The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gearing Guide for VR

rwells87
rwells87
Soul Shriven
Greetings,

So i have had a question for some time on a general plan for gearing once you hit vr, what seems to be the general consensus on how to do it? Do you focus on obtaining crafted sets? do you go after dropped sets from bosses etc or do you just stick with the gear rewarded from quests and not bother with much until 16. Currently i picked up the full furnace set by doing IC at VR3 at VR5 i still havent picked up a single piece that beats it. I guess i just feel kind of lost on what to do as far as gear. Thanks for any help.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get basic crafted sets made blue/purple (depending on your/friends materials) which help levelling at VR1, VR5, VR10, VR14 then just focus on whatever you want to wear at end game.

For my magicka characters I use seducer/magnus to just give me attribute/resource buffs while I grind of clear quests then look at the max spellpower options at max level.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • rwells87
    rwells87
    Soul Shriven
    Turelus wrote: »
    Get basic crafted sets made blue/purple (depending on your/friends materials) which help levelling at VR1, VR5, VR10, VR14 then just focus on whatever you want to wear at end game.

For my magicka characters I use seducer/magnus to just give me attribute/resource buffs while I grind of clear quests then look at the max spellpower options at max level.

So this is probably a really newb question but i have noticed that certain traits are required for crafted sets, how do you determine which ones are needed to be able to craft the set?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would have to look up a guide on that one. I can say that it's not specific traits, only the number the crafter has researched/unlocked for that specific item.

Eg.
    Sword 2 traits unlocked, shield 4 traits unlocked.
    Armour set takes 3 unlocked traits.

The crafter could make the shield in this set but not the sword.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a link to the site i use when crafting sets,

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)