Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Massive FPS drop when in any 'heavy situation' (IE pvp)

AtmaDarkwolf
AtmaDarkwolf
✭✭✭
Game runs @ 80-100 fps when in towns, dungeons, etc, but as soon as a huge fight happens (a major boss fight with plenty of effects, and even moreso when ANY pvp happens even if small scale fights) fps will drop to 20 (And even worse, down to 1 or less when fighting EP groups)

System should Not be suffering this:

i7 4790k, dual gtx 980 ti's in SLI, 32 gigs of ram,

I've attempted adjusting settings down (even to point game looks like vomit on a floor) and the issue hits in ANY 'big' scale fight. Even when only 2-3 vs 2-3 pvp battles.

My network does not show any extra use from the game, and my ADSL is defiantly not being all used (I typically only use 20% of my total, bandwidth tests with ma as the target show 26.7Mbit D/L, 3.8Mbit U/L, local being 30.1/3.9)

Has anyone else experienced there, esp when the hardware, internet, etc all scream that one should NOT be seeing this 'performance drop'
  • LaughingJack
    LaughingJack
    ✭✭
    i get this all the time . . . i have had this happen nearly all the time. FPS is fine until the wossname hits the spinny thing. i do not believe its hardware issue, however, i backed off my graphics from high to medium textures and lost some of the frameyness (shimmering), but when things get hectic it really seems to bring the game to its knees sometimes - i think it comes down to numbers of players in the vicinity and how much stuff they are chucking around, ESO just does not handle it well.
    Seeker of Shiny Objects
    Vapour Vehiculo De Dolor
    I7-920(2.6GHz), Win7-64, 8GB, HD4870-512, 40-90fps.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Game/Server cannot handle load, and has not for a long long long time.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Intervein
    Intervein
    When ESO was first released it was extremely CPU bound. If you actually take a look at your performance monitor during play you will likely notice that Core 0 is maxing out while the other cores are sitting around 15 to 20 percent--at the most. So taking some things off of the CPU helped me quite a lot. Turn down/off shadows. Reduce view distance and also reducing the particle suppression and particle systems will likely assist.
    Usually found in Tech Support somewhere.
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    No response from devs. No reply to tickets(Either of them)

No communication at all.

Problem still exists. If anything, worse than before(when posted)

Hello? ESO? Is this a business? Do you care about your customers?
  • ZOS_Alex
    ZOS_Alex
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

An ongoing discussion about this topic already exists. For the sake of keeping feedback consolidated, we are closing this thread and ask that you please continue the discussion here.

Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.