The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Using the keyboard causes a freeze?

winterbornb14_ESO
winterbornb14_ESO
✭✭✭
Played at night with no issues and then the next evening I fired up my computer to play with my wife and found another problem.

If I pressed and held any key on my keyboard for more than about 1/4 second the game would freeze and stayed frozen for as long as I held the key down. This along with the normal lag issues of frame rates that go from 80+ to 7 and pings that go from 120 to 999+ at random times, makes the game hard to play.

And before some canned BS about its on my end from someone who thinks they are tech support.........just don't even start. I checked my connection and its fine, my computer/keyboard work perfect with other online games, so its no on my end. It was just with this game and was consistent through many restarts etc.

Only ran the same 3 Add On's as I always have (Lorebooks, Skyshards, Destinations)

Going to try a repair or re install and cross my fingers your patch magic doesn't get any worse.
  • kaiquefaraway
    kaiquefaraway
    ✭✭
    I have the same problem
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weird because last night my mouse started to do that. at random times if I left clicked nothing would happen. It was so aggravating. I checked everything with my mouse, drivers/connection etc. But it still would happen through out the night.

Once I was done playing the game & moved on to something else, it never happened again. Only in game. UGH.
  • winterbornb14_ESO
    winterbornb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well after re downloading it is gone but thanks for the $10.00 bucks it will cost me since I went over my bandwith cap to fix (hopefully) a game bug.

Although I learned a new skill, how to play without using WASD : (