The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars feel alone in pvp

• cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how there can not be many templars your side. We have players here with a few characters, at least 1 templar per user as we need them for Pledges. Try finding a guild that does Pledges, and I'm sure you'll find more Templars.

I'm fairly sure this thread is not about PvE healbots.
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO
    I don't know how there can not be many templars your side. We have players here with a few characters, at least 1 templar per user as we need them for Pledges. Try finding a guild that does Pledges, and I'm sure you'll find more Templars.

Indeed
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly, this is about expanding on Templar's roles so they can fill all three just like NB and Sorc. DK also needs adjustments. Not all Templar's want to be a Magic based healer/dps. I feel like the Templar Tank and Stamina DPS needs major work. We shouldn't be the only class that has to be a Hybrid to use our class defense. We need a reason to chose a Stamina Templar Tank and Stamina Templar DPS. Biting Jabs and Binding Javelin is not enough, let our healing passives work with all heals stamina included and give us some stamina morphs in our healing tree. Hell I would even take the 2 second channel heal if it had a stamina morph, give Stamina Templar a reason to exist.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    But on campaigns with lower population or in IC, with mostly solo'ers and some pug group made from zone, you wont find many templars. Mainly because individual strength, escaping and mobility is needed to get fun PvP in that environment. Templars lack it. When it's "every man for himself" type PvP, you will mostly encounters NB's and occasional magicka sorc + stamina DK.

Clearly you haven't seen Rheinne Kingsley (one of @JohnnySmith_03 characters) in action. She's crazy aggressive and scary competant. I group with her every chance I get.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    eliisra wrote: »
    But on campaigns with lower population or in IC, with mostly solo'ers and some pug group made from zone, you wont find many templars. Mainly because individual strength, escaping and mobility is needed to get fun PvP in that environment. Templars lack it. When it's "every man for himself" type PvP, you will mostly encounters NB's and occasional magicka sorc + stamina DK.

Clearly you haven't seen Rheinne Kingsley (one of @JohnnySmith_03 characters) in action. She's crazy aggressive and scary competant. I group with her every chance I get.

Yeah we all know one or two "legendary" templar, but this is not the point. An average player with a nb, sorcerer or even dk will have a way better K/D ratio than an average templar, no matter what the spec, mag or stam.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point above is true, but anyone will agree, a well played magiplar is near enough immortal, they won't run out of resources, you'll never get their health down before it's healed inmediately, all while they can do heavy dps on you that keeps their health bar full.

A well played stamplar will put you on your ass, and then jabs will tear you a new one before you know what's happened.

Jabs is my favourite against WB spammers, as not only does it hit harder, but because they can't figure out why their health is dropping quicker than mine they are usually easy targets.

Templar's are not easy to master, you can't just spam hardened ward and frags for instance, but by God a good templar is feared on the battlefield, and more than essential in end game pve.

Honestly I've just rolled my 3rd templar, and 6 out of every 10 players I see in the new areas is a templar too.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I fought what was I think a templar in BwB last night with my mana DK:D My partner kept getting lured to his trap over and over again. I had to go help, and the templar ended up killing my partner and fighting me. he transformed into a WW and jumped me, but unfortunately accidentally exited the game during battle:(
    Edited by Cody on October 31, 2015 9:32PM
  • rastadreadlion
    AfkNinja wrote: »

Exactly, this is about expanding on Templar's roles so they can fill all three just like NB and Sorc. DK also needs adjustments. Not all Templar's want to be a Magic based healer/dps. I feel like the Templar Tank and Stamina DPS needs major work. We shouldn't be the only class that has to be a Hybrid to use our class defense. We need a reason to chose a Stamina Templar Tank and Stamina Templar DPS. Biting Jabs and Binding Javelin is not enough, let our healing passives work with all heals stamina included and give us some stamina morphs in our healing tree. Hell I would even take the 2 second channel heal if it had a stamina morph, give Stamina Templar a reason to exist.

Stamina Templar DPS

Templar Tank
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Stamina Templar DPS

Templar Tank

No offense but you're posting a build that predates March (and it is November). A lot has happened since then.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamina Templar DPS

Templar Tank

Posting a build does not in any way invalidate what I said. Stamina Templar loses it's primary class role and flavor just for being stamina. No other class is penalized in this manner and other Stamina classes should not be better at healing than a Templar.
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO

Stamina Templar DPS

Templar Tank

No offense but you're posting a build that predates March (and it is November). A lot has happened since then.

Indeed. Pre 1.6 templar were a lot better, in those vids the mecanics behind those build simply don't exist anymore.