The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Suggestion] Incentive to increase ESO+ memberships

Casdha
Casdha
✭✭✭✭✭
Considering the recent patch notes for the latest PTS update. I thought of this idea that might make ZOS increase their ESO+ memberships.

If ZOS continues to create BoP items for this game (especially crafting materials) and only offer them to certain styles of play then I offer this suggestion as it is apparent this game will eventually go F2P - P2W.

Let ESO+ members have the option to sell BoP items by having them be BoE items for plus members. After all, you already have a steady stream of income from these folks. I think it would be a good incentive for folks to be ESO+ members as well as still offer a way for other players to obtain the items that would otherwise be BoP for them and is only available through certain styles of play that they may or may not wish to do. Once the item is bought by a non ESO+ member then it converts back to BoP.

If this is the way you insist on taking the direction of this games development, then I offer this as a suggestion to compensate and maybe appease some players.
Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• CavalierPrime
    CavalierPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool I would love to buy a Molag Kena helmet from a sucker, oops I meant a subscriber.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool I would love to buy a Molag Kena helmet from a sucker, oops I meant a subscriber.

Believe it or not, I actually hit agree on your post. I dropped my sub today. I suspect more will be coming soon.

Edit: no more blindly sending money on hope that things will get better.
    Edited by Casdha on October 20, 2015 6:10PM

• GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really mind this idea. The ESO+ guys get an additional source of income and I get the ability to buy items that would be rather difficult to obtain otherwise.
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The helm is hard to get?
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • phbell
    phbell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting idea. It might make subscription worth while. Nice abstract thinking. Cheers.
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something that has and always will bring in subscribers is the ability to get unique items that aren't available to non subscribers. Things like polymorphs, pets, mounts, etc. these items won't give you an advantage but are cool to have for some players
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst suggestion ever, pure P2W.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xjcon wrote: »

The helm is hard to get?

Not at all. You find it on every street corner of Tamriel.

• CavalierPrime
    CavalierPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xjcon wrote: »
    The helm is hard to get?

This is bait.

Do subscribers really deserve more perks? I'm not subscribed to ESO+, but I am buying these DLC's with crowns. ZOS is still going to get around $100 a year from me for DLCs, why should you get to sell Monster pieces because you pay ZOS $180 a year?
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that eventually ESO + will be the most viable option because of the sheer number of DLCs and their prices alone.

At this point it would cost me 5500 Crowns for the IC and Orsinium DLCs. Thats 4 months of subbing. Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild will be out in short order. And they may or may not be cheaper than IC and Orsinium. But theyre already asking for half a box price for Orsinium.

Eventually theyll have so much DLC out that the most cost efficient way of getting them, even if you want to outright buy them. Will be to sub up until you have enough Crowns saved up.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that eventually ESO + will be the most viable option because of the sheer number of DLCs and their prices alone.

At this point it would cost me 5500 Crowns for the IC and Orsinium DLCs. Thats 4 months of subbing. Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild will be out in short order. And they may or may not be cheaper than IC and Orsinium. But theyre already asking for half a box price for Orsinium.

Eventually theyll have so much DLC out that the most cost efficient way of getting them, even if you want to outright buy them. Will be to sub up until you have enough Crowns saved up.

MMOs don't work like that, because it eventually becomes too high an entry barrier for new players. Thus they almost always make earlier DLCs bundled/free after a certain amount of time.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. BIS items should not be bind on equip - ever. They could make them at best bound to account and available to any alt on that account but beyond that, it'd be just plain ole P2W and that is a Pandora's box you don't want to open.
    Edited by Soulshine on October 20, 2015 10:30PM
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting... I wouldn't mind it, but it still doesn't really give me the incentive, to be honest. I don't have a lot of gold, so if I wanted to buy a Monster Helm/shoulders, I'd probably need way more gold than I've ever had.

What I think would give more incentive to sub, would be a slight increase in Alliance War rank progress, yes - I said it... Even if it's by only 2%.

Also, subscribers should get mail each month too, or as soon as they subscribe and the mail package would contain 5 Tri-stat drinks, potions, food and about 5k-10k gold. Sounds good, right?
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Anorak
    Anorak
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I don't support this as it gives a big benefit over those who are subbed and those who are not. It is just dumb and generally unnecessary. I dropped the sub because of the game never feeling like there wasn't something stupid the devs were going to do and because the devs have made too many bad decisions recently. The game a year after launch is now worse than it was at launch imo.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As to this being a F2P/P2W idea, you are correct, but I don't like the F2P/P2W concept. This is a suggestion for them to keep the game going once it does.

If you didn't catch the patch notes on the PTS then let me enlighten you.
    OVERVIEW
    Thanks again for all your continued feedback!

NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES
    New Motifs
    The mysteries of the Mercenary Motif have been unearthed by the Undaunted!
    • The Mercenary Motif is a brand new crafting style, available only through Undaunted activities.
      • To earn the Chapters of the Mercenary style, you must complete Undaunted Pledges and open their reward chests.
      • Bronze, Silver, and Gold chests all have a good chance to grant a Chapter of the Mercenary style, with Silver having a better chance than Bronze, and Gold having a better chance than Silver.
      • All three chests have a small chance to drop the full Book of the style, as well.
      • The Style Item for Mercenary, Laurel, is found by killing the final boss of Normal and Veteran dungeons, with Veteran dungeons' final bosses having a better chance than Normal final bosses.
        • This chance is also modified by your knowledge of the Mercenary style: If you know zero Chapters of the style, you will never receive a Laurel from any source. If you know all 14 Chapters, you will always receive a Laurel from Veteran dungeon final bosses, every time you kill one.
        • Laurels are Bind on Pickup - they cannot be sold, traded, or mailed.

I dropped my sub today because of the direction this game is going (F2P). But I respect the folks who have a job at ZOS enough to leave them a parting idea on how to get money to keep this game going if they are going to choose this route and still keep the common person around long enough to maybe buy content that they may like in the future.

Just because the Bureaucrats at ZOS want to force this into a F2P game doesn't mean I hold it against the folks who work for them. For me it is easy to see the difference between the talented folks who make this game from the ones steering the direction of development. Also Kudos to the ones who are told to keep us happy even though they are forced to blindfold us in the process.
    Edited by Casdha on October 21, 2015 5:50AM

• Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    As to this being a F2P/P2W idea, you are correct, but I don't like the F2P/P2W concept. This is a suggestion for them to keep the game going once it does.

OVERVIEW

New Motifs
    • The Mercenary Motif is a brand new crafting style, available only through Undaunted activities.
      • To earn the Chapters of the Mercenary style, you must complete Undaunted Pledges and open their reward chests.
      • Bronze, Silver, and Gold chests all have a good chance to grant a Chapter of the Mercenary style, with Silver having a better chance than Bronze, and Gold having a better chance than Silver.
      • All three chests have a small chance to drop the full Book of the style, as well.
      • The Style Item for Mercenary, Laurel, is found by killing the final boss of Normal and Veteran dungeons, with Veteran dungeons' final bosses having a better chance than Normal final bosses.
        • This chance is also modified by your knowledge of the Mercenary style: If you know zero Chapters of the style, you will never receive a Laurel from any source. If you know all 14 Chapters, you will always receive a Laurel from Veteran dungeon final bosses, every time you kill one.

I dropped my sub today because of the direction this game is going (F2P). But I respect the folks who have a job at ZOS enough to leave them a parting idea on how to get money to keep this game going if they are going to choose this route and still keep the common person around long enough to maybe buy content that they may like in the future.

Just because the Bureaucrats at ZOS want to force this into a F2P game doesn't mean I hold it against the folks who work for them. For me it is easy to see the difference between the talented folks who make this game from the ones steering the direction of development. Also Kudos to the ones who are told to keep us happy even though they are forced to blindfold us in the process.

I don't think that's entirely fair. There have certainly been some poor design choices by the devs, which affected player retention and subsequently led to B2P. I agree though that from there it does seem to be rolling downhill toward F2P.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Genomic wrote: »
    Casdha wrote: »

OVERVIEW

New Motifs

I don't think that's entirely fair. There have certainly been some poor design choices by the devs, which affected player retention and subsequently led to B2P. I agree though that from there it does seem to be rolling downhill toward F2P.

It doesn't have to be fair, I have no delusions about my ability to make or break this game. I am simply leaving feedback and suggestions. ZOS can do with them what they wish.

• JBsnow404
    JBsnow404
    loyalty reward with every update, be it a pet, mount or costume that you can only get if you have been an ESO+ member at least since the launch of the previous patch.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JBsnow404 wrote: »
    loyalty reward with every update, be it a pet, mount or costume that you can only get if you have been an ESO+ member at least since the launch of the previous patch.

They actually had this until Unlimited hit. The Stripped Senche (Bengal Tiger) was the last one if memory serves.

• hmr13.76preeb18_ESO
    Absolutely against. So who will benefit more from this idea ? Guild who farm White tower and Prison ! Let put everything back in the bag. LoL
    Edited by hmr13.76preeb18_ESO on October 21, 2015 4:37PM
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely against. So who will benefit more from this idea ? Guild who farm White tower and Prison ! Let put everything back in the bag. LoL
    Honestly wouldn't know, I've never set foot in the white tower or prison.

Question where is the incentive if no one is to benefit?

Personally I'd rather see ideas like this vs :

Mats or Motifs only available in the crown store (it's coming if things don't change)
    or
    Legendary gear with stats better than anything in game (it's also coming if things don't change)

Yes I know they won't be exclusive to the crown store, there will be someway of obtaining them, but it won't be worth the effort or cash it will take to get them.

This may not be the best idea but at least I try. ZOS needs income and they are gonna get it one way or another. I'd like to see folks offer ideas to steer them away from the seemingly inevitable path they have started down.
    Edited by Casdha on October 21, 2015 5:50PM