The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars feel alone in pvp

xboxone1Q
xboxone1Q
✭✭✭
No one uses them anymore my main is vet13 Templar and when I look around there is hardly any healers in pvp now. I get it we suck at 1v1 I know my guy normally just does mist form and leaves the area In the heat of battle until back up shows up.
  • Levo18
    Levo18
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblades Unlimited
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one needs a healer when you can heal your self.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templars are the backbone of any group, big or small.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can play with us Dragon Knights were lonely and few too.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My "Kill 20 Templar" quest finished up really quick yesterday, so they are out there. Unless it was the same guy getting rezzed a lot.
  • GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    My ideal six man squad would be myself (Nightblade Tank), a well armoured Dragonknight DPS (so we can defend our group together), my Stamblade buddy and a Stamsorc or Stamplar (for close up damage out the wazoo), and a Templar Healer and either a DK or Sorc Healer (they can handle ranged combat with the stamina guys if needed and heal and protect us if not)

@xboxone1Q If you're on Xbox NA Ebonheart, I'd love to get you in our group. I could use a handy Templar.
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends. On active campaigns with organized groups and raids running around, there's always a big amount of templars. It's to mandatory and OP to stack templar heal + support in groups. Your average large raid will have at least 4-5 templars, for example.

Go to a campaign that's high or poplocked all factions and you wont have any issues getting groups or action as a templar healer(or finish your templar 20 kill quest).

But on campaigns with lower population or in IC, with mostly solo'ers and some pug group made from zone, you wont find many templars. Mainly because individual strength, escaping and mobility is needed to get fun PvP in that environment. Templars lack it. When it's "every man for himself" type PvP, you will mostly encounters NB's and occasional magicka sorc + stamina DK.
  • gilbegger
    gilbegger
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    My "Kill 20 Templar" quest finished up really quick yesterday, so they are out there. Unless it was the same guy getting rezzed a lot.

You didnt come to the forums to kill me again did you?
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I run with my guild, our group usually consists of 8 Templars out of 12-16 players...
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • EliteGunner_PSN
    eliisra wrote: »
    But on campaigns with lower population or in IC, with mostly solo'ers and some pug group made from zone, you wont find many templars. Mainly because individual strength, escaping and mobility is needed to get fun PvP in that environment. Templars lack it. When it's "every man for himself" type PvP, you will mostly encounters NB's and occasional magicka sorc + stamina DK.

Counter to this, though I know a lot of templars hate doing it: Invest in invisibility potions and start doing it yourself. Nobody really expects the suddenly-disappearing non-vampire templar. And while there are (very obviously) ways to pull you out of invisibility, if they aren't expecting it you can probably get away fast enough for it to not matter. Just don't stick around.

Yeah, you'll die, but I always have a blast going "black-ops" as a templar, probably because of the added challenge.

Skooma Smugglers/Soulless Knights/Speed Dealers

V14 Templar Healer AD, PvP and PvE (who goes full healer in PvP anyway?)
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xboxone1Q wrote: »
    No one uses them anymore my main is vet13 Templar and when I look around there is hardly any healers in pvp now. I get it we suck at 1v1 I know my guy normally just does mist form and leaves the area In the heat of battle until back up shows up.

In EU server, I have seen many rerolling stamplars and magiplars. Because of their speed(toppling charge, quick cloak(DW)), Dps(bitting jabs/ sweep),heal(breath of life) and resources.(repentance).
    Edited by Van_0S on October 27, 2015 6:22AM
  • xboxone1Q
    xboxone1Q
    ✭✭✭
    When there are a lot of Templars out there give it time, there will be like 10 around the keep then they get hamed on by all the popular classes. Next thing you know the healers went back to pve I see it all the time they die the most, then 5 min later they don't ever leave the keep. When I see a NB or a shield stacker I just sit my chair down next to the front door and just wait for backup.
  • Xelophobe
    Xelophobe
    ✭✭

In EU server, I have seen many rerolling stamplars and magiplars. Because of their speed(toppling charge, quick cloak(DW)), Dps(bitting jabs/ sweep),heal(breath of life) and resources.(repentance).

IMO this is why Templars are one of the strongest classes. There is no lack of them on NA PC.
    AD characters
    Xelophobe the Wise- V16 Sorc
    Xelophobe the Mighty- V5 DK
    Xelophobe the Kitty- V1 NB
    DC character
    Xelophobe the Smurf- V3 Templar
  • Angarato
    Angarato
    ✭✭✭
    good templars are scary as ***
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Quick cloak is not a Templar specific skill.
    2. Toppling Charge requires a target.
    3. Templar's are not "Fast" in any way, in fact our Purifying Ritual and Channeled Focus REQUIRE us to not move....
    4. Bitting Jabs/Puncturing Sweep while being amazing DPS skills in PVE are easy to avoid in PVP by a competent player. Roll toward Templar = avoid all dmg.
    5. "Resources" Repentance requires bodies to work, it will not save you in PVP. Our only way to regain resources is for mana and is on Channeled focus, lasts 8 seconds. Our defensive armor buff lasts 8 seconds.....Sorc's armor buff lasts 20. Let that sink in.

Other than Breath of life, which is useless to Stamplar's, not much of our Kit is all that great. To top it all off we still have broken passives, buggy skills, useless morphs of skills, no passive resource regen and our PRIMARY defense "heals" were just nerfed by 50%. In return for these "fixes" Templar's got nothing. Patch after patch of Templar nerfs, Radiant Destruction can now be dodged and is a DPS LOSS till 15% enemy hp. What is this crap?

Templar has been held back since day 1 for one reason, we have "heals", this is a lame duck excuse as Stamina Templar loses almost everything that defines a Templar because Breath of Life/Honor the Dead require a large MP investment to be of any use.

Overall both Dragon Knight and Templar are in need of serious review.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »

3. Templar's are not "Fast" in any way, in fact our Purifying Ritual and Channeled Focus REQUIRE us to not move....
    4. Bitting Jabs/Puncturing Sweep while being amazing DPS skills in PVE are easy to avoid in PVP by a competent player. Roll toward Templar = avoid all dmg.
    5. "Resources" Repentance requires bodies to work, it will not save you in PVP. Our only way to regain resources is for mana and is on Channeled focus, lasts 8 seconds. Our defensive armor buff lasts 8 seconds.....Sorc's armor buff lasts 20. Let that sink in.

Other than Breath of life, which is useless to Stamplar's, not much of our Kit is all that great. To top it all off we still have broken passives, buggy skills, useless morphs of skills, no passive resource regen and our PRIMARY defense "heals" were just nerfed by 50%. In return for these "fixes" Templar's got nothing. Patch after patch of Templar nerfs, Radiant Destruction can now be dodged and is a DPS LOSS till 15% enemy hp. What is this crap?

Templar has been held back since day 1 for one reason, we have "heals", this is a lame duck excuse as Stamina Templar loses almost everything that defines a Templar because Breath of Life/Honor the Dead require a large MP investment to be of any use.

this is the comment that the devs need to stop hiding from and acknowledge it and fix the problem they themselves created. spot on.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars are the best grinders, though...by far. It's really depressing slogging through the sewers with puny, wimpy Impulse spam, and then a Stamplar blows right past you: spamming Jabs, finishing with Tornado, recharging with Repentance and then gap-closing on to the next group of mobs.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In order to get a regeneration buff (10% mag/stam/health), Templars have to slot Repentance. Conversely other classes get more from passives, which is ironic since templars use to get a strong passive regen in beta, and are now the weakest. What this has done is make Repentance a necessity skill for the class. Templar also get a 4% reduction to ultimate, stam, and mag costs. DK's get Battle Roar, Mountains Blessing and Helping Hands, which is quite powerful though it did get nerfed. Nightblades get +15% to all regeneration as well as a boost to max magicka/health depending how many abilities they slot from the class, and +armor/sr every time they activate a shadow skill, they also get an ability that gives minor stam regen(10%). Sorcs get health/stamina recovery +20% and +10% magicka recovery from passives. ( as well as 15% reduction on ultimates, 5% reduction on mag/stam).

This is what I talk about when I talk about class synergy. The reason templars do decently well in some pve content is because the mobs are super easy to destroy. When the mobs get more difficult, Repentance can be pretty worthless by comparison. Balanced Warrior, the passive that gives Templars a boost in weapon damage is flawed on a couple levels. Firstly, sorcerers can exceed Templar numbers on this and a boost to magic damage. There was a time when it was magic only. With the change in the metagame and the modification of Templar passives (like restoring light) Templar abilities don't synergize as well as a Stamina Sorc or Nightblade, not that Templar abilities were very good at synergizing to begin with. Templar is designed with the notion of a jack of all trades build in mind, or a full healer in mind. Jack of all trades doesn't work any more (it could if tanking weren't gutted). The only thing Templar does truly well is play as the healing role. Some people confuse this role with tanking in pvp, which is a mistake. For almost everything else the Templar does, I find its a lot more comfortable and more easily done as a Sorc or Nightblade. I could go into the topic further because there is a lot more to be said and has been said, but I don't have the time for it right now.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • xboxone1Q
    xboxone1Q
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly they tell me to tank and I just laugh and say no I can't even tank against a wolf or a troll :)
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In order to get a regeneration buff (10% mag/stam/health), Templars have to slot Repentance. Conversely other classes get more from passives, which is ironic since templars use to get a strong passive regen in beta, and are now the weakest. What this has done is make Repentance a necessity skill for the class. Templar also get a 4% reduction to ultimate, stam, and mag costs. DK's get Battle Roar, Mountains Blessing and Helping Hands, which is quite powerful though it did get nerfed. Nightblades get +15% to all regeneration as well as a boost to max magicka/health depending how many abilities they slot from the class, and +armor/sr every time they activate a shadow skill, they also get an ability that gives minor stam regen(10%). Sorcs get health/stamina recovery +20% and +10% magicka recovery from passives. ( as well as 15% reduction on ultimates, 5% reduction on mag/stam).

This is what I talk about when I talk about class synergy. The reason templars do decently well in some pve content is because the mobs are super easy to destroy. When the mobs get more difficult, Repentance can be pretty worthless by comparison. Balanced Warrior, the passive that gives Templars a boost in weapon damage is flawed on a couple levels. Firstly, sorcerers can exceed Templar numbers on this and a boost to magic damage. There was a time when it was magic only. With the change in the metagame and the modification of Templar passives (like restoring light) Templar abilities don't synergize as well as a Stamina Sorc or Nightblade, not that Templar abilities were very good at synergizing to begin with. Templar is designed with the notion of a jack of all trades build in mind, or a full healer in mind. Jack of all trades doesn't work any more (it could if tanking weren't gutted). The only thing Templar does truly well is play as the healing role. Some people confuse this role with tanking in pvp, which is a mistake. For almost everything else the Templar does, I find its a lot more comfortable and more easily done as a Sorc or Nightblade. I could go into the topic further because there is a lot more to be said and has been said, but I don't have the time for it right now.

Exactly. These treads are frustrating because people assume we're just asking for buffs for buffs sake, then they link a video where a Templar manages to kill a few pvp newbs and says "SEE TEMPLAR R FINE U JUST L2P". We've been pointing out our flaws for so long and they just get ignored patch after patch.

HEALING IS NOT ENOUGH, our class needs a role outside of healing. Not everyone rolls a Templar to HEAL. I picked Templar to get bad ass spear skills cause there is no spear weapon skill line. Choosing to be a Stamina Templar should not GUT my class and make a whole class skill tree worthless. Re-balance the skills, update the passives, give Stamplar a ROLE outside healing or let our passives work on Stamina Heals too. Re-balance the class to be as synergistic as Nightblade and when you're done do the same for Dragon Knight.

P.S. I think removing damage from your resources and making skills only scale on weapon/spell damage could fix large portions of the game and bring back hybrid builds.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quoting another thread. templars in pvp. Grind masters.

jabs jabs jabs jabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabs
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on October 27, 2015 8:40PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • rastadreadlion
    I'm a stamina Templar and I don't suck at 1v1. I don't have to use Jabs either. If I use nothing but Jabs, I will fail.
    Edited by rastadreadlion on October 28, 2015 9:50PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't get it, I'm a frickin' zerg magnet. I have all the friends.
    PC EU
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    quoting another thread. templars in pvp. Grind masters.

jabs jabs jabs jabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs jabsjabs jabs

This is not effective against anyone with a pulse.
  • rastadreadlion
    5. Bitting Jabs/Puncturing Sweep while being amazing DPS skills in PVE are easy to avoid in PVP by a competent player. Roll toward Templar = avoid all dmg.

7. "Resources" Repentance requires bodies to work, it will not save you in PVP. Our only way to regain resources is for mana and is on Channeled focus, lasts 8 seconds. Our defensive armor buff lasts 8 seconds.....Sorc's armor buff lasts 20. Let that sink in.

I would argue that 5 is only true if you fail to snare your opponent. It also helps to have a speed bonus yourself, for example from Quick Cloak. If he snares you, use Purifying Ritual (which is cheaper to recast than his snare probably). I consider it a good thing if the enemy wastes his resources dodging my jabs as well. If he insists on keeping his distance from me, I begin using Daggers from DW and/or hard CC, such as Binding Javelin.

My life has been saved many times by Repentence (point 7) because there are so many situations in which the bodies are around. If they aren't, you should create them yourself or run Engine Guardian and use the corpse of the robot. If you prefer a constant but lesser boost to your recovery without the con of needing a body, you can use Radiant Aura instead. You can achieve 3-4k stamina recovery with it.

Channeled focus can be recast cheaply if needed.

Why should Templars and Sorcerers have the same duration of Major defense buffs? If all classes have Major defense buffs all of the time, then none of us do.
  • rastadreadlion

1) I am confused. Why does it matter that Quick Cloak is not Templar specific? We have access to Major Expedition...

2) Toppling charge and the other stamina gap closers actually confer more mobility than other skills in the very specific scenarios that allow you to charge from one person to a second and third and so on ('Zerg Surfing'). This can save your life in IC and medium to large scale conflicts in Cyro. If you combine that with Major Expi, which we have access to, you have a decent chance to escape zergs.

3) Purifying Ritual and Channelled Focus do not 'require' us to do anything, what they do is incentivize and reward correct choice of where and when to make a stand. Sometimes, the choice is incorrect and we have to recast these auras elsewhere at the penalty of a small amount of magicka and time. This is a longstanding feature of Templars and DKs versus Sorcerers and NBs - Fight versus Flight strategies.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1) I am confused. Why does it matter that Quick Cloak is not Templar specific? We have access to Major Expedition...

2) Toppling charge and the other stamina gap closers actually confer more mobility than other skills in the very specific scenarios that allow you to charge from one person to a second and third and so on ('Zerg Surfing'). This can save your life in IC and medium to large scale conflicts in Cyro. If you combine that with Major Expi, which we have access to, you have a decent chance to escape zergs.

3) Purifying Ritual and Channelled Focus do not 'require' us to do anything, what they do is incentivize and reward correct choice of where and when to make a stand. Sometimes, the choice is incorrect and we have to recast these auras elsewhere at the penalty of a small amount of magicka and time. This is a longstanding feature of Templars and DKs versus Sorcerers and NBs - Fight versus Flight strategies.

1. Because you were making claims that are Templar specific. Saying Templar's are "Fast". When you compare the Templar specific kit with Sorc or NB how can you claim we are "fast". Because we have one gap closing skill which happens to get us stuck in a buggy animation frequently? To get major expedition I would have to use quick cloak, requiring me to use dual wield. The devs are forcing Templar and DK into using DW just to get some mobility. Elusive mist works too but it's the same thing. You're forcing us to chose a specific skill line to get something you gave to other classes naturally in a better form.

2. No skill that requires a target will ever be as useful as one that doesn't. CAN I dash to multiple targets? Yes, however the likelyhood of getting stuck in the animation goes up with each cast. Once stuck you auto lose. I'm not even saying I WANT major expedition for Templar as it doesn't mesh with the class identity imo. I just want Templar to get some Dev attention.

3. I just don't understand the design choice here. They gave Sorcs a 20 second armor with a 6 second Mobility buff meaning??? They are going to recast it a lot...Meanwhile they gave Templar, the "defensive" class, a 8 second armor? It feels like they got it backward. They should change Rune Focus to a 20 second buff and increase the cost. Reward us for sticking with the rune with a long duration buff, if we leave the rune we have to recast with a higher cost. They should change Sorc's armor buff to 8 seconds but I bet no Sorc would agree to that. Hell NB's only have to use ANY skill in that skill tree to trigger their armor...Dragon Knights also have a 20 second armor. Honestly it feels like Templar is the odd man out here.

My primary point though is Templar is supposed to be a defensive healing focused class and for magicka it is, but it doesn't feel like it as a Stamina Templar. What benefit is there to a Stamina Templar vs DK? vs NB? vs Sorc? Is biting jabs really all we should get?

*Edited for grammar and spelling.*
    Edited by AfkNinja on October 28, 2015 10:42PM
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO

Exactly. These treads are frustrating because people assume we're just asking for buffs for buffs sake, then they link a video where a Templar manages to kill a few pvp newbs and says "SEE TEMPLAR R FINE U JUST L2P". We've been pointing out our flaws for so long and they just get ignored patch after patch.

HEALING IS NOT ENOUGH, our class needs a role outside of healing. Not everyone rolls a Templar to HEAL. I picked Templar to get bad ass spear skills cause there is no spear weapon skill line. Choosing to be a Stamina Templar should not GUT my class and make a whole class skill tree worthless. Re-balance the skills, update the passives, give Stamplar a ROLE outside healing or let our passives work on Stamina Heals too. Re-balance the class to be as synergistic as Nightblade and when you're done do the same for Dragon Knight.

P.S. I think removing damage from your resources and making skills only scale on weapon/spell damage could fix large portions of the game and bring back hybrid builds.

this
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO

1. Because you were making claims that are Templar specific. Saying Templar's are "Fast". When you compare the Templar specific kit with Sorc or NB how can you claim we are "fast". Because we have one gap closing skill which happens to get us stuck in a buggy animation frequently? To get major expedition I would have to use quick cloak, requiring me to use dual wield. The devs are forcing Templar and DK into using DW just to get some mobility. Elusive mist works too but it's the same thing. You're forcing us to chose a specific skill line to get something you gave to other classes naturally in a better form.

2. No skill that requires a target will ever be as useful as one that doesn't. CAN I dash to multiple targets? Yes, however the likelyhood of getting stuck in the animation goes up with each cast. Once stuck you auto lose. I'm not even saying I WANT major expedition for Templar as it doesn't mesh with the class identity imo. I just want Templar to get some Dev attention.

3. I just don't understand the design choice here. They gave Sorcs a 20 second armor with a 6 second Mobility buff meaning??? They are going to recast it a lot...Meanwhile they gave Templar, the "defensive" class, a 8 second armor? It feels like they got it backward. They should change Rune Focus to a 20 second buff and increase the cost. Reward us for sticking with the rune with a long duration buff, if we leave the rune we have to recast with a higher cost. They should change Sorc's armor buff to 8 seconds but I bet no Sorc would agree to that. Hell NB's only have to use ANY skill in that skill tree to trigger their armor...Dragon Knights also have a 20 second armor. Honestly it feels like Templar is the odd man out here.

My primary point though is Templar is supposed to be a defensive healing focused class and for magicka it is, but it doesn't feel like it as a Stamina Templar. What benefit is there to a Stamina Templar vs DK? vs NB? vs Sorc? Is biting jabs really all we should get?

*Edited for grammar and spelling.*

AAAND this ! Seriously ZOS, how can you ignore those threads, when ppl take a lot of time to test and give you the feedbacks from thousand of experienced templars, why don't you do anything about it ? Patch after patch, my templar is nerfed/ninja nerfed while my NB is stonger and stronger every patch, and my sorcerer is just as strong as it was since beta... i really don't get it
    Edited by contact.opiumb16_ESO on October 29, 2015 11:07AM
  • TheBritishBunny
    I don't know how there can not be many templars your side. We have players here with a few characters, at least 1 templar per user as we need them for Pledges. Try finding a guild that does Pledges, and I'm sure you'll find more Templars.
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dovahkiin Empire
    Breton/Sorceress
    DPS/Asskicker

How would you like me to cut off that ugly fat of yours? By chopping your head off! - Wayrest Headsman.