The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Build] Dennegor: 2.1 magicka melee Nightblade Build

Erondil
Erondil
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,
1.7 hit the live server few weeks ago already, and I've been questionned a lot about my new set-up (Magicka Melee NightBlade), so here you go :)
Stats:
First off, this is not the best stats you can reach for damages nor for magicka sustain, nor even the best compromise between damages and magicka sustain. But I started 1.7 with the idea to make an hybrid build, and eventhough I dropped it because it was not really efficient (at least not with my amount of CP) I kept a good amount of stamina regen to feel comfortable and be able to dodgeroll quite a lot as magicka build. Here are my stats with battlespirit buff but no other PvP bonus :
Unbuffed : Screenshot_20150921_213452.png
Screenshot_20150921_213434.png
Buffed (Major sorcery + Tripot) : Screenshot_20150921_225838.png
Screenshot_20150921_225846.png
As you can see all my attributes points into magicka, I run Atronach as mundus stone and purple food. I am also vamp which I recommend now, eventhough this build can works without. As race, I would go for Altmer all the way, but Bosmer Breton and Darkelf are ok aswell (you can compete with any race anyway)
Also this build works well for me, it doesnt mean it will work well for you, so if you want to use it, better to do few tweaks depending on your playstyle ;)
Gear:
  • Ofc, Necklace +2 Ring Willpower Arcanist, 2 Spell damages glyphs and one Magicka regen.
  • 5*Willow's Path (Chest Heavy Infused, Legs Medium Infused, gloves sash and shoes light divines)
  • 1*Molag Kena (Light divines shoulder)
  • 1*Blood Spawn (Light Head Infused, though I have impenetrable because cba PvE farm)
  • 1 Master's restauration staff or a random vr16 restauration staff with a magicka drain glyph, weighted, defending or nirn.
  • 2*Thorug's Pact Swords, Nirhorned with Disease+what you want (I'm trying unresistable dmg atm) enchants
Every enchants are magicka, I use 1 medium and 1 heavy for the undaunted passives, if you don't have it better go 6/1 or 5/2 (I would say 2 heavy but 2 medium is good if you want to dodgeroll some more)
Skillbars:
Dual Wield:
  1. Lotus Fan (Gapcloser+Snare+DoT+Damage through dodgeroll
  2. Impale (an execute, worth using again with the new battle spirit buff)
  3. Concelead Weapon (main dps skill)
  4. Cloak (ofc)
  5. Sap essence (AoE to find NBs who try to cloak away+major sorcery buff)
  6. Ultimate : Soul Harvest
Resto staff:
  1. Healing Ward : Your only heal
  2. Crippling Crasp : Good DoT+Snare+Speed Buff (I switch it out for Proximity Detonation when I'm in small grp and the campaign is too zergy)
  3. Shadow Image : Best skill of the game
  4. Fear : Best CC of the game
  5. Harness magicka : Decent shield+helps for magicka sustain
  6. Ultimate: Clouding swarm, if you are not vamp Meteor (both morphs are equally good depending of the situtation) or Soul Tether. I prefer to go Meteor for damages than soul tether tho, because then I launch meteor, switch bar and the damages scale with my dw bar (~600 more spell dmg)
Champion Points
I got a bit over 400 Champion Points now, but I will make it here with 390 because it's easier :p
The Mage :
  • Apprentice : 5 in Spell Erosion, 15 in Elfborn and 15 in Blessed (after 390 CP, I push both elfborn and blessed, also put one CP in Elemental Expert if you use meteor)
  • Ritual : 100 in Thaumaturge
The Thief:
  • Tower: 15 in Magician
  • Lover : 15 in Mooncalf 60 in Arcanist
  • Shadow : 1 in Befoul (for disease procc + soul harvest) 39 in Thumbling
The Warrior:
  • Steed : 12 in Spell Shiled 3 in Resistant
  • Lady : 1 in Light Armor Focus, 4 in Thick Skinned, 20 in Hardy 30 in Elemental defender (if you're vamp otherwise 25/25)
  • Lord : 1 in Quick Recovery 59 in Bastion (push bastion up to 70-80 after the 390 CP mark)

Video:
Edited by Erondil on September 29, 2015 2:59PM
~retired~
EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
Youtube Channel
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome as always man! Thanks!

I noticed your not using relentless focus anymore?
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reeko wrote: »
    Awesome as always man! Thanks!

I noticed your not using relentless focus anymore?

No I found impale more usefull with the reduced damages, even with the Relentless Focus buff :open_mouth:
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A good guide for us poor DKs leveling our nightblades :lol:
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • bebitohh
    bebitohh
    ✭✭
    @Erondil do you think is viable against stam nb ?
  • NoRefunds
    NoRefunds
    ✭✭✭
    its a good build BUT if you run into a good player using shield breaker you have no hope, thats why i swapped the shields for rapid regen+swallow soul+blessing of restoration..and i think its crazy to not use double take, the dodge chance its just too good.... you can also replace molag kena-blood spawn-torug with 4 pc magnus, easy to get and you can choose traits
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoRefunds wrote: »
    its a good build BUT if you run into a good player using shield breaker you have no hope, thats why i swapped the shields for rapid regen+swallow soul+blessing of restoration..and i think its crazy to not use double take, the dodge chance its just too good.... you can also replace molag kena-blood spawn-torug with 4 pc magnus, easy to get and you can choose traits

This, run into a stamina nb using mark who also has shieldbreaker, and game over:/ Other then that its a good build I guess.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

This, run into a stamina nb using mark who also has shieldbreaker, and game over:/ Other then that its a good build I guess.

Any NB against mark is pretty much f*****. :p
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why magickareg on jewelry? Cost reduction glyph is way more better.. And yes double take + purge are core abilitys for defense.
    PC EU - DC only
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bebitohh wrote: »
    I don't have much problems so far, they die quite fast for most of them and if they abuse shieldbreaker+light attack spam, I just dont use shields until I'm at ~30% hp

In 1v1 I don't have much issue agaisnt shield breaker because good players don't abuse it with bow+light attack spam, they use it in a rotation (light attack+skill+ optionnal bash) to also be able to kill non-shields users with the same build. I can deal with the 2k extra dmg thanks to cloak (if I'm not marked) shadow image, rolldodge or los. Players who use it with bow LA spam are usually bad players so just dps through it without using shields and they will forgot to go defensive and miserably die.
    In 1vX, mark+shieldbreaker bow LA spam is pretty hard to deal with tho, I try to los+use shadow image and kill the shieldbreaker user first. But when there is 1-2 bow shieldbreaker user and one healer yeah.. I just die or flee.
    If you want to go more defensive to counter shieldbreaker, you can switch cripple or harness for blessing of restoration if you want, imo it's just not worth it for the moment (not that many ppl running around with bow+shieldbreaker)

Also yes, 4 magnus is another option but if you can get the good undaunted pieces with the good traits, one magicka regen and one max magicka bonus is not worth one spell damage bonus and one stam regen bonus imo.

ChefZero wrote: »
    Why magickareg on jewelry? Cost reduction glyph is way more better.. And yes double take + purge are core abilitys for defense.

With 5p willow's path and 5 lights, magicka regen glyph gives more sustain than reduce cost. Gotta thanks @Soulac and his calculator for that :D
    Edited by Erondil on September 30, 2015 11:50AM
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    I am lvl 46 so a few questions.

You don't use Funnel which I find very helpful...is this because your gear/cps recover enough for you?

No inner light so a 10% crit hit...not missed?

Tks.
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    I don't have much problems so far, they die quite fast for most of them and if they abuse shieldbreaker+light attack spam, I just dont use shields until I'm at ~30% hp

In 1v1 I don't have much issue agaisnt shield breaker because good players don't abuse it with bow+light attack spam, they use it in a rotation (light attack+skill+ optionnal bash) to also be able to kill non-shields users with the same build. I can deal with the 2k extra dmg thanks to cloak (if I'm not marked) shadow image, rolldodge or los. Players who use it with bow LA spam are usually bad players so just dps through it without using shields and they will forgot to go defensive and miserably die.
    In 1vX, mark+shieldbreaker bow LA spam is pretty hard to deal with tho, I try to los+use shadow image and kill the shieldbreaker user first. But when there is 1-2 bow shieldbreaker user and one healer yeah.. I just die or flee.
    If you want to go more defensive to counter shieldbreaker, you can switch cripple or harness for blessing of restoration if you want, imo it's just not worth it for the moment (not that many ppl running around with bow+shieldbreaker)

Also yes, 4 magnus is another option but if you can get the good undaunted pieces with the good traits, one magicka regen and one max magicka bonus is not worth one spell damage bonus and one stam regen bonus imo.

With 5p willow's path and 5 lights, magicka regen glyph gives more sustain than reduce cost. Gotta thanks @Soulac and his calculator for that :D

Magicka Reg = around 300+ every 2 sec depending how many points you got in the champion Passives, if vampire, if high elf etc. but per glyph of 169 you get around 300 overall.
    One cost reduction glyph doesn't grant you 200, it's rather around 150 under normal circumstances.

I this case pretty even.
    The more mag Reg increases you get, the better it is, especially thanks to willows path.

- Meow -
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Magicka Reg = around 300+ every 2 sec depending how many points you got in the champion Passives, if vampire, if high elf etc. but per glyph of 169 you get around 300 overall.
    One cost reduction glyph doesn't grant you 200, it's rather around 150 under normal circumstances.

I this case pretty even.
    The more mag Reg increases you get, the better it is, especially thanks to willows path.

Yes this is critical piece: regen scales much better with increasing CPs and stats. Cost reduction gets worse with increasing CPs and stats.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭

I this case pretty even.

Why 150 cost reduction? If i cast 1 skill per second, i need 203 magicka less per second. Compared to regeneration, cost reduction seems better. Also 1 cast per second isn't that much.

Edit: willow's path don't work with regdrinks atm.

PC EU - DC only
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also 1 cast per second isn't that much.

Thats the maximum that you can do.
    If you use light armor then regen is better, if you use other armor then cost reduction.

Edited by Bashev on September 30, 2015 1:14PM
    Because I can!
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

I this case pretty even.

Yes this is critical piece: regen scales much better with increasing CPs and stats. Cost reduction gets worse with increasing CPs and stats.

And keep in mind that they're kind of equal if you cast one spell every second, which is not always the case.

In addition to my first post just to clarify:

Even if you cast a skill every damn second regeneration is slightly better if you got the right equip..
    Normal circumstances = around equal
    Willow's Path, more CP etc. = Regen superior

Not casting an ability every second which is more likely = recovery always better except you run a stamina build..

Stamina Reg vs cost on the other side.. Well it reduces Break-Free, bash etc. so cost reduction is mostly better.

- Meow -
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I this case pretty even.

And keep in mind that they're kind of equal if you cast one spell every second, which is not always the case.

Stamina Reg vs cost on the other side.. Well it reduces Break-Free, bash etc. so cost reduction is mostly better.
    Edited by Soulac on September 30, 2015 1:15PM

- Meow -
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I this case pretty even.

Are you sure that stamina cost reduction reduce bash? I think it reduces only roll-dodge, break free and skills.

Because I can!
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great skill setup... Thanks man!
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

I this case pretty even.

Are you sure that stamina cost reduction reduce bash? I think it reduces only roll-dodge, break free and skills.

Yes, I am sure about it.

- Meow -
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭

I this case pretty even.

Yes, I am sure about it.

Thanks Soulac! Great info to know but quick question, if that is the case would it then be better to put CP into reduce stamina cost over tumbling?
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reeko wrote: »

I this case pretty even.

Yes, I am sure about it.

Thanks Soulac! Great info to know but quick question, if that is the case would it then be better to put CP into reduce stamina cost over tumbling?

That's the difference.. The champion passive only affects skills.

- Meow -
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    I am lvl 46 so a few questions.

You don't use Funnel which I find very helpful...is this because your gear/cps recover enough for you?

No inner light so a 10% crit hit...not missed?

Tks.

No I don't use funnel health because I'm fine with only healing ward as heal, and when I'm attacking I want to deal as much damages as possible, concelead weapon is better for that.
    I don't use Inner Light neither because I don't have 2 free slots, 10% crit and 7% max magicka is not worth 2 skills imo, at least for this build.
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • bebitohh
    bebitohh
    ✭✭
    @Erondil which weapon trait would be best after nirn, i still dnt hav it /:
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Erondil which weapon trait would be best after nirn, i still dnt hav it /:

sharpened.
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    how much damage does cloak spam do?
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    how much damage does cloak spam do?

All of it.
  • TonyMontana569
    TonyMontana569
    Soul Shriven
    @Erondil But I started 1.7 with the idea to make an hybrid build, and eventhough I dropped it because it was not really efficient (at least not with my amount of CP) I kept a good amount of stamina regen to feel comfortable and be able to dodgeroll quite a lot as magicka build.

Does this mean that you dropped this current build? Or is this still the same build you are running? If it's not the best build, what would you suggest is the best build for this style of play? I took your last build and played exactly like you and it was amazing. Your youtube videos are the reason I play magicka nb .
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Erondil But I started 1.7 with the idea to make an hybrid build, and eventhough I dropped it because it was not really efficient (at least not with my amount of CP) I kept a good amount of stamina regen to feel comfortable and be able to dodgeroll quite a lot as magicka build.

Does this mean that you dropped this current build? Or is this still the same build you are running? If it's not the best build, what would you suggest is the best build for this style of play? I took your last build and played exactly like you and it was amazing. Your youtube videos are the reason I play magicka nb .

No it's the build I'm currently playing with. I meant that I dropped the idea to be hybrid, sorry if it wasnt clear :/ Thanks btw :)
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • bebitohh
    bebitohh
    ✭✭
    @Erondil can you explain how you would handle a sorc that wont gt out of his mines ?
  • bebitohh
    bebitohh
    ✭✭
    @Erondil another thing that i keep hearing is that willows path isnt working as intended, the cp or potions wnt stack ?