The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I'm sad

Vorcil
Vorcil
✭✭✭✭
I stopped playing ESO at the end of last year before the crownstore came out;

I'm a big Elderscrolls buff/fan/whatever you want to call it, but it makes me sad to think that I missed out on all these limited edition items that were only sold in the crownstore once!

Will there be any hope in obtaining the discontinued cosmetic items? (certain outfits and mounts are unobtainable)

I'll pay!???
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not likely. The fact that they are one time deals, make the items have MUCH more meaning. Sorry, that the OP missed out, but I do want the items have less value due to late comers. Stay tune OP and grab the next set of the special items when they come out. Good luck.
  • Markaeus
    Markaeus
    ✭✭
    I believe they said in the last ESO Live that they were planning on releasing some of the prior limited time items at some point, but didnt state when and a price.. you'll just have to see what they have in store..
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did manage to get all those VIP items that came out after having a reoccurring subscription for X months,

But I don't see the point in making some Crownstore items limited edition,
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vorcil wrote: »
    I did manage to get all those VIP items that came out after having a reoccurring subscription for X months,

Limited items = special items.

If everyone and their mother have collection of coke cans. It will be common trash. If a limited number of people have one very rare coke can; then the coke can will be worth more. The same logic applies to ingame items.

I like my special items and do not want them to turn into common trash because everyone and their mother have it.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't see the point in making some Crownstore items limited edition,
    Because some people will panic and hurry up and buy to not miss it.
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    High King Emeric was an elven-half king,
    of him the bards do gladly sing;
    the last whose realm was fair and free,
    Between Daggerfall and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
    his shining crown afar was seen,
    the countless stars of Aetherial field,
    were mirrored in his silver shield.

Once his trade was bright and strong,
    full of artifacts, worthy of song;
    but til his excised stocks appear,
    none shall know of his despair.

Willing to trade his crown for Kingdom,
    and bless those masters with rights of Elvendom,
    for the right to purchase what once was, now lost,
    Emeric would brave all, from sands to frost.

Edited by Vorcil on November 25, 2015 9:52PM
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I agree, but you fail to miss the point in exclusivity,

They are making almost every mount (besides the new base ones) limited edition

Half the feline mounts, and most of the guars are now discontinued.

Exclusivity loses it's "exclusiveness" if every single item is discontinued.

Yet, 9 in 10 mounts has been limited edition...
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually as far as I remember all of the guar are currently available (although the new green one, which is only available as part of a pack) will only be on sale for a short time. Whereas only one of the feline mounts (the lion) is continuously available, all the rest have been limited-time.

They have said before that just because something's only available for a limited time doesn't mean it will only be available once, which implies that they do intend to bring them back. They haven't yet, but the crown store has only been around for about 8 months, if they'd started repeating offers already I'd worry that they'd run out of ideas. My guess is most limited-time things will be available approximately once a year, but not always at the same time because part of the reason they do it is to get people who are on the fence to hurry up and buy and that doesn't work if they know when it'll come back.

I'm sure if and when they do start repeating offers the forum will be full of people raging about how they only bought it so they could imagine it makes them special and that people might occasionally be jealous when they see it and now that's ruined, but I'm completely in favour of them not catering to those people.

(And for the record I have a variety of no longer available items, including the clouded-leopard senche, and I couldn't care less how many other people have them, I thought it was brilliant when 4 of us were together in Daggerfall, but mostly I just care that my character is riding a clouded-leopard, whether anyone else has one or not is irrelevant to my enjoyment of it.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »

Limited items = special items.

If everyone and their mother have collection of coke cans. It will be common trash. If a limited number of people have one very rare coke can; then the coke can will be worth more. The same logic applies to ingame items.

I like my special items and do not want them to turn into common trash because everyone and their mother have it.

This attitude of "I got mine so screw you" is poisonous.

OP, I hate limited edition items too. Thankfully I've only missed out on one thing I care for (because I hadn't started playing at that time), but I hope they re-release it so I don't have to feel bad every time I log in and see someone with it.
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think all limited items should be difficult to get, but not impossible.

Except for my summon guard scrolls

My precious summon mage scrolls muwhahahahah
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wat?

Come on. The vast majority of mounts aren't limited. They'll aim to keep the balance of exclusive/non-exclusive at the point where players still consider the exclusives rare enough to be scared into buying them as soon as they appear.

I have no doubt they'll reappear in the future since it's a golden opportunity to make money. They need to keep it a pretty rare event though (once a year at most) so as not to offend the players who bought them when they were released, or make people think "A new exclusive mount? I'll wait. It'll be back in the store in a few months."
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped playing ESO at the end of last year before the crownstore came out;

I'm a big Elderscrolls buff/fan/whatever you want to call it, but it makes me sad to think that I missed out on all these limited edition items that were only sold in the crownstore once!

Will there be any hope in obtaining the discontinued cosmetic items? (certain outfits and mounts are unobtainable)

I'll pay!???

You only need the latest cosmetic items for maximum bonus to your prestige.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Not likely. The fact that they are one time deals, make the items have MUCH more meaning. Sorry, that the OP missed out, but I do want the items have less value due to late comers. Stay tune OP and grab the next set of the special items when they come out. Good luck.

What meaning? Just that someone got to buy them while they had the money to get them before they go.Nothing else.
    For something to "have much MORE meaning",I would think it was something gotten ingame.
    Edited by Volkodav on November 26, 2015 2:30AM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't be sad :( If you have the sench tiger mount from the 9 month loyalty reward then you have the most exclusive item in the game. Those tigers aren't that common. I've been subbed since launch and only purchased a cat and fox pet. There will be other exclusive items in the future.
    PC | EU
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi, sad. I'm Danny.
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't be sad :( If you have the sench tiger mount from the 9 month loyalty reward then you have the most exclusive item in the game. Those tigers aren't that common. I've been subbed since launch and only purchased a cat and fox pet. There will be other exclusive items in the future.

I had actually quit before that, but my subscription had stayed on for months apparently! (whoops what a waste) but yeah I have the wee tiger in my inbox when I logged in quickly
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just sad because I can't collect everything

I'm a massive hoarder when it comes to TES

and IRL ... haha
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even with accounts and things, I don't like how the ESO forums are separate from the Bethseda softworks ones :'( even though they link the same
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes I agree, but you fail to miss the point in exclusivity,

They are making almost every mount (besides the new base ones) limited edition

Half the feline mounts, and most of the guars are now discontinued.

Exclusivity loses it's "exclusiveness" if every single item is discontinued.

I don't know if you are talking to me, but in an attempt to read your post, and the one above it, I don't think I am the one failing to miss, whatever that means ;)
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am bummed as wel lthat they are so very limited edition.I wish they were like two months old before they removed them at lease.
  • vyrusb23
    vyrusb23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Limited" items will be back again. It doesn't make sense to never release them again. I'm sure the Frostmare, Zombie horse, and other "limited" items will be back up for sale at some point next year. It only makes sense to do yearly "limited" releases. And then you'll see the majority of people who purchased these "limited" items coming to forums whining and complaining that they should be the only special snowflakes to own these "limited" items, and they shouldn't be back up for sale.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good thread title though! <hug> :smiley:
    By the way, I also look forward to get the Frostmare mount so when it is released again, I'll buy it immediately.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I recall a post by ZOS that limited edition items could show up again in the Crown Store, so I expect we'll see them back again, especially the ones that were for sale prior to console release.

I have all the limited edition senches and wouldn't mind at all if they put them back up for sale again. I would be disappointed, however, if they were significantly cheaper.

I'd also like to see them reintroduce the items that were removed from the PC Crown Store prior to console launch (blacksmith and chef outfits, a couple of horse mounts, and the bantam guar and striated pony guar pets). I have all of these items, but I wouldn't care if they put them back in the store again.

What I wouldn't like to see for sale are the loyalty reward program items. I wouldn't mind them introduced again as a reward for ESO+ loyalty, but not available for purchase in the Crown Store (unless, of course, they were sold at the same cost to those PC players who earned them).
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we got mounts for achievements, like WoW did with the special mounts for raid achievements.

Only way we can stroke our epeens in towns and battlegrounds here is with titles.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah they have said a few times that they will probably bring back a few of the older limited edition items. I'd love to have the Ice Wraith pet, but like with other limited edition things, some were rewards, and by bringing them back, it sort of lowers the value for people who have those items, and I respect that.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!