Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Astronomical prices for the Akaviri motif

code65536
code65536
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
500K AP for chest, head, swords, staves, shields
250K AP for most of the others
100K AP for belt, dagger and one or two others
50K AP for the style material (5K per scrap, 10 scraps needed)

We're looking at millions of AP needed to craft this style. If I took my all the AP that I've earned since I started playing this spring (and assuming that I hadn't already spent most of that AP, which is a poor assumption; those wall repairs are expensive), I could buy only 3 of the large chapters, and of all my friends, I'm the one who PvPs the most.

On NA/PC, before the IC update, people were paying around 100K gold for a VR14 Cyrodiil's Light ring, and those cost only 248K AP. Using that price extrapolation, we'll be looking at the big chapters being worth over 200K gold--assuming the same AP gold value, which is a bad assumption (it'll likely cost even more than that, since this is now the biggest AP sink in the game).

First, the prices are just downright ridiculous. Did you guys accidentally add an extra 0 to all the prices? Because that's what it looks like here. This is going to make Akaviri far harder to acquire than even Glass.

Second, back when people were trying to save up their AP for gear, there would be instances when people were reluctant to repair walls or buy siege because they wanted to save up their AP. With such sky-high prices (that essentially places even the cheap chapters out of reach of most PvEers and the full motif out of reach of all but the most dedicated PvPers), this is going to rekindle that problem and make it even worse.

Instead of using a style motif as an AP sink, why not update the gear that's available using AP? Ravager is still VR14...
Edited by code65536 on October 6, 2015 8:13PM
Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
Personal best scores:
Dungeon trifectas:
Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap that's a lot. I still like the idea of it being a motif - means we can use it on any level character and it's not limited to vets only. But yeah, them prices are criminally insane.

Edit: Oh, did they give you a preview of the style on PTS? I'd love to see some screenshots if you have them
    Edited by Alucardo on October 6, 2015 8:11PM
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have like 15m AP that's waiting to be used, hopefully I can convert this in a few million gold :smiley:
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Oh, did they give you a preview of the style on PTS? I'd love to see some screenshots if you have them
    Sadly, I didn't have quite enough AP left on my toon to buy one of the big chapters, and I didn't want to blow it on a medium chapter.

That said, the preview pictures are all identical to the existing Akaviri items. The things that we used to get in the Rewards for the Worthy mails were Akaviri, so you can equip those old sets to see what it looks like.
    Edited by code65536 on October 6, 2015 8:27PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • TRoclodyte
    TRoclodyte
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more upset about the price of the material than the price of the motif.
    If I already spent all that time grinding millions of AP to buy the full motif, I shouldn't have to grind 50,000 AP every damn time I want to craft just one single piece.

Same goes for glass and dwarven.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The style didn't look that great, sort of looks like craftable Nedic armour, (closest discription I can get.) I'm sure the motif be in the crown store for 5k a month or 2 after Orsinium DLC release.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a pve update not pvp lol
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have like 15m AP that's waiting to be used, hopefully I can convert this in a few million gold :smiley:

same here, and good idera
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Orsinium is a pve zone, but there were updates added to the pts that were not pve related, like this style and many other changes to Cyrodiil. Why are you laughing?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    [
    Sadly, I didn't have quite enough AP left on my toon to buy one of the big chapters, and I didn't want to blow it on a medium chapter.

Ah damn, no templates or anything with this style?
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooooh. Wow. Thats alotta AP. Way more then I expected.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Akaviri style is part of the base game update.
    playing for eXile

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WTF is wrong with you Zo$???

This is BS. If I have to spend AP on this stuff...the wall repair, door repair, siege weapons and everything else that costs AP, should now be free.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    500K AP for chest, head, swords, staves, shields
    250K AP for most of the others
    100K AP for belt, dagger and one or two others
    50K AP for the style material (5K per scrap, 10 scraps needed)

We're looking at millions of AP needed to craft this style. If I took my all the AP that I've earned since I started playing this spring (and assuming that I hadn't already spent most of that AP, which is a poor assumption; those wall repairs are expensive), I could buy only 3 of the large chapters, and of all my friends, I'm the one who PvPs the most.

On NA/PC, before the IC update, people were paying around 100K gold for a VR14 Cyrodiil's Light ring, and those cost only 248K AP. Using that price extrapolation, we'll be looking at the big chapters being worth over 200K gold--assuming the same AP gold value, which is a bad assumption (it'll likely cost even more than that, since this is now the biggest AP sink in the game).

First, the prices are just downright ridiculous. Did you guys accidentally add an extra 0 to all the prices? Because that's what it looks like here. This is going to make Akaviri far harder to acquire than even Glass.

Second, back when people were trying to save up their AP for gear, there would be instances when people were reluctant to repair walls or buy siege because they wanted to save up their AP. With such sky-high prices (that essentially places even the cheap chapters out of reach of most PvEers and the full motif out of reach of all but the most dedicated PvPers), this is going to rekindle that problem and make it even worse.

Instead of using a style motif as an AP sink, why not update the gear that's available using AP? Ravager is still VR14...

AP pricing seems ok to me IMO, as said on another similar thread, at least AP will be viable again.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry they will get on the crown store too.......

ZoS always make content based on the absolute elite players so this doesn't surprise me.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs to be super expensive, why else would people pay 5000 crowns for it in a couple of weeks!

Anyway why spend AP on it, when you run the risk of them actually introducing something useful to buy with AP and you not having any left since you wasted it on style books.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry they will get on the crown store too.......

ZoS always make content based on the absolute elite players so this doesn't surprise me.

If you really think that ZOS does this you might want to think about it again.
    playing for eXile

• Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's baby AP.
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I keep seeing this request. I have said this before but it bears repeating. If the AP gear like Ravager, Cyrodiil's Light, Morag Tong, etc., got upgraded to VR16, it would instantly become just about the best gear in the game. And it would be available without any need to buy DLC. No way is ZOS going to make it where playing the base game gets you the best gear in game! The best gear will come from DLC. It is not a mistake or oversight that AP is only getting you cosmetic items. That is by design as a way to make AP not completely worthless, while still funneling players into the DLC if they want their characters to become more powerful.
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we give you something (motifs) and you give us something (moneys). I like those prices. :)
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like those prices. Finally a way again of getting gold through AP.
    PVP is not cheap.
    Edited by Wollust on October 6, 2015 9:02PM
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry...it'll be in the cash shop soon for 5000 crowns.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I know what I'm going to be doing until Orcinium comes out
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOOD.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And I was hoping to spend my AP on scattershots and oil catapults. Well shucks...

Just let us buy stacks of tripots ffs
  • Antirob
    Antirob
    ✭✭✭
    These prices are just fine. Not everyone needs the motifs, and they are meant to be somewhat rare. Guild crafters in pvp are going to be happyand pvpers can make gold again.
    Vehemence
    Antirob - Dragonknight
  • DobbaDeuce
    DobbaDeuce
    ✭✭✭
    Total Cost is 4,300,000 AP.

Personally, I like the fact that they're making things hard to get. You can use the "they just want to make crown store money" argument if you want, but honestly 4.3 million AP isn't that much, especially for players that like to spend a lot of time in Cyrodiil. It gives them something to spend their AP on, and it creates another outlet to spend gold on if you wish to buy from them.

This is the kind of item that only specialized crafters need. Since pretty much anyone already can make whatever they want level wise, being a crafter hasn't been much of a business. However, if someone wants a specific style then maybe now they'll have to seek out a renowned crafter to make it for them.
    Tamriel-616 - A Chronicle of Tamriel's Heroes
    Jollo | Daggerfall | Templar | Lvl 47 | Blackwater Blade
    Vidarr
    | Ebonheart | Sorcerer | Lvl 26 | Chillrend
    J'Pummra
    | Aldmeri | Dragonknight | Lvl 13 | Thornblade
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep these *** prices and put it in vr16 PvP gear boxes for RNG. If it's that pic that was on forums before, the Motif looks homeless person anyway.
    Edited by silky_soft on October 6, 2015 10:08PM
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    So with IC PVP update we got:
    -glass motif with insane non PVP orientated grind in order to get the motif and materials required to craft it.
    -glass motif and glass crafting materials(malachite) in crown store

In Orsinium PVE update we get:
    -Akiviri motif with insane non PVE oriented grind in order to get the motif and materials required to craft it.
    - Akiviri motif and Akiviri crafting materials (gold scale) in crown store soon ( if data mining is correct-which is very likely)

So basically bring a DLC out for a group of players who like to to X. Ensure that you include a highly desirable armour style in the DLC , but in order to obtain it, players will need to do a large grind by doing Y. Then add armour style and required crafting materials to cash shop. $$$$$$$

I see what happened there. :o