The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why the guild raids don't invite randoms?

• CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »
    NPK Daniel wrote: »

Some would call these exploits (healing through walls, proxy det'ing people on first floor while on outer ring 2nd floor, always meteor'ing where you know fall damage will occur, etc etc)

That's exactly what they are

C'mon bro -- I see your healers doing it too....
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    reften wrote: »
    I pay more attention to someone who says "Looking for a serious PvP guild" vs. someone who says "LFG". If you're in Cyrodiil a lot, constantly just typing "LFG" you're doing it wrong. Get to know people, you'll find lots of good people in this game.

This guy got it.

It is really not that hard to figure out who's good, who's active and who has been playing this game for a long time simply running around in Cyrodiil. This is how I joined my first serious guild in TESO. In the course of the battle, I spotted players that seemed highly skilled to me and I whispered them directly to ask more informations. I asked if they were part of any guild, if they were recruiting new members and shew interests to join their groups. First guy I whispered was Oniric and he guided me directly into joining Legend-gaming which I never left since.

It is the same thing when I see people wondering how they can get better at this game. Where to find builds, how to get better at pvping. People seem scared to whisper directly strangers to ask more informations. This is the internet, the worst you will get is a no or getting ignored. But most people usually answer any constructive questions. At least for me, when a random player ask me advices about dragonknights or about Cyrodiil strategies, it's always a pleasure to help.

Don' t be shy to open the class section of the leaderboards and to whisper players in the top3 for advices, this is usually the best way to learn more about your class. Or just watch group of organized players running around who seem to know what they're doing, whisper one of them, ask who is the group leader, tell them your class, spec, weapon/spell power, recovery and you might get invited.

Asking "LFG" in zone make it looks lazy and casual. If you're looking for a group not using Teamspeak, this is perfect for you. But if you're looking for serious players and more organisation, the LFG approach is probably not the best thing.
    NPK Daniel wrote: »
    It's a huge time commitment to prepare people. And it requires a lot of dedication to get good. My biggest fear is wasting time on someone I'll never see after this month.

I want to see you around for a while first.

I for once agree with you on this one. In my career as the lead of PVP of Vokundein, the most frustrating for me has been to take the time to review the entire build of a new player, give him the appropriate training to make him pvp ready and to see him leave a few days later.

Training new players take alot of energies and dedication and not everyone can do it. The most important into any group is to get at least a core of 8 players including 2 templar full time healers. Once you have that, you can grow pretty fast. When you get bellow that number, keeping your group successful and appealing to new members gets alot harder.
    Rylana wrote: »
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Jura23 wrote: »
    Thanks. But don't you think that given we all have 2 bars for our abilities most of players will most likely have like 80% of these abilities slotted even before they consider joining a group? I don't see how that is so big deal that needs to be pointed out then.

If you mean to come off like a sarcastic opinionated elitist unkind person, then you totally succeeded.

This is the sort of thing that is likely obvious to someone who has spent a lot of time and energy thinking about it, but it not at all intuitive to people without that mindset/experience.

@Rylana thanks for the examples.

Now I have to think about this; as my Magicka NB doesn't have vigor (not nearly enough AP to come close), nor does he use dual weild (magicka - he's all about the destro staff). But what you have done is point out some good principles and given some thought provoking examples.

Thank you.

Fear and locking down healers, thats what id say a magicka NB ought be doing, but glad I could point ya to where the groups like ya to be.

A magicka NB should mainly use Sap Essence and tank / CC people as you pointed using Fear.
    Edited by frozywozy on November 3, 2015 9:09PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    Another bit of advice: If you are running around solo trying to get into a group, do not jump onto a siege weapon that does not belong to you. Unless you are helping with a ram. Most players have a system going with the siege that requires them to jump on and off of it. If you start using the siege (especially if you aim it at the wrong target), that decreases the effectiveness of a group's siege strategy. It is a very fast way to ensure that particular group never invites you along.

A good plan is to bring your own siege, wait to see what the group is targeting, then set yours up and help. Just make sure you aren't the one to bring a wall or door down below 50% and flag the keep. If people see you helping and trying not to screw things up for them, they may consider inviting you to the group. Especially if you ask politely after helping. People do notice. Rez people, have voice comms available (at least be able to listen, even if you don't have a mic), etc.

Don't aggro guards. Don't reveal stealthed players.

Like others have said, stay tight with the group, try to follow along and support them as best you can and they might invite you if you ask in /say chat, or whisper one or two players.

As far as changing your build to help the group, it is rarely required that you have to re-spec. I keep multiple sets of armor/weapons on me and can tweak my build with those depending on what the group needs most. Be willing to change out some skills to aid the group if they ask. Be willing to coordinate your ultis with the group. At a minimum, one ultimate slot should be whatever the group requests, even if it is not your preferred skill.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run mostly solo as i love to run solo and hate it when i get invited to a group coz when i decline the group invite a million questions follow....

NO it is not because i don't like you!!!!

When i Want to run in a group i join my guildies.....

I love solo play and love the challenge of picking off guys in the middle of an enemy group and the getting away.... typical NB/Assassin style....

I wish we could get bounty for guys who have a bounty on their head.....
    go to the bounty board get the guys name,
    find him,
    try to kill him for the bounty,
    Move to next target..

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    I run mostly solo as i love to run solo and hate it when i get invited to a group coz when i decline the group invite a million questions follow....

NO it is not because i don't like you!!!!

When i Want to run in a group i join my guildies.....

I love solo play and love the challenge of picking off guys in the middle of an enemy group and the getting away.... typical NB/Assassin style....

I wish we could get bounty for guys who have a bounty on their head.....
    go to the bounty board get the guys name,
    find him,
    try to kill him for the bounty,
    Move to next target..
    wrong thread?
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like to thank everybody in this thread for their insights. I didnt expect it to get so much attention and I think it can be helpful for lots of ppl out there. You all did great job in this discussion.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    Being in a group like this is overrated. They make you run certain skills or you get cussed out. There is a ton of standing around and doing nothing. Get on their teamspeak and be exposed to all kinds of strange discussions.

That being said, when they are fighting they will usually win.

Good point. Personally I hate to change my build according to someone else's needs. I prefer to find ppl who will benefit from my build as it is, made by myself.

I mean, that kind of says it right there. Sounds like you prefer to run your build because it works for solo/small group play, which is fine, but you should realize it will be a big reason why you won't be invited or reinvited to guild groups. Im surprised you would want to join a guild group if you don't want to participate in the group pvp that requires largely group oriented skillbars.

I never said I want to join them. I said I see ppl asking to join them. But I have to disagree with you nonetheless. When you have a group that as you say plays as a team, I still don't see how will that hurt them if they add few ppl who are running their own builds. They can still do their thing as a team, or not?

I understand you "don't see how". But....there is a "how" nonetheless.
  • Erudition
    Erudition
    ✭✭✭
    One of the things that really made guilds like Havoc great...

Havoc nearly ruined this game through their exploiting, and teaching everyone on EP how to exploit.

This game is much better off with them gone.

And btw dude .uc. you.
    Edited by Erudition on November 8, 2015 11:26AM