get you a 6% increase in total.

If you're going stamina based then swap the light for medium and visa versa. Once you have your gear look at what you need like health etc. Your looking to aim for around 18k minimum health with a food buff at V16 so you can put health enchants on big armour pieces - head, chest, legs if needed - and whatever your main resource is either magicka or stamina on the remaining 4 pieces.

As for champion points if going for a fire caster you want to put as many points as you can into elemental expert, followed by elfborn then spell erosion. If going melee then you go mighty, precise strikes then piercing.

Hope this helps.
    (EU/AD) CP501 Razum-dah - Khajiiti Templar Healer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'Kara Silverclaw - Khajiiti Dragonknight tank
    (EU/AD) CP501 Rajhiin - Khajiiti stamina Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Draven Corvillian - Breton magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Sinderian Nightflame - High Elf magicka sorcerer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'zargo Silverclaw - Khajiit stamina Templar
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ariella Nightshade - High Elf Magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ri'shada - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
    (EU/AD) LVL29 Valeon Indoril - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight
    *The Queen stole this one's moonsugar candies lol*
  • cFos
    cFos
    Thanks for the feedback.

I've flip-flopped between stamina and magicka, and seem to use more stamina than magicka - especially as the magicka skills I use are for DoT or healing/armor buff. I had thought that as I mainly solo PvE, a bit of a weighted balance (more stamina, some magicka) might still be viable, and I've generally done well, on my own, excluding a few bosses, but am willing to commit further (or at least try it).

When you suggest I should pick one, do you mean take Magicka down to 0 or just shift some points over to stamina? I've seen some builds, usually for PvP where all attribute points go into 1 category.

I'm going to have difficulty maxing out Undaunted, though, as I don't have much time to group dungeons. At best, I've done a total of 2-3 group dungeons with this character. Similarly, not having participated in any alliance wars, I don't have access to those skill trees. If I can't do these trees is there something you would suggest?

Finally, thanks for the suggestion regarding champion points - I've mostly put them in Ritual - Is there any difference between Thaumaterge (which increases magicka damage) and Elfborn? I assumed that magicka damage was magicka even if elemental. I also liked the passives with the Ritual better than The Apprentice, but will reconsider since the cost to reallocate isn't too high.
  • cFos
    cFos
    Also, while I've taken provisioning to 50 and have maxed the recipe quality and improvement, my best purple recipe is lvl 45 and my best health and stamina food is v1. I'm still looking to up my recipe game, but the drops have not be kind or in my favor.
  • Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    To give you an idea all the attribute points on my Breton magicka nightblade are in magicka so that's all 64 as he's V16. I have no points in health or stamina but with purple food I have around 18k health, almost 40k magicka and around 14k stamina on my staff bar and 19k or so health when I switch to my dual weild bar. While you're levelling it fine to have a sprinkle of points in other areas, I used to do the same myself but now as I've been playing a long time I try to start focusing my points as soon as practicable and I mainly solo pve myself the majority of the time. Other times im off doing group stuff with my guilds.

On a nightblade or a templar most class abilities do magicka damage so my magblade has 100 points in thaumaturge an 55 in elfborn.
    As a Sorc or DK most of your class skills are elemental lightening / fire damage so that's where most of your points should go. Elfborn helps with critical damage but you boost that after elemental expert. If you had 100 blue champion points to spend you could put something like 80 in elemental expert and 20 in elfborn for example.
    Edited by Aleraon on December 29, 2015 5:22AM
  • cFos
    cFos
    Thanks again. I think I can respec my stats once I have better food. Right nw my health and stamina are both in the 14ks and health is at 18k or so.
  • Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    What platform / server are you on? If you're on PC / EU I can always sort you out with food and I'm also a full 9 trait crafter.
  • cFos
    cFos
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm Xbox/EU.
  • Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah no worries. I hope I've managed to help anyway. Feel free to give me a shout if I can help with anything else