Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Merc style Mat

laksikus
laksikus
✭✭✭✭✭
The Style Item for Mercenary, Laurel, is found by killing the final boss of Normal and Veteran dungeons, with Veteran dungeons' final bosses having a better chance than Normal final bosses.
This chance is also modified by your knowledge of the Mercenary style: If you know zero Chapters of the style, you will never receive a Laurel from any source. If you know all 14 Chapters, you will always receive a Laurel from Veteran dungeon final bosses, every time you kill one.
Laurels are Bind on Pickup - they cannot be sold, traded, or mailed.

so does that mean if my crafter isnt my v16 that does all the dungeons, im screwed?
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    You can trade them over to your crafter as you can trade nearly everything between your chars per bank ;)
    Edited by Zakor on November 3, 2015 7:19PM
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, but how do i get them?

If you know zero Chapters of the style, you will never receive a Laurel from any source.

or is that rule also bound to account? if my crafter knows them i get them on all chars?
    Edited by laksikus on November 3, 2015 7:21PM
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a picture of the full set?
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    MSchroeder wrote: »
    There’s been a lot of discussion about the Mercenary motif since it appeared on the PTS yesterday, and we’d like to clear up some misconceptions and answer some questions.

First, we’ve seen your concerns about the time and effort it’s going to take to obtain all the chapters of the motif. We’re aware that some of you feel that the other recently-released motifs are too grueling to get, so we wanted Mercenary to be more easily obtained. Bronze chests will drop a chapter 40% of the time; Silver chests, 50% of the time; Gold chests, 60% of the time.

We’ve also seen some confusion when we say that the Laurels (the style item required to craft a piece of gear in the Mercenary style) are Bind on Pickup. To be clear, when we say ‘Bind on Pickup’, we mean it binds to your account, not your character. This means that any of your characters can earn a Laurel, bank it, and let any of your other characters use it.

Finally, we’ve seen lots of talk about how the Laurels will only drop for characters who know at least one chapter of the style. One thing we didn’t mention in the patch notes, however, is that this is not a simple 0%-100% scale – while knowing zero chapters of the style does mean you won’t ever see a Laurel, having just one chapter means that final bosses from Veteran Dungeon will have a 50% chance to drop a Laurel for you. From there, it scales up linearly to 100% (approx. +4% per chapter). Note that the drop rate of Laurels from final bosses in Normal Dungeons Laurel is always 1/4th of their Veteran counterparts.

If you’re concerned that you now have to get your crafting character suited up and ready for dungeons, consider this: With just one chapter under your belt – likely obtained after only a day’s worth of Pledges – your most Undaunted character will be getting a Laurel about every other run through a Veteran Dungeon.

So yes, if your v16 doesn't know any of the style chapters, (s)he won't be getting any laurels. You'll need to learn at least one chapter on that character. According to the above, however, drop rates are very generous, so getting an extra chapter shouldn't be an issue.
    PC / NA
    Thenathra - Khajiit Stormblade (Sorcerer - Dual-wield Swords/Lightning Staff)

Several alts I've created, but haven't leveled much yet:
    Norryne - Dunmer Paladin (Templar - Two-hand Hammer/One-hand Hammer & Shield)
    Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
    Gohrnag - Orc Elementalist (Dragon Knight - Frost Staff/Lightning Staff)
    Kerasha - Redguard Mystic (Templar - Flame Staff/Restoration Staff)
    Alawael - Bosmer Assassin (Nightblade - Bow/Two-hand Battleaxe)
    Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    You all realize that your crafting character will be able to get all the Laurels they need from the CROWN STORE next week.
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    yeah, but how do i get them?

If you know zero Chapters of the style, you will never receive a Laurel from any source.

or is that rule also bound to account? if my crafter knows them i get them on all chars?

Nope, you have to teach some chapters to your main char too.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tallowby wrote: »
    You all realize that your crafting character will be able to get all the Laurels they need from the CROWN STORE next week.

Why does this really matter though? Mercenary Motif wasn't like Xivkyn or Glass in that it was very rare to find. I literally completed the whole collection on my main (which is also my crafting toon) within 30 minutes of logging in. The price of the motif has already crashed completely and chapters are going for about the same amount as Dwemer chapters are going for right now.

I guess the point I'm trying to say is, you don't have to worry about not getting the laurel because eventually you will get flooded with chapters to the point where every single one of your characters can learn the entire motif and get guaranteed drops every time you run a veteran dungeon.
    Edited by Scyantific on November 3, 2015 7:55PM
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like to save my keys. for a vet level rise, or new sets :P