The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Untenable lag

Armenua
Armenua
✭✭✭
I have a decent computer - I know it is not the best but still - and play other games without problems. Yet ESO has huge latency problems and lag problems. Everything is choppy and takes away all the fun the game may offer me. I need some sort of resolution because right now the game is unplayable. I just cant imagine what it would be like if I was involved in PVP or any castle sieging. I have even lowered my graphic settings to LOW from HIGH, then Medium... and nothing changes at all.

HP Pavilion p7-1054, AMD Radeon 6700 series, I have 6 gigabytes of ram. It seems to take entire my hard drive to load other areas. I have broadband Internet thru my cable company.

Any ideas what I should do besides uninstall?
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah having the same problem since patch
  • Armenua
    Armenua
    ✭✭✭
    I was having these problems even before today's maintenance, if that is what you mean. It's why I logged off yesterday. Just couldn't take the irritation.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday participated in some PvP sieges. The performance was terrible. At one point FPS dropped to near zero, and my horse got stuck in unrendered terrain. I literally could not move. Another time I was killed , and fell in a crack in between a wall and hill. That time I couldn't even rotate around to see if anyone was around to revive me, nor could I look at the map. Eventually the game crashed, and I had to be re-added to the group. At other times with multiple players engaging in combat the FPS was so terrible, it was impossible to target and trigger skills. Terrible for a sorcerer, melee classes had it MUCH easier. The game's performance is so bad for me, that if it doesn't become acceptable within a month, I will demand a refund for it and the DLC.
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on September 25, 2015 10:18PM
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, if it's any consolation, I have multiple computers, 2 of which are bleeding edge (for 2015), and I experience the same issues. It's the game and/or game servers. :/
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured that out after dropping all my addons and reducing graphics to a minimum. It had absolutely zero effect. The client is just terrible. Someone suggested it is getting hung up on sound rendering. I disabled all my other audio drivers too. Will see if that makes it any better.

What's really disappointing is that the customer support and the devs appear to be completely clueless on how to fix these problems for us. We shouldn't have to grope in the dark, considering the size of the community and the income we are giving to ZoS.

The content could be the best thing in the world, but if the performance remains this lousy, the game is basically unplayable in PVP, and we should all get refunds.
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on September 24, 2015 12:55AM