The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DK gearing for MSA (and other PvE content)

tiamak
tiamak
✭✭✭
Hi all!

Now that I've done some extended farming, I'm finally in the position to gear up in a way that suits a v16. However, since farming and buying the mats was such a chore, I'd prefer to not craft some gear that I then find to be ill fitted to my playstyle. So, I turn to you for some advice.

I'm a Redguard DK and want to play a stamina based DD. This might put me at a disadvantage with respect to magicka based DKs, but it fits my picture of my char much better, so I don't want to discuss this aspect here. I mainly want to do PvE endgame content, in particular MSA and, someday, vMSA as well. But I'd like to be able to contribute to groups as a DD as well without the need for a second gear set. Occasionally, I do some PvP, but that's not the main focus of this char.

Currently, I lean towards the following gear:
  • 5 pieces of medium armor, 2 pieces of heavy armor
  • two handed sword for the first weapon set
  • two swords for the second weapon set
  • jewelry: 3 pieces of the agility set

Now, I'm unsure concerning the armor/weapon sets. I've read that sustain is an important aspect in MSA. So, I tend towards 5 pieces of the Morkuldin set (e.g. 4 armor pieces and 1 weapon in each slot) since I think that this set will give me both sustain and weapon damage with a nice bonus on the fifth piece. Concerning the second set, this amounts to the bonus for three (first weapon set) or four (second weapon set) items. Here, I thought that the following could be good choices:
  • Night's Silence (giving me more stamina and sustain and on the second bar additional crit chance)
  • Night Mothers' Gaze (giving me more crit chance and weapon damage and on the second bar even more crit chance)
  • Hunding's Rage (giving me more crit chance and stamina and on the second bar even more crit chance)

Since my heals will be based on stamina as well, I take Night Mother's Gaze to be suboptimal. This leaves Night's Silence and Hunding's Rage. Would it be overkill to add more stamina regeneration with Night's Silence? Should I opt for the guaranteed crit chance from Hunding's Rage? I might swap to a bow on the second bar from time to time which would take away the four piece bonus for the second set on both bars.

Thanks for any input!