The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Repair Issue

Elvenpath
Elvenpath
✭✭✭
We have 2 computer ESO installed. When we close the game and relaunch ESO launcher both PC says ESO need repair. I waiting till today maybe its temporary issue or something but this morning we launch the game again and ta-da its repairing again. We are waiting ~10-15 minutes to repair everytime we close the game. It's so much annoying. Anyone having this problem or anyone knows how we gonna fix it?
  • ZOS_Julien
    Hello there,

Thread moved to PC Technical support section.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. Do not click on repair. Instead, close the launcher and go to your game folder, then client and run Eso.exe

See if you can now log straight into the game without the launcher. The launcher error(patch manifest) has been around since the beta's and still not fixed.
    Edited by sparafucilsarwb17_ESO on September 23, 2015 2:12PM
  • Lyndea
    Lyndea
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem. Do not click on repair. Instead, close the launcher and go to your game folder, then client and run Eso.exe

See if you can now log straight into the game without the launcher. The launcher error(patch manifest) has been around since the beta's and still not fixed.

Thank you, this was very helpful :) However, is there any word from ZOS about fixing the launcher in the forseeanle future?
  • Lyndea
    Lyndea
    Soul Shriven
    that is *foreseeable* :*
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea, it should have been fixed long ago. Maybe a dev can answer that for us?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never launch the game from the launcher, I go directly to the eso.exe. I only use the launcher to dl patches.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This error has been around since Beta. :( Just use the launcher on patch days. One "trick" that sometimes helps is even though IE may not be your default browser, go into Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings and make sure "Automatically Detect Settings" is turned off, no check mark. Again this has helped some but not all on the error.
    Edited by Seravi on September 23, 2015 11:55PM
  • Elvenpath
    Elvenpath
    ✭✭✭
    Well i fixed it atm guys "i think". It didn't coming like about 5 hours atm. Just followed this article. Now having no issue but i will give you proper information in 1 day again, about what happend, still trying is it really fixed.
  • Coezzy
    Coezzy
    I am having this issue since the latest patch, every time I start the game, I have to repair it. Sometimes the repair will just keep showing up even though I have done it 2 or 3 times in row, not by choice, but because it doesn't show play.

The only Fix that works for me and I am sure you have figured out by now is :neutral:
    That sometimes when it gets stuck on the repair button, close the launcher and open it again, do another repair, only then will the play button enable again.

I am sure this will be patched soon, well I hope so.
    " Shock me, say something intelligent. "
  • Elvenpath
    Elvenpath
    ✭✭✭
    Hello again, i gave a link on my second post if you follow that it will be fixed. I can confirm that article solving this issue.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elvenpath wrote: »
    Hello again, i gave a link on my second post if you follow that it will be fixed. I can confirm that article solving this issue.

Exactly which step did solve your problem from that guide? There are several steps suggested from ESO and each of those will force you to make a restart of computer, if you want to be sure to follow the guide completely as it suggest. Those steps are also time consuming, so it would help if you could tell what worked in your situation.

My own solution here would depend on your internet connection speed and that you don't have to pay for how many bytes you download.

I would suggest just to save time, by getting rid of everything locally (just make sure that your add-on: are moved to another folder and move it back later; check that ad-on:s are the latest version). Re-download client/game and install it. Make sure it has administrative privilege in Windows for launcher exe and eso.exe (in Live folder). This step shouldn't be necessary, but if ESO CS would ask then you have at least done what they suggest.
  • Elvenpath
    Elvenpath
    ✭✭✭
    First i deleted 3 files (.version ones) mentioned on post. But i just didn't delete them just backed up on my desktop. Then restarted computer, launch eso launcher and it says install. I clicked install it started to download, i paused it, closed the launcher. Then started to launcher again it said repair, i repaired it one more time that was the last time asked for repair in 2 days i guess. Today was fine, i closed the game several times there isn't any problem.
  • snakekill
    snakekill
    Its been going on for a long time.