The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

yay blazing spear has just been nerfed again, thanks Zos!

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do ZOS plan to nerf templars to the ground is beyond me?

Well, I enjoy this class and I don't care s#@t about zenimax NERF (templar) PATCH NOTES.

Edit:

ZOS, Why do you hate templars much? Give a reason,why?

For me templars are like solaire in dark souls.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjWNOozbODqVTkwPATWgUx0I2mObO1V0nDXXP8e_VnXgw8D2cXqXf_4sGA
    (though, I had to kill him to get his weapon)

I never played that Dark Souls, but I envisioned the same thing. It is the class with the Crusader/Knight/Monk style and I do believe that was their very intent given the starting armor/weapon preview for the Class when the game began. My annoyance with Templar changes has been the degradation of Tanking as well as the continual degradation of Templar in that department.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The "elite" players, constantly posting video's, and streaming video game feeds, and constant forum comments of "it's so easy, all you need to do is l2p", brought this nerf unto us.

So, the game balance now caters to the elite 2% of the player population, the rest of us just need to be feed for them.

Oh, and if your thinking 'but what was so overpowered about it', then you, like myself, didn't know the magic combination that turned it into a super power.

just whatever.....

And that right there lays the problem that I been saying for awhile now. Zenimax Online Studios you HAVE TO STOP LISTING TO THE STREAMERS !!!!!!!! They clearly do not know what is over powered and what is under powered and they clearly DO NOT speak for the community.

Stop listing to streamers (not giving names to not break any naming rules) and who ever else they do not know whats best for the game nor should they be suggesting any form of balancing there just abusing broken mechanics (such as shield stacking and block casting) that you guys need to fix.

Serious there have been alot of wonderful threads about balancing changes suggested by the community but you guys wont listen to because they aren't a streamer who only has like what 500 views? If being a stream is what it take for you guys to listen to us then I'll gladly start streaming ESO.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on November 30, 2015 7:36PM
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "elite" players, constantly posting video's, and streaming video game feeds, and constant forum comments of "it's so easy, all you need to do is l2p", brought this nerf unto us.

So, the game balance now caters to the elite 2% of the player population, the rest of us just need to be feed for them.

Oh, and if your thinking 'but what was so overpowered about it', then you, like myself, didn't know the magic combination that turned it into a super power.

just whatever.....

And that right there lays the problem that I been saying for awhile now. Zenimax Online Studios you HAVE TO STOP LISTING TO THE STREAMERS !!!!!!!! They clearly do not know what is over powered and what is under powered and they clearly DO NOT speak for the community.

Stop listing to streamers (not giving names to not break any naming rules) and who ever else they do not know whats best for the game nor should they be suggesting any form of balancing there just abusing broken mechanics (such as shield stacking and block casting) that you guys need to fix.

Serious there have been alot of wonderful threads about balancing changes suggested by the community but you guys wont listen to because they aren't a streamer who only has like what 500 views? If being a stream is what it take for you guys to listen to us then I'll gladly start streaming ESO.

agreed, they allways buffed the classes with the biggest majority. All of them agreed on templar being allright.

Imagine that every time i wrecked some people in duels they instantly screamed for templar to be nerfed since its not allright that i kill em.
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nerfs on templars is very disheartening indeed. I just wish we could heal our enemies to death.
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do ZOS plan to nerf templars to the ground is beyond me?

Well, I enjoy this class and I don't care s#@t about zenimax NERF (templar) PATCH NOTES.

Edit:

ZOS, Why do you hate templars much? Give a reason,why?

For me templars are like solaire in dark souls.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjWNOozbODqVTkwPATWgUx0I2mObO1V0nDXXP8e_VnXgw8D2cXqXf_4sGA
    (though, I had to kill him to get his weapon)

Funnily, in dark souls 2 spear spell was nerfed to the ground because it was used to cheese everything in pve.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on November 30, 2015 8:59PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • edorfeus
    edorfeus
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS probably doesn't notice that templars more and more become a forgotten class in any respect other than a healer.
    Open your eyes ZOS. Just look on the youtube videos, look streams on twitch. Everybody's playing sorcs, nightblades and dragon knights.
    I've been struggling for 2 months to make something usefull of my templar, but this week I decided to abandon this sinking ship and return to my DK.
    Thank you so freakin' much for ruining your once great game.
    Edited by edorfeus on November 30, 2015 9:26PM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    I played templar since launch, even I gave up....too many bugs and too many skills broken..
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Come on now guys, we all know magicka Templar were the best for AoE in the game. Blazing Spear needed a nerf.

Oh wait, no. We're worst for AoE dps and have just had our best class AoE skill taken from us. What are they thinking? Was it being abused in PvP and everyone started complaining? I haven't see any threads where people demanded for a Blazing Spear nerf, this has really come out of nowhere.

Absolutely ridiculous.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    edorfeus wrote: »
    ZOS probably doesn't notice that templars more and more become a forgotten class in any respect other than a healer.
    Open your eyes ZOS. Just look on the youtube videos, look streams on twitch. Everybody's playing sorcs, nightblades and dragon knights.
    I've been struggling for 2 months to make something usefull of my templar, but this week I decided to abandon this sinking ship and return to my DK.
    Thank you so freakin' much for ruining your once great game.

Well asI just said it's not ZOS isn't watching youtube or twitch it's that there watching to much of the 3 or 5 "well known" (using that term very very lightly) streamers and only listing to them. They say templars are ok and every body else just needs to "L2P" but translated it's "play how I am playing or don't play at all". That's all any ESO streamer is some guy trying to force there play style on every one else.

ZOS needs to stop watching youtube and twitch and actually read and respond to the forums that's were balancing can happen cause we the community know what the game needs not a few nameless streamers.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS just confirmed that Templar is true OP and only Master-class in this game, only best of the best playing it. :triumph:
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realize that the patch notes are given and you collate them and type them for posting but blazing spear does very little damage ( before nerfing) and I cannot even fathom how it could or should be nerfed... utterly ridiculous. I am speechless. This is literally infuriating. Makes me sad... Who was complaining about 3k damage and yet a 6 k ambush and 9 k surprise attack is cool.

Appears blazing spear does cause a stun.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • projectscience
    Another downright ridiculous and absolutely unnecessary adjustment.

No more words necessary.

• SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was this guy streaming, the most popular streamer ESO has, Syp... something don't remember ;) He was playing a nightblade (cant remember if magicka or stamina) and he found 2 dudes in a tunnel in the sewers, he initiated on one of them and couldn't kill him in 2 seconds because his buddy healed him with Bol. He then cloaks and retreats and says "BOL is ***... op it should be nerfed, healing can't be higher than damage done". Needless to say he killed both of them on the next 30 seconds. Are you f.. kidding me? Zos listen to this guy on tips regarding balance? Wtf... like WTF. Players like him hurt the game more than anything else. This dude also claimed dks are crap now because he couldn't kill 7 players on his own (it took them 5 minutes to kill him)

Im done.
  • Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    "higher than intended"

I think we all can read, sure technically a "fix" but it already did not do that great of damage and now it just got even lower so I'm sure you can understand why templar players are mad. Templar have been getting nerfed every patch and have always been on the bottom or second to, I'm not even going to mention how many of our skills are bugged.
    Invictus

Big Ernie - Templar - EP Grand Overlord
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Coincidentally, I was just thinking while playing my VR14 magicka Templar this evening how poor the damage of Blazing Spear was and what other alternatives I have for some aoe. Then maintenance hit and I went to read the patch notes and saw the incoming nerf to Blazing Spear. Just unbelievable really. Do they have a clue? Do they play their own game? What messed up metrics are they looking at? Totally baffling, unwarranted and incompetent nerf.
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's complete bull crap. Out of so many broken skills, and skills that need work, they decide to nerf an already weak skill of an already weak class?

Do these people even know what they are doing?
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    @zos this is getting ridiculous lol
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    I realize that the patch notes are given and you collate them and type them for posting but blazing spear does very little damage ( before nerfing) and I cannot even fathom how it could or should be nerfed... utterly ridiculous. I am speechless. This is literally infuriating. Makes me sad... Who was complaining about 3k damage and yet a 6 k ambush and 9 k surprise attack is cool.

Appears blazing spear does cause a stun.

and 14k wb and overload is routine.

• Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know whether I should laugh or cry. I hope this isn't a testiment on what's to come with the upcoming class balancing. ZOS needs to get their *** together and aknowledge that Templars are the bottom feeders atm and the class that needs the biggest lift, especially stamina templars. I don't know whether I should laugh or cry every patch when we get these nerfs one by one. This is *** pissing me off, get your *** together ZOS!
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see some numbers on damage before I make judgement. I know it's a ranged aoe, but I assumed most Templars used Blazing Spear for the stun, stamina regen, and an initial aoe before running in with Puncturing Strikes. In fact, Puncturing was a much better aoe because it proc'd Burning more.

If I shoulda been spamming Blazing Spear instead of Puncturing Strikes, then please enlighten me. :)
  • cossamaximus
    We are use blazing spears too much, simple as!

We all use blazing spears too much, because lets face it, its the only good AoE ability that Templars have. If we had more choice for AoE for example, Blazing spears wouldn't be used as much! Rather than a nerf for the one and only ability worth having, improve our others...resulting in Templars having more abilities worth using, so the one ability (blazing spears) doesn't become over used!

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are use blazing spears too much, simple as!

We all use blazing spears too much, because lets face it, its the only good AoE ability that Templars have. If we had more choice for AoE for example, Blazing spears wouldn't be used as much! Rather than a nerf for the one and only ability worth having, improve our others...resulting in Templars having more abilities worth using, so the one ability (blazing spears) doesn't become over used!

ah, 'too much,' that's it.

i'll try and deploy some of the other truly unmatched aoe's bestowed upon the templar class by the most wise and wonderful zenimax priest-kings.

• Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    I'd like to see some numbers on damage before I make judgement. I know it's a ranged aoe, but I assumed most Templars used Blazing Spear for the stun, stamina regen, and an initial aoe before running in with Puncturing Strikes. In fact, Puncturing was a much better aoe because it proc'd Burning more.

If I shoulda been spamming Blazing Spear instead of Puncturing Strikes, then please enlighten me. :)

Blazing spear is used for stunning and killing (not so op) on cloakcroches and ant trains.

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So im guessing they nerfed it because they consider it an overloaded ability with the stun? And its dmg was to close to lightning splash or something?

This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

just whatever.....

Just the other day I heard a streamer say Breath of Life needs a nerf, it's too powerful.

ZOS, seriously a Templar nerf. Not a damage from stealth nerf, not a shield stack nerf. You nerfed Blazing Spear...Blazing...god damn...sigh...Spear. You guys need to play your own frickin game!
    PC EU
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats a wierd change indeed.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One more nerf to templars or tanks and I'm uninstalling.

So probably next week.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they did it, to be politically correct. You know, the crusades and stuff... :mrgreen:

You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Impulse was doing too much AoE damage before, so they nerfed the range to 6 metres down from 8. Blazing Spear is now doing too much damage so they will nerf it too. Next it will be Steel Tornado (I mean how hasn't that happened yet already?) at 12.5 metres range and an auto-execute from 100% health.

Eventually they'll just say "let's reduce the range of all abilities to 0 metres so the game can become the true roleplaying fantasy world it was meant to be".
    Edited by EgoRush on December 1, 2015 9:22AM
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
  • xXNesTXx
    xXNesTXx
    ✭✭✭
    The fixes in this patch are totally stupid
    EU PS4 Ebonheart Pact

NB Stam VR16 Breton
    NB Stam VR16 Khajiit