The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How are you mean't to deal with stam nb's?

• eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eNumbra wrote: »

Well considering in this DLC death has an actual punishment e.g. the losing 80% of TV stones you have then yes and escape skill is OP.

That's not OP, that's a DLC design issue.

Not really?
    Specifically the bit I quoted, plus my edit.

Edited by eNumbra on September 21, 2015 12:59AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well considering in this DLC death has an actual punishment e.g. the losing 80% of TV stones you have then yes and escape skill is OP.

That's not OP, that's a DLC design issue.

Not really?
    Specifically the bit I quoted, plus my edit.

or you could have that 50% increase nerf that sorc's got, when your cloak is broken 50% increase if used in the next 4 seconds.

Sure it's possible to break cloak, but unless you use very high radius aoe nb's can easily re cloak and vanish.

Also the fact they can walk through mobs is annoying, normally it wasn't but mobs actually do something in this patch and there is a very high density. 2 classes don't have an escape skill, sorc have a nerfed one but that goes right through mobs and aggro's everything.

Nb's have one that can easily be perma cast, lets them go anywhere and ignore mobs and gives them a huge advantage in IC.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or you could have that 50% increase nerf that sorc's got, when your cloak is broken 50% increase if used in the next 4 seconds.

Or we could lessen the massive nerfs done to streak and dodge roll; rather than turning everything into a damned pillow fight.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or we could lessen the massive nerfs done to streak and dodge roll; rather than turning everything into a damned pillow fight.

Problem is dodge roll is now 'working as intented' as a defence to dodge big attack or such, you was always mean't to time your rolls and because some player took advantage of infinite regen builds combines with reduce cp they could literally always dodge roll. They should of went another way around it though, a penalty every 4 seconds for a skill which everyone uses espically in pve with big boss aoe's wasn't the right choice.

Maybe increase the dodge roll cost by 10%/20%/40% etc... in a certain time frame like 10 seconds before it resets. So people can actually double or triple dodge roll without losing 50% of their stamina, because there are situations were you need to.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure it's possible to break cloak, but unless you use very high radius aoe nb's can easily re cloak and vanish.

Also the fact they can walk through mobs is annoying, normally it wasn't but mobs actually do something in this patch and there is a very high density. 2 classes don't have an escape skill, sorc have a nerfed one but that goes right through mobs and aggro's everything.

Nb's have one that can easily be perma cast, lets them go anywhere and ignore mobs and gives them a huge advantage in IC.

Your arguments are pretty awful imo.
    No, cloak should not be nerfed as a result of bad players not knowing how to deal with it appropriately.
    Comparing cloak to bolt escape is comparing apples to oranges. They're different abilities that serve different purposes. If you're going to give cloak a 50% cost increase, where do you draw the line for spammable defensive abilities? Does Breath of Life need a % increase for every cast within X amount of seconds? How about Mist Form? Hardened Ward? Healing Ward? Cloak isn't even reliable in its current iteration.

This is a class based MMO if you weren't aware. Classes are purposefully fundamentally different from one another. Yes, Nightblades excel in certain situations, and they're obviously great in the Imperial City, but that's what makes this game compelling. Sorcerers typically make for the best ranged magic casters. Do they need to have their niche role nerfed to bring them in line with other classes? Should Templar heals be less impactful or even redesigned? Do we really want more homogenization? It comes down to game design philosophy.

There are counters to the ability. Fit them into your build or stop complaining. If Nightblades excel in fights as a result of cloak where there are hostile NPCs, is the ability even strong enough to warrant a nerf to cloak and nightblade combat in general for the class in other more or less NPC'less areas? I maintain that it's not.

Also, stamina Nightblades cannot perma cast cloak, so you should specify that when you're talking about perma casting.
    Quit being such a fatalist when it comes to dealing with Nightblades in PVP.
    Edited by Yiko on September 21, 2015 1:51AM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll leave this here, then I'll cloak away

http://www.prntscr.com/8io9iw
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • MancandyMcDong
    I've been cloaked and in stealth this entire thread. Just biding my time until TC is vulnerable.

Then I shall cloak away and watch some more....
    GamerTag- Mancandy McLong

I may be a Bosmer, but I'm hung like a Redguard.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reeko wrote: »
    Aunatar wrote: »
    Reeko wrote: »
    Aunatar wrote: »
    Has someone seen Soulac's build? He posted it on the forum.
    It's very simple and easy to achieve, even with different gear (tried in PTS, many combinations give pretty much the same stats) high weapon dmg and high resource regeneration (both magicka and stamina).
    Cloak, without any reduction, costs about 3500 magicka and lasts 3.5 seconds. You can easily get to 1200 magicka regen with drinks.

Let's pretend you have a pool of 9000 magicka, 0 CP in magician, 0 light armor pieces, 0 cost reduction glyphs and you never break your cloak:
    --Without potions; X=time to run OOM in seconds
    (3500/3,5)X = 9000+(1200/2)X | X= 22,5s | 22,5s/3.5s= (6,4) 6 Cloaks without going out of stealth
    --Now after a V15 tri-stat potion when you are OOM, but still invisible (7391 magicka+major intellect); Y=time added from a potion
    (3500/3,5)Y =7391+(1200*1,2/2)Y | Y=26,4s |
    Total time spent being invisible= X+Y = (22,5+26,4)s = 48,9 seconds of TOTAL INVISIBILITY [which means almost 14 cloaks (13,9)]

Now, just to compare.. Try to streak or roll dodge for 48,9 seconds with your MAIN (not secondary) resource pool
    STOP MISINFORMATION

Except Cloak is only 2.9 seconds...

And you have to then switch to magicka regen focus instead of stamina which then wrecks your build anyway :)

Just to quote Soulac's build:
    "3.4k Wpndmg
    26.6k Stamina
    19.4k Health
    1.8k MagReg (~1.9k on 2h with cloak on it and >2.2k once they fix the formula)
    2.880 StamReg (~3.2 - 3.3k once they fix the formula)"
    Does it look like something that wrecks your build?

How in the hell? I'm a magicka build with Atronach stone, divines, and drink i only get to 1.8k regen. How the hell does he achieve those stats?

Champion points is my guess :)

I tried Willos path (which I currenty wear since I made it look cool) and even with drinks I only get around 1400 stam reg. Of course I am currently no vampire, I am the wrong race (Breton) I have no 500 CP's (I am at 280) and I have my jewels set with weapon damage (with dual wield V16 weapins I have 3100 unbuffed with rally and buffed around 35-3600.

Of course I can switch to my hunding gear and I then have 1k stam reg with 4000 WD.

But as it is... I can only cloak 5-6 times and the magicka is gone. If I dodge roll 2 times my stamina is also half gone so yes I cloak (and stay still) so I regenerate some stamina (due to shadow walker gear) passive and can do a stun attack.

Point is... cloak works fine. Most Stamblades can't cast it unlimited. Also I want to be a bowtard but bows only tickle a bit in the knee. Stamblades are not that powerfull defence wise (hence cloak is only protection). There are some very good stamblades. Most video's 1vsX is very good stamblades wrecking mostly noobs who don't know how to counter and are in IC probably some PvEérs.

Good thing is, since IC that some pure PvE'ers now do get the taste of PvP. I even seen some doing overland Cyrodill keep sieging. Hopefully after a few weeks Cyrodill will be fun again.

Nerf sorcs and buff bows.

Edited by Knootewoot on September 21, 2015 9:53AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."