The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The shield breaker set, issue's

Amica
Amica
✭✭✭
Ok So i get it that a boss in an up coming DLC requires shield breaker gear.

But in pvp this is the issue.. Yes same old ground i know.
I thought i would test it out see what the QQ was about. I know while playing my sorc its a pain in the ass, being you never know who is using shield breaker and putting up shields is a hit miss vs NBs.
IMO Sorc need more base health and or armor. So if you encounter two NBs with the set, you dont have to spend the next 24 seconds playing dodge roll / run like stink till it wears off. Only to rely on no shields and next to no armor to combat the barrage of hits.

But this is my gripe from when i tested tested the set out.
1: I have a nice R.A.T mouse.
2: I set up the inbuilt macro software to just spam light attacks with animation canceling.
3: If a person had there shield up, 98% of the time that person melted. As i could hit them no less than 6 times in about 3 seconds.
4: I tested this due to a few lad n Girls out in the pvp would that i know use the same macro setup with Naga's etc.
5: i think Zos needs to drop the damage of the set to 1.3k So the mere mortal pvper's have a chance to survive through such a barrage.
6: Even some of the veteran PVPers have to work there butts off to keep alive if you are caught with a shield up.

I know Zos has said "its being left as it is and there is no intention to change it".
But i really hope they re-think that statment and consider a slight change to the set or increase the base armor or health of sorc's.
/Lurk test it out yourself, on any Naga etc. If you think after using it that it does not need a change, then so be it but you guys better be working on a counter set :-)

Note: Your going to say, macro's are agianst game rules or some crap. But how are you ever going to police it?

Maybe
// Animation canceling, Joke only guys.
private void Btn2_MouseDown(object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
{
Btn2.Enabled = true;
Damage.End();

}
NB Shashu of DC
DK William x Wallace of DC
In game @Amica.
"i Thought i was poor having no shoe's, Until i saw a man with no feet"
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you macroed and want the set nerfed becuase of it? Also you want sorcs to have more base HP well.... make an imperial sorc or you know put some more attributes or armor enchants for hp.
    Edited by SleepyTroll on October 26, 2015 11:22PM
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda funny, one person admits to using weave macros and people pretend to be shocked.
  • Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭
    So you macroed and want the set nerfed becuase of it? Also you want sorcs to have more base HP well.... make an imperial sorc or you know put some more attributes or armor enchants for hp.

You dont even need to macro it to get the same result. I just did to make it 1 button press. Rather than left right left right six bloody times.
    As for your Armor inchants ... two NBs 12k damage each in under 3 seconds = 24k unavoidable damage in under 3 seconds.

NB Shashu of DC
    In game @Amica.
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda funny, one person admits to using weave macros and people pretend to be shocked.

Yeah, of course, no one uses macros in the game <eye roll>
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well let's see when shield breaker goes off on my shield I hear a loud sounds (don't know how to explain it) it's unique to shield breaker. My sorc vet 5 now not battle Lvled with 18k hp has died to maybe 2-3 shieldbreaker spammers becuase I wasn't paying attention usually the second I hear that sound the rest of the fight I don't put shields on and I heal like *** crazy and streak through them for the CC(wich gives me more time to heal) then fight back. Literally though I could probably count how many Shieldbreaker guys who just spam light atack on both of my hands. L2P bro. And if you have to macro to demonstrate how OP something is, well that just don't make no *** sence now does it.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amica wrote: »
    2: I set up the inbuilt macro software to just spam light attacks with animation canceling.
    You're a piece of guano and you should feel bad.
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who's shocked? I'm not. I just don't get how you say something is OP and want a nerf only becuase you used a macro.
    Edited by SleepyTroll on October 26, 2015 11:37PM
  • MrGigglypants
    MrGigglypants
    ✭✭✭
    This is a joke right? @Amica The point of pvp is not survival nor should you survive a 2v1 encounter. More than likely you survive though but your upset that when you do die its to shield breaker and you feel that if they tweaked it you could have god mode back? I think shield breaker is working as intended.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First off shield breaker ONLY WORKS ON PLAYERS SHIELDS. Even says so in the description so IDK what you are talking about it's needed for a DLC boss.

Second it has been said over and over again in shield users QQ threads by pro shield breaker users that shield users in general need to start investing time and effort into a proper defense instead of pooling everything into magicka and infused traits.
  • Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭
    No its not the god mode complex thing, Just the balance issue. Yes 1v2 you should have your work cut out for you but not undo-able. What im saying is, using the set i found it in a league of its own with no fair counter to the set. Hard to explain really. Im thinking of this from the average joe pvper. Half of the people i nailed while using the set just laid on the ground for 5 mins. I know just what they where doing too. Combat log open, What the fooook just nailed me? No it was not a person who has massive Aoe or magic damage etc etc. No i was light attacked to death lmao.... a little disheartening for some new player out their.
    In any mmo or game a light attack is to get you buy if out of resources or to build charge / ult etc. Not to spam and kill people with imo. Thats why your meant to work so heard for unlocking abilities for.

While they are at it fix DK ... poor buggers, they have 1 ability bat wings lol.
    Yes now that is for me sorc gripe .... hate you bat wings.
    NB Shashu of DC
    In game @Amica.
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No its not the god mode complex thing, Just the balance issue. Yes 1v2 you should have your work cut out for you but not undo-able. What im saying is, using the set i found it in a league of its own with no fair counter to the set. Hard to explain really. Im thinking of this from the average joe pvper. Half of the people i nailed while using the set just laid on the ground for 5 mins. I know just what they where doing too. Combat log open, What the fooook just nailed me? No it was not a person who has massive Aoe or magic damage etc etc. No i was light attacked to death lmao.... a little disheartening for some new player out their.
    In any mmo or game a light attack is to get you buy if out of resources or to build charge / ult etc. Not to spam and kill people with imo. Thats why your meant to work so heard for unlocking abilities for.

While they are at it fix DK ... poor buggers, they have 1 ability bat wings lol.
    No what you found was using shieldbreaker while macroing was in a league of its own. With not fair counter to the macro. Your thinking of these through a macroers eyes. Half the people you killed were hit with a macro so they layer there thinking about what a scrub you are. No they were macroed to death. Yea setting up macroes can be intimidating to new players who aren't computer savvy.
  • Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭
    First off shield breaker ONLY WORKS ON PLAYERS SHIELDS. Even says so in the description so IDK what you are talking about it's needed for a DLC boss.

Second it has been said over and over again in shield users QQ threads by pro shield breaker users that shield users in general need to start investing time and effort into a proper defense instead of pooling everything into magicka and infused traits.

Full light v16 gold armor. All reinforced traits (Rather than going the mund stones like just about everyone else using sorc), 9850 armor 13k give or take buffed on my sorc.

My NB, Mark target, spam light attacks = dead 98% wins. could be just me but it the set also made double take on other NBs a useless ability as they coped the damage just like a sorc.

Anyway its just food for thought and what i found while testing the set out. I know their are a lot of people who can manage the set users. But from what i see on most days pvping is, we have 8% good pvpers 32% have a lash pvpers with some skill and 60% really need a hand pvpers aka my bracket.

NB Shashu of DC
    In game @Amica.
  • Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭

No what you found was using shieldbreaker while macroing was in a league of its own. With not fair counter to the macro. Your thinking of these through a macroers eyes. Half the people you killed were hit with a macro so they layer there thinking about what a scrub you are. No they were macroed to death. Yea setting up macroes can be intimidating to new players who aren't computer savvy.

Oh for the love of god man lol You can do it without using macros .... get over the macro thing already... god talk about tunnel vision.
    Practice your self ... Any insta cast ability then hit block fast on your mouse. Once you get it down pat its just second nature.
    NB Shashu of DC
    In game @Amica.
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh for the love of god man lol You can do it without using macros .... get over the macro thing already... god talk about tunnel vision.
    Practice your self ... Any insta cast ability then hit block fast on your mouse. Once you get it down pat its just second nature.

So why you make the macro then, animation canceling is easy. I'm just saying your post would have held a lot more credibility without the macro part.
    Edited by SleepyTroll on October 27, 2015 12:39AM
  • kaalmoth
    kaalmoth
    ✭✭✭
    well I don't know how you guys keep playing this on pc, macro users, probably other kind of hax, added to so many other mmo options makes me wonder.
    The terrible design of this set, added to the terrible CC design, the lag, or all the other bugs, stop me from buying any future DLC, and tbh if I wasn't between 2 games on my ps4, I would already have quitted.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Because most Stamina builds are such a showcase of nicely spreading out your attribute points and enchants.

Right???
  • kaalmoth
    kaalmoth
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

Because most Stamina builds are such a showcase of nicely spreading out your attribute points and enchants.

Right???

I wonder what NBs would say if there was a set introduced that would be like : if someone tries to hide in a range of 20 meters, you automatically reveal em and your light attacks does 2000 dmgs. Thats without any CD.

We would then say: hey, its no problem! Just don't hide!
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because a small investment in health, let's say 8.000 (yay, that's a "small" investment, right?) buys you less than 2 seconds when facing light attack spam.

No, bow light attack spam isn't 1 attack per second, that's 2 per second, or 4k unresistable damage per second. You can kill a sorc with 20k health in 5 seconds just with this set, yup.

So yes, if you have a shield up, 2 bow users spamming bow on you will kill you in less than 3 seconds. You'd better be quick on that CC break + dodge roll.

--

So... when does this set gets its 5-piece bonus changed to +50-75% extra damage to shields, hmm?
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaalmoth wrote: »

Right???

I wonder what NBs would say if there was a set introduced that would be like : if someone tries to hide in a range of 20 meters, you automatically reveal em and your light attacks does 2000 dmgs. Thats without any CD.

I have heard the Sentry Set, while having Mage light active, can be a major pain for cloak user as it magnifies your detection radius by 20% and deals 20% bonus damage to stealthed targets.
    Edited by SturgeHammer on October 27, 2015 4:56PM
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭
    It's not that you cant counter the set if your a better than average pvper. Its the fact that 90% of the current pvp players are not. I had a field day in kills just being a *** to people, in the end i gave up sending people tells saying sorry. It was so sickening how fast people would die and how little effort i put in. It was worst than my vampire hunter build when everyone was vamps.... the old 18k snipes with a silver shards right behind it that just vaporized them before they even knew what had happened.

So im going to put my head on the proverbial chopping block and say im with the shield breaker set QQers and say its arguably the worst set in the game.

NB Shashu of DC
    In game @Amica.
  • Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭

Right???

I have heard the Sentry Set, while having Mage light active, can be a major pain for cloak user as it magnifies your detection radius by 20% and deals 20% bonus damage to stealthed targets.

Yes its a good set, and have a look at how many post from NBs about how OP stealth detect pots are, and mage light ruining my class etc etc.

NB Shashu of DC
    In game @Amica.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Right???

Apparently it doesn't work that way, actually read the opposite, that this set doesn't increase the range of RML, because it's for stealthed targets, not cloaked.

It would require some more testing, but even then, that's certainly less of a pain than the mentioned set:
    Edited by Asmael on October 27, 2015 5:01PM
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Right???

"Burst the Cloakbreaker down first! Burst damage isn't a problem for NBs, right?" :confounded:
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Wolfahm
    Wolfahm
    ✭✭✭
    Any Sorc with a brain stem can win vs someone spamming light attacks. the ONLY time shield breaker is effective is when you come across a sorc in a 1v10 farming scrubs or just a REALLY bad player. Basically a whole legion of sorcs were under the impression they were skilled due to being unhitable for so long.. when these same bad players see the HP bar drop the only reaction they have is to spam more shields( I have seen a sorc reapply a shield 9 times in a row well taking breaker hits 1v1).. Slot some heals.. stop being stupid... fight back rather then shield spam... stop thinking you have the right to win 1v10

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on October 28, 2015 6:08PM
    MAKE KHAJIITS CRIT AGAIN!!!

|Wolf Ahm the Unchained|
    - 4 Nightblades | 3 Stam/1 Mag -
    - 2 Templars | Stam/Healer -
    - 2 Sorc | Stam/Mag -
    - 2 Wardens | Stam/Mag -
    - 1 DK | Tank/Stam -
    || Aldmeri Dominion ||

• Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfahm wrote: »
    stop thinking you have the right to win 1v10

1 how many NBs in game jump players while fighting mobs ... namely in IC where a shield here and their is useful.
    2 The unbreakable fear that's still present in game. I know because i exploit this one all the time if odds are against me ... aka 10 try jump me while im farming etc.
    3 Yes spamming shields is rather noobish... but its rarer these days to come across the one solo NB.
    4 In a 1 v10 situation so much *** is going on at once, your trying to counter the many attacks not just 1 in the group of ten.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    [Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on October 28, 2015 6:11PM
    NB Shashu of DC
    In game @Amica.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Right???

You lost me.
  • Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭
    IC is currently full of pve players... so 1 v 10 is more than doable for most classes.
    If you have the terrain to help you, its also doable for skilled player on just about any class magic Dks are kinda an exception atm i think. Not positive on that one as i have not played my DK Willium Wallace since i was on the test live for IC and saw how crap it was going to be to play the DK way i like.

As for anti shield mechanics, yeah why not add a few more useless skills no one uses? You know like the stam version of lightening form... useless as a *** flavored lolly pop. As i think fergrush said recently. Here guys we have something just for you .... a really really really crap ability that no one asked for.

If shields are such an issue lets just do away with all of them on every class, easy fix ? with the exception of the alliance shield, add some caps to healing. Fix magic classes, we would have a perfect world. this is zos dude ..... they half ass everything they have done in the last year... im talking a simple yet fair change ... 2k damage to 1.3k give or take on the set.
    NB Shashu of DC
    In game @Amica.
  • Wolfahm
    Wolfahm
    ✭✭✭
    I have indeed found my coffee and no longer wish to argue...
    MAKE KHAJIITS CRIT AGAIN!!!

|Wolf Ahm the Unchained|
    - 4 Nightblades | 3 Stam/1 Mag -
    - 2 Templars | Stam/Healer -
    - 2 Sorc | Stam/Mag -
    - 2 Wardens | Stam/Mag -
    - 1 DK | Tank/Stam -
    || Aldmeri Dominion ||

• Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭
    I am not actually trying to argue with anyone..
    The thing i see most on the forums relating to what people call "issue" in game. Never has a clear reason why that person has the issue other than im but heart because i got owned. The fact is i was the one owning and im trying to get a topic of discussion going on something while owning on i found to be OP.

And trying to make it clear why i think it is an issue and warrants further review by the dev team. I could be wrong though ... this might not be the place for such thinks i have found :smiley:
    Edited by Amica on October 27, 2015 6:36PM
    NB Shashu of DC
    In game @Amica.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As logical fallacies goes this one falls under faulty generalizations somewhere.

The theory that you can spam down a sorcerer from full health to zero in x seconds using a macro and assuming the target does nothing but stand there isn't false. But it's unrealistic and doesn't actually happen in game unless someone is afk.

This is how you create arguments that you don't actually participate in... ie don't actually kill people with shield breaker.

Reality is, that shield breaker works as an excellent execute or harassment tool. If your entire repertoire is going to be light attacks with a bow versus any sorcerer that isn't realllllllllly bad.. you will never achieve the outcome you claim occurs.

If you are a sorcerer and stood there as someone spammed shield breaker on you from full to zero, you really deserved to die.