The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Most efficent ways to earn gold?

Stamden
Stamden
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently came back to the game and i was wondering what types of farming has high profitability. I know most of the top tier gear is probably BoP anyway (or atleast that is how it was back in the day), but I am still pretty low on cash considering I like to get fully upgraded yellow gear.

For example, I heard one guy was making 100k a day by doing legerdemain farming on a few different characters. I don't know if this is good or bad. I also know stuff like motif farming has always been a huge thing. I am assuming people also farm some of the high level content trials/duegons for gear to sell. What methods are the most profitable?
PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Being in a guild with a guild store that gets good prices helps a lot. Some guilds can't get good prices due to crap locations.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment :

- old motifs are out, except for ancient orc / glass / akaviri. (ancient orc can be farmed in Wrothgar, glass cannot be "farmed" since it's restricted to daily carfting writs, as to akaviri, it's bought with AP, so that's valid only if you have tons of AP or are able to farm it extremely quickly).
    - as usual, potion ingredients (essentially columbine and lorkhan's tears, the rest is meh at the moment)
    - VR15-16 crafting mats, especially for light armor. Farmable in IC and in Wrothgar.
    - Stuff bought with Tel Var stones (essentially light armor mats and potency runes)
    - Legendary upgrade mats (especially tempering alloys and Kutas)
    - Stuff farmable in IC : trophies (either sold directly or via the stuff they unlock in the chests, especially jewelry, especially agility+robust jewelry), Hakeijo runes, crafting mats.
    - Potent nirncrux is still doing well.

That's what makes money at the moment in my book...
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on December 28, 2015 1:28AM