Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

yay blazing spear has just been nerfed again, thanks Zos!

zornyan
zornyan
✭✭✭✭✭
From today's patch notes.

Blazing Spear: Decreased the damage values, which were previously higher than intended.

So not only have they decreased ticks which decreases burning light procs, but now they've decreased the damage too!

Yay templar op.

Come on zos , you won't fix our broken skills, you won't buff us, why the hell are you nerfing us every Damm patch!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I saw that. Their "intended" values needs serious reconsideration.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "higher than intended"
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :cry:
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are there even enough useful templar skills left to fill up one skill bar after all these nerfs?

I can't even process this.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    Are there even enough useful templar skills left to fill up one skill bar after all these nerfs?

No. A year of nefs is apparently not enough. They could have "fixed" this in a couple months but instead they fix it immediately. Ever notice how Templar bugs that result in more dmg are nerfed hard immediately but Templar issues that result in less damage are left to fester for months+ months+ on end? I'm sick of this garbage.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of all the possible nerfs that could have happened, they decide to focus them on the Templar? lmao wat
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »

My magicks templar has 3 class skills over both his bar? I don't use templar ultimates because that would just be silly now lol

Its so disheartening, templars are my favorite class in these kinds of gsme, any time I play a fantasy / medieval type of gsme, a paladin is what I want, wearing heavy armor, with a big f off sword/axe/mace in my hands shredding people, standing in the middle of combat .

If I did that in this game I would be as useful as paper masche, I've got 1 of each class, but I have 3 templars for my love of them, I tried dk but realised unless I just wanted to spam wrecking blow that would be even worse.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was greatly saddened by this. Given the significantly lower AOE dps my Templar already had compared to my buddies NB and far higher cost of spear vs sap essence I was surprised to say the least that it earned a nerf. Templar has definitely been on the nerf list lately. After the ridiculous buff and dps of the 1.6 - Imperial City they have clearly over-corrected. Magic Templar are now obviously the lowest dps class by a significant margin yet it somehow gets in line for a dps nerf. Makes you wonder if they even look at the maelstrom leaderboards? It isn't like Templar's are failing to make them because they are a low population class or are lacking heals. It's all a dps thing man. Few can do enough for the high dps checks.

Now all that's left is to test and see the magnitude of the spear nerf and if it is worth even using anymore. Really can't believe they nerfed a primary Templar DPS ability. Complete cluelessness.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »

If I did that in this game I would be as useful as paper masche, I've got 1 of each class, but I have 3 templars for my love of them, I tried dk but realised unless I just wanted to spam wrecking blow that would be even worse.

I feel you, I also have 3 Templar cause I just can't give up on it. I love the animations and Paladins are my shiz normally. Playing a Spear Paladin was hilariously fun until the last year of adjustments and I realized how handicapped I have become. It's sad that DK has all the passives to make Stamplar work and Stamplar has the actives. I feel like DK and Templar are two halves of the same coin that ZOS just refuses to fix, or maybe they don't know how to fix (which is worse).
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped playing dks because of the 'balancing' and streamlining of abilities (most dk stam bars are freakishly similar and have been since 1.6 dropped). I went to templar, it remined me alot of my dk circa 1.1, but maybe I should stop playing classes that need to be 'toned' down and get back on my nb thats, apparently, perfectly balanced :(
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS: "Go back to healing others, Templars!"
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to wonder, is the intent of all this damage reduction to force Templars to only play as tanks or healers?

At least we still have the weapon and guild skill lines to choose from.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'We don't want templars to only be healers'

Nerfs templar tanking/damage abilities

ZOS
    Gave up.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most infuriation part about this is how Toppling Charge + Radiant Oppression execute proc still remains bugged. Takes months to get crucial key abilities fixed.

But than they have all the time in the world to nerf/fix a low dmg PBAoE, that's mainly used for support. What the hell?
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also changed Radiant Aura to group only... wonder if the upcoming Cyrodiil performance fixes will include changing more spells to be group only instead of zerg ball wide..

yet.. Barrier / Purge remain zerg ball wide...
    Edited by Docmandu on November 30, 2015 5:41PM
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should change reflect from 4 to 1 on DK's next!
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomato wrote: »
    I think they should change reflect from 4 to 1 on DK's next!

Nah.. they will just change it so it reflects the DK's own spells!
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't get it, somehow temps keep getting nerfed, either directly such as the blazing shield, or indirectly such as the reduced ticks for better performance causing less burning light procs.

I don't get how zos can look at the stastic for the game, that clearly shows NB and sorcs are dominating by a large margin, both as dps, tanks and every role inbetween, how they are walking through vet maelstrom like a breeze.

Yet that think this is balanced? "Oh you can heal!"

Really? Show me how my stamplar can heal? Oh wait he can't, infact he can't use any skills out of 3 entire skill trees!

• mateoz
    mateoz
    ✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    Most infuriation part about this is how Toppling Charge + Radiant Oppression execute proc still remains bugged. Takes months to get crucial key abilities fixed.

But than they have all the time in the world to nerf/fix a low dmg PBAoE, that's mainly used for support. What the hell?
    On top of that there are others bug most templar are not aware of let alone zos.
    Entropy major sorcery buff decrease DPS by 50% instead of increase
    (confirmed by 2 friend and 1 is NB magika; dont affect everyone it seem)
    Potion major sorcery buff decrease DPS by 50% instead of increase
    Regular magika pot decrease DPS
    Lookup your number when pots are at 2.5s CoolDown left damage go up
    Execute range from 4 to 30k per tick under 50% (acknoledge by zos)
    Toppling charge still bug after what 1 year

To get most of my templar I'm done using entropy and im not using pots anymore.

Edited by mateoz on November 30, 2015 6:04PM
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mateoz wrote: »
    eliisra wrote: »

On top of that there are others bug most templar are not aware of let alone zos.
    Entropy major sorcery buff decrease DPS by 50% instead of increase
    Potion major sorcery buff decrease DPS by 50% instead of increase
    Regular magika pot decrease DPS
    Execute range from 4 to 30k per tick under 50% (acknoledge by zos)
    Toppling charge still bug after what 1 year

To get most of my templar I'm done using entropy and im not using pots anymore.

How are pots and entropy decreasing dps?
  • Remdale
    Remdale
    ✭✭
    I just switched back to Stamplar after Magiplar because the damage was so poor, then to see this.... heh. In the sewers I had to rely on Blazing Spear to even get any damage on mob groups for credit since I have nothing for mobility to keep up and that damage was pretty pathetic to the point of barely counting.

/whine Let's not forget the Sorcs and NB's that can engage and disengage to gank me or run / pull boss and get away as easy as breathing while I am left standing there like some poor imitation stone. I can't hit them, I can't catch them, and they do more damage than me on an even field. But that's just fine.... I guess.
  • mateoz
    mateoz
    ✭✭✭
    been testing for over 2 hours with friends multiple occurence. test it yourself !!!
    It dont effect everyone, I had 3 templar with clearly lower DPS using regular magika pot but a 4th one came to test it out and she was not affected
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :'(

Adjusted several abilities to improve the performance in Cyrodiil. The following abilities or item set abilities will now only apply their buffs to allies who are in your group, rather than all nearby allies:
    Illuminate
    Restoring Aura
    Radiant Aura

:worried::frowning:
    Edited by driosketch on November 30, 2015 6:09PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been testing for over 2 hours with friends multiple occurence. test it yourself !!!
    It dont effect everyone, I had 3 templar with clearly lower DPS using regular magika pot but a 4th one came to test it out and she was not affected

It should just be a flat 20% spell power increase. Very odd
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »

It should just be a flat 20% spell power increase. Very odd

Should be, except Zenimax has shown on multiple occasions that they have trouble with their coding and getting "features" to work correctly.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blazing Spear does horrible damage anyway, at least by my experience. Its a tiny aoe, weak damage, and a pretty pathetic cc. I'll admit when you could spam/lock people with it before it was pretty powerful but it operates nothing like this now, and people could be spamlocked with other abilities from other classes more easily. In my opinion Blazing Spear should be a true aoe cc, if they do this I don't mind the low damage, and it would finally give us some kind of decent cc again (though I will still miss blinding flashes).
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do ZOS plan to nerf templars to the ground is beyond me?

Well, I enjoy this class and I don't care s#@t about zenimax NERF (templar) PATCH NOTES.

Edit:

ZOS, Why do you hate templars much? Give a reason,why?

For me templars are like solaire in dark souls.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjWNOozbODqVTkwPATWgUx0I2mObO1V0nDXXP8e_VnXgw8D2cXqXf_4sGA
    (though, I had to kill him to get his weapon)
    Edited by Van_0S on November 30, 2015 7:23PM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry fellow Templars.. it's to prepare us for the upcoming class balance changes, which are going to be awesome... AWESOME!! So awesome that they already need to tone down a couple of things now!

</sarcasm>
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well DKs Eruption now snare all the time apparently :/ . ZOS seriously stop it with this horker dung and buff up Dragon Knights and Templars already. You can clearly change skills with out a major update so why not add DK and Temp buffs next monday?
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Bogdan_Kobzar on December 9, 2015 4:28AM
    "Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
    Be mindful of Community Rules