The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are mounts now all 2,500

xboxone1Q
xboxone1Q
✭✭✭
That is to dam high when I look at the store it feels like those are pimp sales for a price that high. :/ Is this the new way of mounts all being 2,500 as much as DLC on here for 1 mount. That's not life at all the store basically the just gives you the pimp hand and it tells you "Your broke as *** try again next month". :/:/:(
  • LordKelsier
    LordKelsier
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's only that high for limited mounts, the normal ones are cheaper. Iirc they were 2500 crowns back in May(?!) when they were first in the store.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because that's what they've established players will pay for a "special" mount.

Since the crown store came in they've been experimenting. The initial selection of mounts ranged from 900 for a horse to 1,300 for a guar and 2,500 for the "exotic" nightmare courser.

The newer ones have ranged between 1,800 (for a bear) and 3,000 (for the frost horse) with most limited time mounts at 2,500.

All of which I suspect means they've looked at the number of sales at each price point, maybe factoring in other things (like whether they think a black senche will be more popular than a leopard simply because of how it looks) and determined that 2,500 is the most profitable price point for them. It might deter some customers who would buy if it was cheaper but the extra profit from those who do buy makes up for it.

Which is annoying to me because I'm one of those lost customers. I love having lots of different mounts and would readily buy more if they were cheaper, but I'm only willing to pay 2,500 crowns (£10.90) for my favourites so it looks like I won't be getting many.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"