The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ANOTHER biting jabs bug?? anyone confirm?

zornyan
zornyan
✭✭✭✭✭
Just noticed something after I've been grinding all evening, I am sure that burning light used to be able to proc on each hit of jabs , so technically it could proc 4 times.

But I've noticed today it will only at the most proc once, only ever on the first jab, so it's classing the entire set of hits as one skill and therefore only procs once?

Anyone else confirm this is intended or not?

Basically I've been using just jabs, over about I dunno, 300 enemies over several hours, not had it proc more than once, at all, infact I'd say 50%+ it never procs at all.

Is this skill just completly broken now?
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can say that they ruined it after players were complaining it was too OP in the IC PTS.
    PC EU
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? What happened on pts?
  • SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is true, im done LOL
    We could do a compilation of like 100+ threads about templar issues
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    zornyan wrote: »
    Just noticed something after I've been grinding all evening, I am sure that burning light used to be able to proc on each hit of jabs , so technically it could proc 4 times.

But I've noticed today it will only at the most proc once, only ever on the first jab, so it's classing the entire set of hits as one skill and therefore only procs once?

Basically I've been using just jabs, over about I dunno, 300 enemies over several hours, not had it proc more than once, at all, infact I'd say 50%+ it never procs at all.

Dude are you sure? Well not many stamplars left because ZOS broke this class already so hard, but if that is true then LOL. At least it used to be able to proc on all hits 100%

How did you test it?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Dude are you sure? Well not many stamplars left because ZOS broke this class already so hard, but if that is true then LOL. At least it used to be able to proc on all hits 100%

How did you test it?

Just been keeping track of my FTC log as it goes up, turned everything else off so I could clearly see damage, and then did 1v1 mobs to make sure it was only hitting one mob.

I'd like someone else to try too though
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason i still play templar is that im whether stupid or i like the competition of playing classless... oh no wait, there is 1 ability i use and thats purge... there you go, thats definately 1 good templar ability u can really rely on.

ONE....... ONE........
    omg i cant believe this but its true. tbh if i defeat anyone in cyrodil and thats alot.... they do mistakes and play their class wrong... got lucky that many make mistakes but reading my own passives makes me choke and so do my abilities.

jabdamage on shields... xD i only use it to get nb out of stealth and make em cc immune :(

What a pathetic joke all that is. I thought the balanced warrior passive would be awesome but i realised the dk has a stronger version of it... then i thought "oh hey, i still got that costreduction" then i realised that all my skills are more expensive and sorc also has stronger versions of it ....

Staminawise i use like 3 passives or less... yea its actually like less and i use 1 class ability and that since almost a year now. GJ on that.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did some testing on some daedroth, I chose them as they are usually alone, and could be cast slowly in between jabs to check clearly for burning light procs, and they have high hp to get a good test on.

After 10 minutes of testing I got

1 burning light proc on average per 3 *casts* of puncturing sweeps. So 12 hits to get 1 proc on average.

After 10 minutes of near solid casting I had *two* instances where it proc'd twice on one cast.

To me this seems much much lower than 25%

I came to 3 casts per proc because I had very rarely had it on the first, but on average I didn't get a proc for every 2-3 casts.
  • SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »
    The only reason i still play templar is that im whether stupid or i like the competition of playing classless... oh no wait, there is 1 ability i use and thats purge... there you go, thats definately 1 good templar ability u can really rely on.

ONE....... ONE........
    omg i cant believe this but its true. tbh if i defeat anyone in cyrodil and thats alot.... they do mistakes and play their class wrong... got lucky that many make mistakes but reading my own passives makes me choke and so do my abilities.

jabdamage on shields... xD i only use it to get nb out of stealth and make em cc immune :(

What a pathetic joke all that is. I thought the balanced warrior passive would be awesome but i realised the dk has a stronger version of it... then i thought "oh hey, i still got that costreduction" then i realised that all my skills are more expensive and sorc also has stronger versions of it ....

Staminawise i use like 3 passives or less... yea its actually like less and i use 1 class ability and that since almost a year now. GJ on that.

I feel the same way, although Im attached to my stamplar because I was emperor with it. Better play a worthless class rsther than be a no lifer for a week to get emp.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mumyo preaching the truth!
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double post.
    Edited by Zinaroth on November 30, 2015 6:42AM
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just getting absurd now, ZOS has no idea how to code their own game.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst thing is that i have to slot a aedric spear ability to get the other passives and i really dont want any of those abilities on my bar, i prefer to play classless.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is on PC EU and has an AD OR EP character fancy helping testing?

Basically meet up, let me hit you with sweeps a set number of times slowly and then calculate the actual % of procs.

Could also use it to get some video footage of sweeps not applying damage to shields.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure if zos nerfed us anymore people would still say l2p, I mean they've nerfed us what? 5 or 6 times in the last 3 months, that's MAJOR nerfs not including the increased amount of bugs we are suffering from.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Templar passives are already pretty crappy if you're not a healer. ZoS, grab a coffee and get to work, because you've been ruining this class since Beta.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure if zos nerfed us anymore people would still say l2p, I mean they've nerfed us what? 5 or 6 times in the last 3 months, that's MAJOR nerfs not including the increased amount of bugs we are suffering from.

There have been multiple nerfs, as well as highly persistent bugs that keep rearing their heads or were simply never fixed. I'm not even sure if all parts of the master ritualist tooltip actually work. I don't believe I've ever gotten the soul gem from rezzing, and I can tell you when I pvp I rez people like a mad fool. Historically it was not unusual for me to spend a Saturday blowing 200 soul gems resurrecting people. While I do not have the same play time I did, I think it is pretty telling that I never saw the soul gem return. This is not the only persistent glitch, and lets not forget the huge gutting they did to all of our passives. My main concern is that they are forcing us all down very narrow rails with all character classes, and some builds are clear winners.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much, i enjoy 1vx, i enjoy pvp in general and have spent much time in it since console release.

But the messages I get afterwards are pure golden.

Ran to an ep keep, saw a red, attacked and killed, as he went down an NB started ambush spamming me, then a dk started wrecking blow spamming.

All I did was use sweeps, Meteor and a couple javelin and they both went down. Got several messages saying how I was a macro'er that must have been a pc transfer with 1000 CP .

I LOL'd for days
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much, i enjoy 1vx, i enjoy pvp in general and have spent much time in it since console release.

But the messages I get afterwards are pure golden.

Ran to an ep keep, saw a red, attacked and killed, as he went down an NB started ambush spamming me, then a dk started wrecking blow spamming.

All I did was use sweeps, Meteor and a couple javelin and they both went down. Got several messages saying how I was a macro'er that must have been a pc transfer with 1000 CP .

I LOL'd for days

lol yea cause macros can do something when all your abilites are channels xD
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad players will use any excuse to explain getting their ash smashed. Being beat in PVP by a class should not be the reason you ask for a nerf though. You have to eliminate player skill and other factors and compare classes objectively based on the merits of the skills only. Templar has been lacking for so long that most of the really good Templar's are quitting the class en-mass. Yet still people are all over the forums "Templar is Fine" blah blah BS, if you don't play Templar you really have no merits to your arguments.

Until you feel first hand how much better you have to be that the other classes to get a win you will not understand our issues or complaints.

P.S. One more nerf will probably push me out as well, I'll just go play Stam Sorc or something or maybe finally hang up the towel and play a different MMO with Devs who know what they are doing.
    Edited by AfkNinja on December 1, 2015 9:25PM
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    P.S. One more nerf will probably push me out as well, I'll just go play Stam Sorc or something or maybe finally hang up the towel and play a different MMO with Devs who know what they are doing.

I'm slowly following you with this one. Not so much another MMO, but dropping my Temp all together and leveling a Nightblade or Sorcerer. DKs becoming lack luster and now Templar skills getting nerfed left and right. I may as well take a ride on the bandwagon and join the meta.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »

I'm slowly following you with this one. Not so much another MMO, but dropping my Temp all together and leveling a Nightblade or Sorcerer. DKs becoming lack luster and now Templar skills getting nerfed left and right. I may as well take a ride on the bandwagon and join the meta.

I went with Stam Sorc cause boundless storm is so much frackin fun.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad players will use any excuse to explain getting their ash smashed. Being beat in PVP by a class should not be the reason you ask for a nerf though. You have to eliminate player skill and other factors and compare classes objectively based on the merits of the skills only. Templar has been lacking for so long that most of the really good Templar's are quitting the class en-mass. Yet still people are all over the forums "Templar is Fine" blah blah BS, if you don't play Templar you really have no merits to your arguments.

Until you feel first hand how much better you have to be that the other classes to get a win you will not understand our issues or complaints.

For me the problem is people like sypher and deltia put up streams going "omghz look how amazing this is, watch me kill 50000 n00b with this amazing templar OP!"

What people don't see is them getting their ass handed to them all the time too, they also don't recognize that any good player can technically beat a bad player with any class etc.

But 2 equally matched good players certain classes have huge advantages.

What gets me is some class's get bugs that make them stupidly OP, such as mass hysteria not breaking CC half the time, stuff like that HELPS Damm nb's even more, and gets left alone, yet it's more important to nerf Blazing spears apparently.
  • Asayre
    Asayre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't do as extensive a test as you @zornyan. I did a total of 33 Puncturing Sweeps on the Giants in the Rift. That means a total of 132 chances to proc burning light. I proc'ed Burning Light a total of 36 times which is a 27% proc rate which seems reasonable to me. I was able to get Burning Light from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th sweep so it is not just happening for the first sweep.

I recorded my combat log (Combat Log Statistics) and just read every single line for 33 Sweeps.
    Reference for any calculation I make Introduction to PvE Damage Calculation
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asayre wrote: »
    I didn't do as extensive a test as you @zornyan. I did a total of 33 Puncturing Sweeps on the Giants in the Rift. That means a total of 132 chances to proc burning light. I proc'ed Burning Light a total of 36 times which is a 27% proc rate which seems reasonable to me. I was able to get Burning Light from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th sweep so it is not just happening for the first sweep.

I recorded my combat log (Combat Log Statistics) and just read every single line for 33 Sweeps.

Maybe something to do with a certain buff I'm using or something?
  • timmayyyboy
    timmayyyboy
    ✭✭

There have been multiple nerfs, as well as highly persistent bugs that keep rearing their heads or were simply never fixed. I'm not even sure if all parts of the master ritualist tooltip actually work. I don't believe I've ever gotten the soul gem from rezzing, and I can tell you when I pvp I rez people like a mad fool. Historically it was not unusual for me to spend a Saturday blowing 200 soul gems resurrecting people. While I do not have the same play time I did, I think it is pretty telling that I never saw the soul gem return. This is not the only persistent glitch, and lets not forget the huge gutting they did to all of our passives. My main concern is that they are forcing us all down very narrow rails with all character classes, and some builds are clear winners.

I get the soul gem return about every 5 rezzes in pve play but just like you doing pvp, it has never happened
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seriously: reroll and be happy. i cannot recommend this enough. it really moved eso from "about-to-quit only staying b/c of guild" to "can't-wait-to-get-home-from-work" for me. just accept reality and play your other classes. so much fun to be had!
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    seriously: reroll and be happy. i cannot recommend this enough. it really moved eso from "about-to-quit only staying b/c of guild" to "can't-wait-to-get-home-from-work" for me. just accept reality and play your other classes. so much fun to be had!

I have other classes but Templar is the class I had most fun playing with. I dont want to be forced to play a class I dont want to play
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    What? What happened on pts?
    Somebody got killed by a stamplar and couldn't accept it.
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
  • Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    Asayre wrote: »

Btw OP was talking about Biting Jabs, the stamina morph.
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using the FTC damage report:

Puncturing Sweep # hits = 203
    Burning Light # procs = 35
    Average = 17%
    Highest average per fight 9/33 = 27.2%
    Lowest average per fight = 4/43 = 10.7%

This is too low for statistics to just dismiss. For 203 chances, with a 25% chance to proc I should get higher than 35 procs 99% of the time according to laws of probability. So either I was just very unlucky or there is something wrong.

My bet is there is an internal CD not stated in the tooltip. Probably one second or so, which is why it hardly ever procs twice on the same 1.1 s cast.

edit:

Quick test using Blazing Spear:

159/41=25.7%

Much more normal. So yah, internal cooldown almost certain.
    Edited by danno8 on December 15, 2015 2:16PM