The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Ravager vs Brair Thron set

nordickittyhawk
nordickittyhawk
✭✭✭✭✭
Ravager comes at vet 14 only with jewls and 3 armor peices (all heavy)

While Brair thron set comes vet 16 all jewls and all armor (medium)

(screen shots in comments please n thank you im lazy)

Ravager
2)Crit
3)health
4)wpn dmg
5)8% chance when landing a melee dmg gain 615 weapon dmg for 10 seconds

Brair Thorn
2)crit
3)stam
4)crit
5)10% chance on a crit dmg to gain 449 wpn dmg for 10 seconds. While active you heal your self for 609 health with every crit (15 second cool down)

My problem with this that ravager is still the better option and it really sucks to behonest since 1.6 i really havent changed my build at all (granted i need med molag kena shoulder for it to chage) So i kinda left out that stam builds still use vet 14 sets while everyone else can bloody use what ever they damn please at vet 16. (This is all based for PvErs so PVP dont compare my last sentence to pvp) If they pushed weapon dmg to maybe i dunno... 500? i would use this set in pve trials/dungeons and the cool down is 5 seconds Eh... ravager has a cool down of 10 seconds (when proced) but i can get it again within a second or straight after.

I know im nit picking but thats my opnion on the set :) i will be using this set in the arena as i see it better in there than ravager. Im not shitting on the set i feel like they could make something that would get rid of these vet 14 stuff sitting on my charcter :)

Leave your feed back on sets in comments you guys can disagree or agree on my points hell its the internet i cant stop you just be mature please :)
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anything solo related in PvE and especially in vMA the Briarthorn set will be way better. For raw damage output I think Ravager is ahead, but only by a very small amount. The thing we have to consider is that there's a big difference in stats between VR14 and VR16, plus with Ravager you can't get the 6% Undaunted stat increase since you'd be forced to go 2H/5M. Overall I think you're better off with Briarthorn. Peronally I think I am going with 5 Briar, 3 Agility, 1 Kena, 1 Bloodspawn and Maelstrom weapons. But that's a lot of good RNG and clears down the line. First I have to overcome the obstacle of even beating the arena as stamina, something I think haven't been done yet.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comparing ravager to Briarheart is not fair since Briarheart is primarily for self heals and doesnt offer the highest weapon damage in the game. You should compare 5 ravager 5 hundings 2 agility to 5 hundings, 1 Kena 3 Night's mother and 3 Agility.

Im assuming you are using ravager jewelry to maintain the medium armor bonus for weapon damage.
    Since Hundings is in both setups it can be cancelled out.

Ravager Set 2 piece bonus -3% crit, 3 piece bonus - health, 4 piece bonus - 126, 5 piece bonus - 630 weapon damage.
    Each jewelry enchantment gives 133 weapon damage.
    Total weapon damage = 1155...assuming you can keep it up indefinitely.

1 kena - 129 weapon damage,
    3 Night Mothers - 2 piece bonus - 3% crit, 3 piece bonus - 129 weapon damage,
    3 Agility - 2 piece bonus 1400 stam, 3 piece bonus - 186 weapon damage.
    Each Jewelry enchant gives 174 weapon damage.
    Total weapon damage = 966

Weapon damage difference = 189

Lets look at what else you lose when having ravager.
    Since you are wearing 2 piece heavy armor you lose 8% regen and 6% reduced stam cost.
    You also lose 3% crit chance
    You also lose a little bit of stam because the 2 armor pieces are v14.

Now its up to you to decide.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you just look at the weapon damage or did you do exact calculations?
    I could imagine that v16 enchantments and stamina + weapon crit instead of health + weapon damage could make both sets about equal in terms of damage output.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ravager comes at vet 14 only with jewls and 3 armor peices (all heavy)

While Brair thron set comes vet 16 all jewls and all armor (medium)

(screen shots in comments please n thank you im lazy)

Ravager
    2)Crit
    3)health
    4)wpn dmg
    5)8% chance when landing a melee dmg gain 615 weapon dmg for 10 seconds

Brair Thorn
    2)crit
    3)stam
    4)crit
    5)10% chance on a crit dmg to gain 449 wpn dmg for 10 seconds. While active you heal your self for 609 health with every crit (15 second cool down)

My problem with this that ravager is still the better option and it really sucks to behonest since 1.6 i really havent changed my build at all (granted i need med molag kena shoulder for it to chage) So i kinda left out that stam builds still use vet 14 sets while everyone else can bloody use what ever they damn please at vet 16. (This is all based for PvErs so PVP dont compare my last sentence to pvp) If they pushed weapon dmg to maybe i dunno... 500? i would use this set in pve trials/dungeons and the cool down is 5 seconds Eh... ravager has a cool down of 10 seconds (when proced) but i can get it again within a second or straight after.

I know im nit picking but thats my opnion on the set :) i will be using this set in the arena as i see it better in there than ravager. Im not shitting on the set i feel like they could make something that would get rid of these vet 14 stuff sitting on my charcter :)

Leave your feed back on sets in comments you guys can disagree or agree on my points hell its the internet i cant stop you just be mature please :)

Cooldowns start after the end of effect.
    Edited by Anhedonie on October 29, 2015 3:05AM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravager rings have health, so you lose out on 2 stamina bonuses.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Leifnier
    Leifnier
    ✭✭✭
    All ap bought sets will be updated to the highest vr level in a future patch, so be ready to buy another set of it when that happens
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not wear both at the same time?
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapon damage DR's after a certain point id use briarthorns or TBS anyday
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    Weapon damage DR's after a certain point id use briarthorns or TBS anyday

Sorry i forgot to mention on a stamplar because crit sooo good.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Does sb know if Briar has a COOLDOWN like Ravager?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Brair Thorn
    2)crit
    3)stam
    4)crit

• nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not wear both at the same time?

It be very very very very low wpn dmg when neither is proced
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Dymence wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »
    Brair Thorn
    2)crit
    3)stam
    4)crit

So ravager has a 10s Cooldown vs 15second of Briar, tho Briat is v16 compared to v14 Ravager.
    Maybe with the update AFTER Orsinium they might upgrade Ravager to v16 so we will see how it will work out.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested briar set on pts, the heal in cyrodiil is miniscule, like 400ish each time. The procc is nice, when its up, but thats not as often as you think since they nerfed it to not procc of HoTs. Its an ok pve set tho.

Also tested morkuldin, while it looked cool, very cool actually, the blade does very little dmg in pvp aswell.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    I tested briar set on pts, the heal in cyrodiil is miniscule, like 400ish each time. The procc is nice, when its up, but thats not as often as you think since they nerfed it to not procc of HoTs. Its an ok pve set tho.

Also tested morkuldin, while it looked cool, very cool actually, the blade does very little dmg in pvp aswell.

won't it be a ton of hps when spamming steel tornado, though?
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be worth taking a look at the potential jewelry enchants. If you go with weapon power on your jewelry enchants, Ravager loses a lot of relative power compared to v16 enchants. If you stick with cost reduction the difference is minimal between v14 and v16.
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Briar if vastly superior, what you lose in straight weapon dmg with 5 piece, you gain with enchants on your jewels. Briar plus toxic venom on a stam sorc, will probably be one of the best combos in the new update, it will certainly be brilliant for solo arena, crit surge+ briar+ toxic venom will make for some interesting numbers + unbelievable self heals.
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nice thing about Briar is it has full apparel and jewelry options.

So what about 5 Briar + 5 Hund + Malestorm weapons (thinking 2 daggers for the crit boost)?
  • elium85
    elium85
    ✭✭✭
    @PlagueMonk Yeah, that's the exact setup I'm thinking of running on my Stam Sorc once I've framed the gear.
  • jbcrocks
    jbcrocks
    ✭✭✭
    Leifnier wrote: »
    All ap bought sets will be updated to the highest vr level in a future patch, so be ready to buy another set of it when that happens

Is this confirmed?
    jbcrocks [EP] - Dunmer DK - Vamp since launch - AvA 37
    Chaboyyyhd [EP]- Altmer Sorcerer - AvA 9
    Jb Shadowcloak [EP] - Imperial Nightblade AvA 9
    Commander Soviets [AD] - Bosmer Nightnlade AvA 5

• zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So two setups

5x ravager
    5x hundings
    1x kena
    1x bloodspawn

This is dual wielding obviously for the extra slot

With 3 x weapon damage glyphs on the jewellery this gives 133 per piece.

Total weapon damage buffs equals

Or
    5x briar
    5x hundings
    1x kena
    1x bloodspawn

3 weapon damage glyphs

Total of 1400 weapon damage buffs

So a total of 43 weapon damage using ravager, BUT you lose 2 stam bonus of 950 by using ravager rings that have health enchants, so a total of 1900 stamina is lost, and as we know, 1900 stamina is worth 190 weapon damage.

So technically your tooltip may say it's lower, but by using the new combo your actual attacks will deal more damage