The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Could you guys please fix the eyevea wayshrine bug?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
Since I beat the Mages Guild questline months ago, I've always found it frustrating that I couldn't go straight to Eyevea. Whilst you're there, the wayshrine appears on the world map with no problems. As soon as you leave, it vanishes. You need to go to a Mages guild and use a portal inside to get there.

What's even more frustrating is when you hover over the spot where the wayshrine is supposed to be, the name "Eyevea" still shows up! The game is acknowledging that something is supposed to be there, but it won't let me access it via the map.

Can you please fix this?

It's not super important, but it's still a bug that needs to be fixed at some point. It wouldn't even take that long (at least compared to some other bugs)!
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I, too, wish that one could simple use a wayshrine to get to Eyevea or the Forge - but it's not a bug, it's by design. It took me quite a while to figure out how to get to the Earthforge (given that it was well over a year ago that I last went there) yesterday and wistfully wished to go back to Stirk (I think that's the name, where all three Alliance leaders meet and parley). It's an island out east, it'd be a great place for a crafting station. I even accidentally took the Fighter's Guild portal to Coldharbour, trying to get to the Earthforge. I'd completely forgotten it was there.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's a Bug. Access to Eyevea is supposed to be through the Mages Guild as it is a sanctuary for the Mages. It would almost be against Lore to have direct wayshrine access to the place.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Eyevea

That being said, I don't think I have been back there but twice on any character that completed the Mages Guild quest line.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    I, too, wish that one could simple use a wayshrine to get to Eyevea or the Forge - but it's not a bug, it's by design. It took me quite a while to figure out how to get to the Earthforge (given that it was well over a year ago that I last went there) yesterday and wistfully wished to go back to Stirk (I think that's the name, where all three Alliance leaders meet and parley). It's an island out east, it'd be a great place for a crafting station. I even accidentally took the Fighter's Guild portal to Coldharbour, trying to get to the Earthforge. I'd completely forgotten it was there.
    Nestor wrote: »
    I don't know if it's a Bug. Access to Eyevea is supposed to be through the Mages Guild as it is a sanctuary for the Mages. It would almost be against Lore to have direct wayshrine access to the place.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Eyevea

That being said, I don't think I have been back there but twice on any character that completed the Mages Guild quest line.

If it was by design, then why does it tease me by showing its name on the map? Why does the wayshrine itself show up on the map whilst I'm there?

I can understand why they'd like to keep it this way...but if you don't want us to be able to port there directly, don't put it on the map!
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bug.... been this way since beta.

Both locations are unlocked by completing the Mages & Fighters Quest lines... Don't see this changing TBH
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might not be a bug but anything that eliminates some load screens is ok by me. I can just use my imagination and assume I stopped by the mages guild before porting to Eyevea if my immersion feels ruined in any way.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you can wayshrine there if i'm right, you can view the place on the map on the bottom left, keep clicking the waves it should be there somewhere.

and earthen forge has a wayshrine you can activate
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    you can wayshrine there if i'm right, you can view the place on the map on the bottom left, keep clicking the waves it should be there somewhere.

and earthen forge has a wayshrine you can activate

Did you not read the post? I am fully aware I can see it on the map. My problem is that it won't let me port there directly.
    Tallowby wrote: »
    Not a bug.... been this way since beta.

Both locations are unlocked by completing the Mages & Fighters Quest lines... Don't see this changing TBH

I've already unlocked Eyevea, I'm just frustrated that the wayshrine can't be ported to despite the name appearing on my map when I hover over where it should be.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can't wayshrine to the Earth Forge either. Quite sure being unable to fast travel to either location is intended.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that it's probably intended that you can't use the wayshrine directly. But I also agree that it would be good if they would change it so you could port there directly if you wanted to (the same with the Earth Forge) as long as you have already discovered the wayshrine. The name appears on the map all the time because you can click there and get the island map to appear, the same as with the maps of cities within zones.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if the wayshrine is always visible on the map after completion of the Mages Guild quest line. With some guild traders, a stable, and a 4th portal in the central building that leads to the wayshrine, Eyevea could become one of the main trade centers of the game. Add an option to start and finish the Undaunted pledges there as well and it would be perfect :smile:
    Edited by GaldorP on December 1, 2015 4:22PM