The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Damage reduction stacking - who's tested it?

Kutsuu
Kutsuu
✭✭✭✭✭
Zos has a tendency to make bonuses additive rather than multiplicative... so I'm curious about damage reduction.

Let's say you combine Battle Spirit + Nord 6% + the 5% from one of the PVP sets... If they are additive you're talking a 61% reduction to damage in PVP, which is huge (basically a 22% reduction to damage when compared to 50% reduction). If they are multiplicative then the 6% and 5% bonuses will be very tiny and hard to notice.

Has anyone tested this?
PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
Kutsus - NB
Kutsmuffin - Temp
Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
Kutsuu - Temp
Natsu Dragoneel - DK
Kutsumo - NB
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure Nord passive and that one particular set that grants 5% are additive. If they were not additive they would be to low to even be worth.

However skill's that have mangle (fear,shades) or set's like Reactive are all Multiplicative. I believe Armour is also multiplicative to your damage reduction as well.

When Reactive was released it was additive and it was damn op. People were literally hitting zero's. However this got changed rather quickly.

I'm not entirely sure how the formula's works. However a Nord can stack some mean damage reduction.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on November 29, 2015 8:44PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When IC was on pts, some mitigation bonuses have been additive, so you could get more than 100% mitigation, but on live everything I tested seemed to be multiplicative.
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    Dredging this up from the dead. I'm curious if anyone has further tested this.
    Examples. Radiant Mage light, reactive set and then eating a stealth wrecking blow or surprise attack. I'm working in a Reactive set and pariah set build