The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Newfound FPS Lag Spikes

Kyle8497
Kyle8497
Soul Shriven
I recently reinstalled ESO to enjoy the game once again. Unfortunately, this time around FPS drops are a common occurrence.

The last time I actively played ESO, it ran perfectly fine. I never had any lag whatsoever. Now, I get random, out-of-the-blue FPS drops no matter what I'm doing, or what my graphics settings are at.

It's also important to know that I'm using the same exact computer with no new changes since the last time I had the game installed. Nothing has changed with my computer, so it can't possibly be me.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyle8497 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having this issue?
    Besides the 10+ topics about the same issue on the front page?
    No, everyone else is having a great time! That was sarcasm btw.

A quick search will yield hours of fun reading on the subject ...
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on September 21, 2015 9:56PM
  • Kyle8497
    Kyle8497
    Soul Shriven
    @SirAndy Well, PC games tend to have varying instances of FPS lag. I did read some of the ones with "lag" in their titles, but they didn't sound like the same situation as mine. I figured my instance was different, as lag can come from many different factors.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a known bug with the latest patch, here's just one of the many recent threads:
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2274192/p1
    sad.gif
  • jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If my business performed like ZOS I would be shutdown. But that's OK because new games are on the way and this will be a moot point.