The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc Help

rwells87
rwells87
Soul Shriven
I have been running Deltias ingnition sorcerer since about level 20. When i started i picked sorc because of the pets and would run with like 3 pets. Alot of the play style for this build is basically running force pulse, force pulse (wait for Crystal frag proc) and maybe 2 buffs before the fight. Basically after all these levels it has gotten stale for me. Any recommendations on good sorc builds? I would like to be better in PvP but still decent in PvE. Thanks in advance for your responses.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely.

Unlock your class skills and try each morph. Same with the weapon (or two) of choice. The firsts 50 levels are prime for this, honestly. The vet levels to follow are used to hone and fine tune.

There are very few combos (under 50) where you'll muck it up so bad you can't pass content or you die. If you find one of these, simply adjust.

The best build you're going to come up with is the one you define yourself by learning what the skills do, don't do, and what they look like (esp. for PvP avoidance when the other guy is using the same skill).

If you cookie cutter from someone else's creation, you're going to get bored.

There are other viable combinations that work in various scenarios. Don't be afraid to experiment - it's the only way you're going to truly and intimately learn your character.

Good luck and happy gaming.

(When you come up with combos that just 'click,' you're gonna feel much better than having read someone else's from a website, believe me.)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • rwells87
    rwells87
    Soul Shriven
    Absolutely.

Unlock your class skills and try each morph. Same with the weapon (or two) of choice. The firsts 50 levels are prime for this, honestly. The vet levels to follow are used to hone and fine tune.

There are very few combos (under 50) where you'll muck it up so bad you can't pass content or you die. If you find one of these, simply adjust.

The best build you're going to come up with is the one you define yourself by learning what the skills do, don't do, and what they look like (esp. for PvP avoidance when the other guy is using the same skill).

If you cookie cutter from someone else's creation, you're going to get bored.

There are other viable combinations that work in various scenarios. Don't be afraid to experiment - it's the only way you're going to truly and intimately learn your character.

Good luck and happy gaming.

(When you come up with combos that just 'click,' you're gonna feel much better than having read someone else's from a website, believe me.)

i had considered doing this, just resetting my skill points and going through each spell to see what i like. I guess im trained from other mmo's that there is a certain build i should run and master.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    rwells87 wrote: »
    i had considered doing this, just resetting my skill points and going through each spell to see what i like. I guess im trained from other mmo's that there is a certain build i should run and master.
    There are going to be certain builds that are going to be more optimized or efficient.

That does not mean they are the only builds that can be effective.

If it gets to the point where you get kicked for not having exacting specs or setups, it will be time for them to let this game go ahead and die.

You'll see a handful of builds out there, because sadly, they are still not encouraging diversity and still have issues with balance. As a result, many builds will look very similar, but they are never the only way.

Also, what works for someone else may not work as well for you, and vice versa. If you try out all the skills, you can pick and choose as you wish, plus you'll be set up should they change them in the future.

If you go through the main skills first and pick a morph, you can morph-only respec later and try out the other morphs.

Do this until you run out of skillpoints (so it doesn't cost as much, as you're doing it only when you need to) and you'll have any skill at your disposal simply by doing a respec, as you will have already leveled them up. (You don't lost the XP's in the skill line when you respec)

You can easily have all class lines, armor lines, and two or more weapon lines maxed by 50.

When you run out of skillpoints for the base skills, do a full respec (probably around 10k at that point), place your skills that don't change as much (don't forget your passives.), and start again.

It will let you learn all the effects and bonuses/downsides along the way and you will be able to make more informed decisions accordingly.

Plus, it lets you enjoy playing the game.

Remember, this game is for you to enjoy, not for other peoples' expectations of how you should be enjoying it!

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely experiment. The only reason it took me really long to be a good player, was due to my lack of experimenting and trying to copy builds without knowing why they work. Once you fine tune your build, more than likely it will be very similar to others.