The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

You cannot Mount while you are in Combat......8 mins later

Alcast
Alcast
Class Representative
Most annoying bug and here since beta.... gg
Edited by Alcast on October 27, 2015 4:18PM
https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they should just scrap the combat detection method and make it something simpler like no damage take in X amount of seconds.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I get stuck in combat, I try hitting the escape key a few times and that usually sorts it. On the console, whatever button brings up the menu to logout.

However, if a mob spawned underground and has aggro'd on your character, then you need to run away until it resets before you can be considered out of combat. The idea of taking no damage for x seconds would work to get around this, but might create other problems.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they could just let you mount in combat, but if flagged for combat you have zero mount stamina. That would dissuade making mid-combat getaways pretty convincingly.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Nestor wrote: »
    Whenever I get stuck in combat, I try hitting the escape key a few times and that usually sorts it. On the console, whatever button brings up the menu to logout.

However, if a mob spawned underground and has aggro'd on your character, then you need to run away until it resets before you can be considered out of combat. The idea of taking no damage for x seconds would work to get around this, but might create other problems.

that escape button thing does not work for me...

And I literally ran from Chalman to *** Gate of Ni-Mok bc I could not mount... thats how sad it is :(
    Edited by Alcast on October 27, 2015 5:26PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Prodigy1971
    Prodigy1971
    ✭✭
    Lol. I wrote several threads and posts addressing this issue. I am infight for more than 10 minutes after the last contact. Almost everytime.

Its worse if I use Rally...

If I fight and the enemy manages to get away... I am in combat for as long as he is alive. Sometimes even after I die.

I cannot mount, port or stealth nor join groups... THIS SUCKS SINCE WEEKS!!!!
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be an easy fix and they already have the code in place.

Use stealth's code. Meaning if your eye can close fully, you are out of combat. Whatever the criteria for that is.

Or- If not receiving or dealing damage for a certain amount of time, say 15 seconds, you are out of combat.

Seems like it would be a fairly easy thing to fix.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has to be one of the worst things they haven't been able to fix.

I dont' see why they just don't let us mount in combat, just give us 10% of our mount stamina. That way if someone tries to do it as an escape they can get easily dismounted (and god forbid non escape class like templar or DK gets a chance to escape when they are 100m away from a fight).
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    This has to be one of the worst things they haven't been able to fix.

I dont' see why they just don't let us mount in combat, just give us 10% of our mount stamina. That way if someone tries to do it as an escape they can get easily dismounted (and god forbid non escape class like templar or DK gets a chance to escape when they are 100m away from a fight).

And it would bring more relevance to Anti-Cavalry caltros :P
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In this update, it has been a lot better in my experience. I don't often have good words to say, but in this case it's actually true.

Certain abilities used to not "purge" after you died (Entropy and morphs being one of them) and kept you in combat. But it's a lot better now imo
    EU | PC | AD
  • Angarato
    Angarato
    ✭✭✭
    ugh this bug is horrible. sometimes the eye thing (stealth) is also bugged for long periods of time and i can't stealth. which really screws me over as a nb
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    It would be an easy fix and they already have the code in place.

Use stealth's code. Meaning if your eye can close fully, you are out of combat. Whatever the criteria for that is.

Or- If not receiving or dealing damage for a certain amount of time, say 15 seconds, you are out of combat.

Seems like it would be a fairly easy thing to fix.

You would think.. but now that I think that is probably how combat is determined.. The problem is certain abilities, npcs or other actions cause the game to think you are dealing damage or healing players.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if we all pretend this is a brand new bug, it will somehow move up the priority list in ZOS' bug tracker*.

*inb4 jokes about zos and bug tracker
    Edited by Lava_Croft on October 27, 2015 8:30PM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS cares... have you rebooted your router?! :pensive:
  • Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    What I found is you have or are a healer and if you happen to heal someone else that is in combat still then you heal another player doing nothing you pull them into combat.

I beg those spamming restro staff healers using healing springs-regen there is no need to use them when every thing is dead. All your doing is keeping yourself and others in combat.

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    8 minutes later we've already taken the keep I'M STILL RUNNING TOO. True stamina management occurs when this bug does.
    Edited by revonine on October 28, 2015 4:28AM
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried turning your monitor off and on?
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Make sure you have a valid internet connection"
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be a stam dk and templar curse... we have 3 of them regularly punished after each fight with endless runs in the wild. Maybe related to healing from what we notices.

They could easily kill that situation by letting characters go out of combat one they stached their weapons for 10 secs for example.
    Edited by prootch on October 28, 2015 10:08AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree. Stupid thing is, it doesn't affect everyone. We'll stop by, kill a few people, then others will mount and continue riding while I'm running behind like a d-bag because I can't get on my horse.
    Please fix.
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    Sure they could easily fix it after months of painfull running ^^
    But i'm not sure they consider it a major pb.
    Edited by prootch on October 28, 2015 10:11AM
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Totally agree. Stupid thing is, it doesn't affect everyone. We'll stop by, kill a few people, then others will mount and continue riding while I'm running behind like a d-bag because I can't get on my horse.
    Please fix.

It's kinda bad that ZOS doesn't even know what causes it. I mean it doesn't even effect other party members sometimes that are attacking the same player. Or a party member may be in battle nearby killed the attacker yet I'm the one still stuck in combat for the next 5 minutes eugh.
    I swear they just activate Rapid Maneuvers to take pity one me sometimes.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    revonine wrote: »
    Lol they do this for me too while I'm jumping behind
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    revonine wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Please fix.

It's kinda bad that ZOS doesn't even know what causes it. I mean it doesn't even effect other party members sometimes that are attacking the same player. Or a party member may be in battle nearby killed the attacker yet I'm the one still stuck in combat for the next 5 minutes eugh.

It's also bad that they refuse to comment on the issue.. I guess they hope if they pretend it doesn't exist, that it somehow goes away automagically.
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it really that hard for coders to come up with a way that if you Have not been attacked or have attacked in the last 10 seconds and/or not Healed a person in combat... you get out of combat... A MMO 15 years old can do this correctly god damn it's embarrassing.
    Edited by Nijjion on October 28, 2015 12:52PM
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • HenryIvan
    HenryIvan
    ✭✭✭
    You cannot Mount while you are in Combat......8 mins later

lmao this is so true or u die and release and are still in combat
  • Oswolf
    Oswolf
    ✭✭
    Zeni should just remove the 'in combat' mode if they don't know how to fix it.
    b]DA[/b Daggerfall Army
    DC EU
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this update, it has been a lot better in my experience. I don't often have good words to say, but in this case it's actually true.

Certain abilities used to not "purge" after you died (Entropy and morphs being one of them) and kept you in combat. But it's a lot better now imo

Use Vigor and try to say that again...

I am often stuck in combat for several minutes after a fight when I used Vigor especially.

#LetUsMountInCombat
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legedric wrote: »

Use Vigor and try to say that again...

I am often stuck in combat for several minutes after a fight when I used Vigor especially.

#LetUsMountInCombat

Vigor, Rally, looking at somebody in clip range that uses a heal, ... all reasons enough to go into combat, even after you died and are standing at the spawn.
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    ....even after you died and are standing at the spawn.

Oh that's so annoying... you die, you rezz at a near keep and want to go back on spot as fast as possible but ESO says:
    "Nope, not gonna happen... I will hold you in combat forever, yes I know you died, no I don't care!"

Edited by Legedric on October 28, 2015 5:08PM
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will never fix this bug. It's been here since beta and seems like it has got worse since IC release. I really wish they would just allow us to mount in combat. If i want to take that risk and get destroyed as i try to mount and run away, let me. It's better than running across the whole damn map being told i'm in combat when i'm bloody picking up bugloss because the rest of the group is already at the enemy keep!