The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upgraded to Windows 10 & now the game won't launch

Rexurak
Rexurak
✭✭
Hi everyone,

Okay so I recently installed Windows 10 & since then my game won't launch. First of all I was getting the error message 'the procedure entry point createDxGIFactory1 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll'. Then I deleted my sweetfx files & it's now not loading at all. I click launch & the screen goes black, it looks like it's about to load & then back to the desktop.

Does anyone have any fixes for this? I have looked around the net but I've found very little.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yah sweetfx can screw with your install if you don't delete all the correct files in the game directory.

Make sure you deleted:

•dxgi.dll/d3d9.dll/opengl32.dll/d3d11.dll (or whatever you renamed it to)
    •injector.ini
    •SweetFX.fx
    •the .log file
  • Rexurak
    Rexurak
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply danno8.

Is their a way to get Sweetfx working on Windows 10 with ESO? is their an alternative work around?

I've managed to get into the game again but I'd really like it with Sweetfx.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Athewynn
    Sorry for the late reply.

I use the Reshade program as it uses the same shaders as sweetfx, and some other ones as well. The Mediator program comes packaged with reshade and makes it simple to tinker with the settings.

If you chose to use this program, note that you should NOT use the "Permanently push to application" button that the program has. This will place all the files directly into the ESO folder and may cause the same problems you were initially having where ESO will not start. Just pick the program, make a preset and it will link the correct shaders to the ESO directory without actually placing anything in there.
  • Rexurak
    Rexurak
    ✭✭
    No worries,

I've just been playing around with Mediator & it's a neat little program. Simple & clean to use.

Thanks for the help :)