The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please help Doshia's Lair

AL16
AL16
✭✭✭
im a noob level 8 templar, just couldnt get through Doshia's Lair. Please help! orz
Joined 2015, didn't play a lot and quit. Returned recently
Stamblade main, trying out other builds atm.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What faction, platform and server are you on?
  • AL16
    AL16
    ✭✭✭
    and im in dc
  • AL16
    AL16
    ✭✭✭
    pc na
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah damn. Everything is the same, but I'm EU. Good luck, I hope you find someone.
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The orbs heal her, destroy them before they get to her.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling they nerfed the crap out of Doshia. My new nb 3 hit her before she could even put the orbs up
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/63618/doshias-lair

You weren't the first with this problem. I usually kill Doshia with my bow before she starts to think over her life :wink: .
    Edited by Gargath on October 29, 2015 10:04AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • AL16
    AL16
    ✭✭✭
    Tannakaobi wrote: »
    The orbs heal her, destroy them before they get to her.
    oh yeah thx i did it :)
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I have a feeling they nerfed the crap out of Doshia. My new nb 3 hit her before she could even put the orbs up

Aye, a while back too. Was once such a good fight. Rather than nerf everything they really should have created a better tutorial. 99% I think people just don't understand ESO's combat system. Especially in such early content.

It's unlike other mmo's as it's about reaction rather than rotation. If you don't block, dodge and interrupt you will probably die. As well as that it's about countering your enemy. In Doshia case it's about breaking the orbs and moving away from her ultimate. If you do that she's easy, and that was before the nerf. Now an experience player can just face roll her.

I can't tell you how many deaths I have seen even in higher level area's just because someone is standing in the red circles allowing a mage to just kill them.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Ah damn. Everything is the same, but I'm EU. Good luck, I hope you find someone.

Even if you had been on the same server, you wouldn't have been able to help with that particular fight. It is a solo instance like all main story, mage's guild, and fighter's guild missions :(
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of my characters have had trouble with her the first time I face her, but for some reason it seems like if you go right back and try again she will suddenly be significantly easier the second or third time... like, it doesn't feel like I changed my strategy or anything, it feels like she has about half the health....almost like she's being handed to me. I've been wondering about this, it's weird. It does seem like focusing on as much damage as fast as possible on her seems to work best, I don't think I ever survived the times the battle dragged out.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on October 29, 2015 11:40PM
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    Most of my characters have had trouble with her the first time I face her, but for some reason it seems like if you go right back and try again she will suddenly be significantly easier the second or third time... like, it doesn't feel like I changed my strategy or anything, it feels like she has about half the health....almost like she's being handed to me. I've been wondering about this, it's weird.

There is a system in place for solo instances that if you die it is easier each time. That could be what you are experiencing.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in Beta OMG Doshia - so hard and so fun!! Gutsripper too! Every other time I fought them? Lolol. Faceroll.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    Back in Beta OMG Doshia - so hard and so fun!! Gutsripper too! Every other time I fought them? Lolol. Faceroll.

Gutsripper hit like a truck back then :o

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • stewart.leslie76b16_ESO
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    Most of my characters have had trouble with her the first time I face her, but for some reason it seems like if you go right back and try again she will suddenly be significantly easier the second or third time... like, it doesn't feel like I changed my strategy or anything, it feels like she has about half the health....almost like she's being handed to me. I've been wondering about this, it's weird. It does seem like focusing on as much damage as fast as possible on her seems to work best, I don't think I ever survived the times the battle dragged out.

I think I read somewhere that with the solo quests if you repeatedly die, they do get slightly easier with each death so not stop your progression. But the rewards get less each time you die.I might have read that for a different game though.

I remember her from beta, absolute pain. Came back when the game went B2P, still a handful, but no real problems. But now with CP in play, seriously boring.
    I, as a loyal member of the Foamy Cult, do solemnly swear to live a logical life free of stupidity, ignorance and all round jack assery. I shall do my best to enlighten those in need of Squirrelly Wisdom in hope of one day ridding the world of human idiocy. This I swear.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »

Gutsripper hit like a truck back then :o

Amen, man. You know who else grated my cheese back then - well early access?
    Lyris as a Harvester in the main story 'gimme the feckin amulet Sai!' part. Almost rage quit on that soo much!!
    Edited by Islyn on October 30, 2015 1:16AM