Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zandadunoz the Reborn (Unfinished Dolmen, "Heresy of Ignorance")

FilteredRiddle
FilteredRiddle
✭✭✭✭
Is there a bug with this boss's respawn?! The boss should be Zandadunoz the Reborn, and he's supposed to spawn at the Unfinished Dolmen. I have to kill him for the, "Heresy of Ignorance" quest but he is nowhere to be found. I've been waiting for his respawn for a solid 20 minutes and he just won't pop. There have been another dozen or so people who have come, gone, and come back so it isn't a personal character issue.
Xbox One NA
The Sentinels of Padomay
Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
- Jane McGonigal
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you take out all the trash mobs? There are waves of them that need to be taken out before he show up. But you have to kill all the ones that are there first.

The Wrothgar WBs never take that long to respawn on the PC, maybe 3 or 4 minutes.

Oh, and I hope you brought about a dozen of your friends, any less and you probably wont' win this fight.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    At minimum there were 5 people waiting for him to spawn, at most about 20 or so, and there were zero trash mobs. There were a few sparse mobs coming up to him, but at the dolmen itself there were exactly zero.
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • hukka
    hukka
    Soul Shriven
    Waiting for him for 20 minutes, still no mobs show up yet. I have defeated it yesterday twice and it did respawn pretty quickly between deaths. However today it is a zero respawns within 20 minutes

XboxOne - NA Megaserver
    Edited by hukka on November 19, 2015 6:09AM
  • uso245
    uso245
    ✭✭✭
    There is mobs spread throughout the area that needs to be killed to get him to spawn, not just ones directly on the dolmen but ones scattered within the area around it. You'll see them as the cultists I believe.
    My Facebook Page
    My Youtube Channel
    (DC NA Megaserver) Beta Tester
    My Twitter
    Art of Death
    Fate Stay Night

Member since February 2014
    l
    Strategist/Tactician
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    @uso245 All of the mobs leading up to him (Worm Cultists) were killed multiple times. A few times we even ran back down the mountain and then ran back up, killing the mobs for the third/fourth/fifth time. He never popped.
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay

- Jane McGonigal
  • uso245
    uso245
    ✭✭✭
    @uso245 All of the mobs leading up to him (Worm Cultists) were killed multiple times. A few times we even ran back down the mountain and then ran back up, killing the mobs for the third/fourth/fifth time. He never popped.

Weird I have never had the issue.
    My Facebook Page
    My Youtube Channel
    (DC NA Megaserver) Beta Tester
    My Twitter
    Art of Death
    Fate Stay Night

Member since February 2014
    l
    Strategist/Tactician
  • Acirijan
    Acirijan
    Soul Shriven
    Have the same issue, have check this area many times today, only to find people sitting around waiting. Have gone and killed the mobs at the strange obelisks, ran back, nothing. Every thing else in the immediate area is dead as well.

I have seen this spawn once on launch day, that's it.

Seems its quite clearly broken.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm missing one strange obelisks on this one and i can't find it anywhere, and it doesn't show on the map when i have the quest selected. any ideas where i can find the last strange obelisk?
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NeKryXe obelisks respawn after deactivated, they are always surrounded by 3 cultists and always against a huge rock/cliff etc... the best place to look for them is against the huge cliff (south most area marked by the quest), there are at least 2 along the lake. Wait until the cultists appear, kill them, interact. (One of those has 2 chests that spawn fairly often next to it)

As for Zandanuzov not respawning, might be an instance problem. Have everyone leave the area or degroup. Relog. This was a common problem with bosses and quest bosses back in the early months of ESO. At least, it's what i'd try.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NeKryXe obelisks respawn after deactivated, they are always surrounded by 3 cultists and always against a huge rock/cliff etc... the best place to look for them is against the huge cliff (south most area marked by the quest), there are at least 2 along the lake. Wait until the cultists appear, kill them, interact. (One of those has 2 chests that spawn fairly often next to it)

As for Zandanuzov not respawning, might be an instance problem. Have everyone leave the area or degroup. Relog. This was a common problem with bosses and quest bosses back in the early months of ESO. At least, it's what i'd try.

thank you. i'm going to search it ;)
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Spacemonkey i already killed dozens of guys next to the lake and the huge cliff named "Worm Cult" but i still couldn't find the last obelisk. this quest is weird.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Spacemonkey forget it! there was one in the middle of the lake in a small island with no one guarding it that i missed :')

thanks for the help.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NeKryXe I did say there was 2 on the cliff. And the one on the island IS against a huge rock :P

Glad you found em.
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've killed him since posting this; his respawn seems fixed now.
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay

- Jane McGonigal
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be broken again. Both my girlfriend and myself have had this quest for 3 days now. We've waited, more then an hour probably half a dozen times between us and 20-30 minutes more times then I can count, and the initials adds never spawn. Weird thing is that it may only be broken for PS4/US/AD. I was on an EP character the other day and passed by and Zandadunoz was just standing there. There were no initial waves but that's not uncommon if someone has initiated the fight and not finished it.

Could someone (@ZOS_GinaBruno) check into this?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    Seems to be broken again.........Weird thing is that it may only be broken for PS4/US/AD.

It might be a platform specific issue. Although, there have not been any recent patching on the consoles (those are coming), so not sure what could have changed.

Anyway, last night he spawned just fine for me, PC-NA. In fact, I have never not had him spawn after a reasonable wait. Usually, we are trying to keep people in the group from aggroing the adds before everyone shows up.

Have you tried logging off and logging back on, or leaving the zone and coming back?

• Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was almost like the form letter response I got from submitting a report. They also told me to "log off for 5 minutes" :kiddingwithyou:. No, I have not been playing the game for 72 hours straight... Yes, I've logged off and on many times, both in the world boss area and away from it; as well as in completely different zones.

I've also done that particular boss 20ish times, so I have a pretty good idea how it works. I know this one doesn't spawn immediately and you have to take out the worm cultists in the area (inside the circle of stones), the problem is that those worm cultists never spawn. The first time I noticed the issue (3 days ago) there was a glowing purple area, well outside of the circle of stones, almost like one of the mini Oblivion gates had spawned under ground. I don't see that anymore, but have no idea if it has anything to do with anything.

I'm sure the rotating group of 25-35 people waiting close to an hour last night would say there's obviously something wrong, but they're apparently not on the forums. Some even had theories about waiting outside the circle of stones. Well, I never had to do that before but I'm willing to try anything. Of course, with that many people around you'll never get everyone to comply.

You could very well be right that it's platform specific. Even beyond that it seems to be alliance specific since I saw Zandadunoz on an EP alt. I didn't fight him since it was a low level alt and there weren't 25-35 people standing around holding their staffs. I just don't see why it should be so difficult to get a ZOS official to log on and check. I've never seen an official "Gamemaster" on PS4. Do they exist? If not why do I have to read about not being fooled by impostors when I'd rather read the lore blurb on the load screen?

Anyway, enough of my rant, thanks for your reply Nestor. At least I know someone has heard me.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't ZOS keep all kinds of statistics? Seems I recall that being said in an ESOLive episode. Can't someone at ZOS just say "hey, lets look and see how many times the quest Heresy of Ignorance been completed by the AD faction on PS4/NA over the last few days"?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »

Anyway, enough of my rant, thanks for your reply Nestor. At least I know someone has heard me.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Is there anyway to check on why the World Boss at the Unfinished Dolmen is not showing up for folks on the PS4? In particular the AD Alliance?

• Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to update, after holding the quest for 3 days on 3 characters and not being able to finish it, I abandoned the quest last night. Stopped by just now and the Worm Cultists are here.