The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How are you mean't to deal with stam nb's?

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eNumbra wrote: »

I'm complaining about the fact it's extremely hard to take them out of stealth

It really isn't - and even if it is, specifically for you build... good. There shouldn't be builds that can counter everything.

Nb's counter everything... xD

A nb can even counter a nb.

Every class has access to something that will counter anything they run into.

Running away isn't a counter to everything and there is no singular unified NB build that can counter everything. Stop being obtuse because you can't stop an NB from escaping.

A nb build to counter everything.

Typical bow/2h build.

Shieldbreaker for sorc
    Incapacitating strike for 50 ult gives major defile which rekt's templars healing.
    Mass hysteria is so effective against any dk tank build, and a stam nb just outperforms a stam dps dk.

And piercing mark to counter other nb's.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Junglejim82
    Junglejim82
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is people have the tools at their disposal but are unwilling to use em . I don't particularly wanna run shield breaker or barrier but I will . I don't want heals on my bar as a dps I want the healer to worry bout my health so I can do more damage and cc but it doesn't work like that . In a balanced serious pvp group you should have guys running barriers, warhorns , flares , mage light , detect pots , caltrops, siege shields etc . Communicate everyone doesn't need everything just enough between your group to have them when needed. I love killing guys crouched thinking they're invisible. If you're on your own obviously you can't have all that so I prioritise . I either run detection pots that give savagery and manage my resources or go with tri pots n run flare and piercing mark .
    Jungleim
    Stamblade extrordinaire (for now)
    Mass Terror /elders of anarchy ps4 e.u
    Daggerfalls finest

Always looking for serious pvpers not afraid to mic up. See below
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/181697/massterror-ps4-eu-daggerfall-are-recruiting#latest
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mass hysteria is so effective against any dk tank build
    If a stam NB can afford to put Mass hysteria on one of his bars to counter DK tanks, I guess you can afford to put Magelight or even better, Revealing flare on one of your bars to counter Cloakblades then.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mass hysteria is so effective against any dk tank build
    If a stam NB can afford to put Mass hysteria on one of his bars to counter DK tanks, I guess you can afford to put Magelight or even better, Revealing flare on one of your bars to counter Cloakblades then.

Mass hysteria ia good skill vs any but effective vs dk, it's a aoe, slow, reduce dmg, etc...

Magelight isn't very good, the radius of finding nb's is terrible, you need to put it on both bars as well. Please don't even compare them.

PS4 EU DC

• eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you need to put it on both bars as well.

No, you don't. But who am I kidding. You won't bother trying it or Revealing Flare, you'll just keep repeating yourself until the throng of unwashed parrots rally behind you and the entire front pages is nerf cloak threads; this was a pleasant distraction while trying to farm a Wraith Shackle, have fun.
  • Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    I am sitting here with popcorns, watching this awesome 1 vs zerg, aka OP vs NB Crying Army
    I hope OP is emperor at least!
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piercing Mark, Mage light and detect pots best option

You can try turtling, standing in your own aoe to draw them out.

Dps hard when you can - realize that staying targeted on them is half the battle

If you feel confident in your self healing and cc break, let yourself get low health - nb can get overconfident and blow his load prematurely. Likewise you can run away then turn on him for a similar effect.

Cast mines, volcanic runes, caltrops etc on yourself or on escape routes.

I wouldn't recommend drawing npc's into the fight
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that a Stamina build using Magicka skills is not really putting himself in danger, while a Magicka build using Stamina skills is playing with his life.

Oh, and Vigor of course. I'd love such a nice heal without having to equip a Restoration Staff.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on September 19, 2015 3:31PM
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ROFL try roll dodging x3 and see how much stamina it eats up . If you cc a dodge rolling nb chances are he's out of stam and stun locked into being a training dummy. 1x dodge into cloak us a nice escape but only against people running no stealth counters

A decent nb would never run out of stamina, their defence now is roll dodge + inf cloak. It's not hard to achieve.

Sorry but that is just not true - simply saying things that players know aren't accurate over and again is not going to suddenly un-nerf roll dodge or give a stamina player infinite magicka...

Some people claim a good sorc will never run out of stamina..

I doubt that is true either - a magicka build generally can at least use the stamina pool for blocking, breaking free and dodging without depleting the magicka they use for casting abilities but assuming they have around 8-15k stamina depending on race and food then that is going to run down if they do a lot of any of those things.

Your argument is true, but the counter-argument to it is stamina builds can boost max stamina and stam regen without hurting the efficacy of their build. For a magicka build to boost max stam and stam regen they would have to make sacrifices. Swings and roundabouts.

We can and do boost them, weapon damage as well but you face some key factors that, at least IMO, sway the resurce management balance in favour of a pure magicka build:
    • We have to use our key ability resource pool to also fund block, break free and roll dodge whereas magicka builds can do this without impacting their core resource pool - sure I can dodge/block/break free more times than you but if I do I have much less left to actually damage you with.
    • There are no inherent ways from skills to increase our stamina pool like you guys can - we tend to cap out lower in resource unless we disregard all other factors (in which case we burst or we squish).
    • Not counting bows we are in face to face combat more so we tend to need to block, roll, bash and break free more often - all these take from our core resource pool.
    • If a magicka build has to hold block and lose stamina regen for a couple of seconds... meh, so what, you can still unload your entire untouched magicka pool in my face. If I have to block you for 2 seconds then not only is my key resource being depleted to do so I also can't regen it so tough luck me, if you throw in a CC move or a root and a decent sized aoe like bats that I have to roll out of I am lucky to have much stamina left.

It all goes down to having to use our main resource for both utility moves AND skills.

Which is not to say that a stamina NB (or other class) is impossible to play - I love my NB and rarely play anything else, but I am aware of the weaknesses inherent in it especially since the changes to roll dodge.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, you don't. But who am I kidding. You won't bother trying it or Revealing Flare, you'll just keep repeating yourself until the throng of unwashed parrots rally behind you and the entire front pages is nerf cloak threads; this was a pleasant distraction while trying to farm a Wraith Shackle, have fun.

revealing flare that rank 7 alliance skill? because everyone has access to that you see..

But hey looks like i'm the only one to complain about nb's... oh wait i'm not.
    PS4 EU DC

• Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

revealing flare that rank 7 alliance skill? because everyone has access to that you see..

No you aren't - first you came for our stealth damage, then you came for roll dodge, now it's cloak - would it help if we all got together and just stood naked and unarmed for you? Then I'm sure you can find something else to complain about on another class.
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    Has someone seen Soulac's build? He posted it on the forum.
    It's very simple and easy to achieve, even with different gear (tried in PTS, many combinations give pretty much the same stats) high weapon dmg and high resource regeneration (both magicka and stamina).
    Cloak, without any reduction, costs about 3500 magicka and lasts 2.9 seconds. You can easily get to 1200 magicka regen with drinks.

Let's pretend you have a pool of 9000 magicka, 0 CP in magician, 0 light armor pieces, 0 cost reduction glyphs and you never break your cloak:
    --Without potions; X=time to run OOM in seconds
    (3500/2,9)X = 9000+(1200/2)X | X= 14,8s | 14,8s/2,9s= (5,1) 5 Cloaks without going out of stealth
    --Now after a V15 tri-stat potion when you are OOM, but still invisible (7391 magicka+major intellect); Y=time added from a potion
    (3500/2,9)Y =7391+(1200*1,2/2)Y | Y=15,2s |
    Total time spent being invisible= X+Y = (14,8+12,2)s = 27 seconds of TOTAL INVISIBILITY [which means 9 cloaks (9,31)]

Now, just to compare.. Try to streak or roll dodge for 27 seconds with your MAIN (not secondary) resource pool
    Edited by Aunatar on September 20, 2015 8:04PM
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No you aren't - first you came for our stealth damage, then you came for roll dodge, now it's cloak - would it help if we all got together and just stood naked and unarmed for you? Then I'm sure you can find something else to complain about on another class.

The stealth dmg was about everyone, the infinite dodge roll was never mean't to be a thing in the first place, cloak has always been annoying.

It would help if Zos didn't make a DLC specifically for you
    PS4 EU DC

• eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And vigor, which you stated earlier as a heal option for Stam NBs is Rank 5, which not everyone has access to but will eventually get and it used to be higher ranked.

Stop making excuses.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The stealth dmg was about everyone, the infinite dodge roll was never mean't to be a thing in the first place, cloak has always been annoying.

It would help if Zos didn't make a DLC specifically for you

Well technically it's for gankers and I've never been much about that specific play style - I can do it tolerably well when I have to but I prefer not to especially when I know I am stealing the proceeds of someone else's supposedly pleasurable gaming time when I do so... but if you come for me then I am going to use al the tools in my arsenal to make sure I win, you would be foolish to expect players to do otherwise.

Infinite roll was no better or worse than infinite streak or any other escaper mechanic - I never did it but if someone wanted to flee and build specifically to do so then good luck to them, while they have rolled half way from Warden to Bloodmayne I'll have taken the keep and be moving on to the next one...

The bad thing about the dodge roll nerf is that it hits legitimate users of the mechanic, it was put in so you could avoid hits and move out of ground effects - right now with only one roll allowed you can't even get out of many ground effects - and the multiple skills and armours that play off it become pretty pointless too.

The right fix would have been to stick the 4 second cool down after 3 rolls not a single roll - thus allowing the use of it in combat while stopping the perma-roll which seems to have bothered some of you.

Equally with blocking the better approach would be either that you simply cannot use abilities while holding block or that neither stamina nor magicka regen while blocking.
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And vigor, which you stated earlier as a heal option for Stam NBs is Rank 5, which not everyone has access to but will eventually get and it used to be higher ranked.

Stop making excuses.

rank is a lot easier to get than rank 7, if people hardly pvp they can easily get rank 5.

You stop making excuses?

'Use that really hard to unlock ability and you'll be fine'
    PS4 EU DC

• eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

rank is a lot easier to get than rank 7, if people hardly pvp they can easily get rank 5.

You stop making excuses?

Then use one of the other 8 counters for cloak.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ROFL try roll dodging x3 and see how much stamina it eats up . If you cc a dodge rolling nb chances are he's out of stam and stun locked into being a training dummy. 1x dodge into cloak us a nice escape but only against people running no stealth counters

A decent nb would never run out of stamina, their defence now is roll dodge + inf cloak. It's not hard to achieve.

Sorry but that is just not true - simply saying things that players know aren't accurate over and again is not going to suddenly un-nerf roll dodge or give a stamina player infinite magicka...

Some people claim a good sorc will never run out of stamina..

I doubt that is true either - a magicka build generally can at least use the stamina pool for blocking, breaking free and dodging without depleting the magicka they use for casting abilities but assuming they have around 8-15k stamina depending on race and food then that is going to run down if they do a lot of any of those things.
    Ever heard of stamina recocery?
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You stop making excuses?

You mean the potion with a 45 second cooldown which the nb can just wait 12 seconds before coming back, or the magicka crit skill that has terrible range and it quite useless.

Give me 8 counters.
    PS4 EU DC

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had a VR16 stamina Nightblade try to gank me after I killed a mob and had only 20% of my health left; he failed. Trust me, I still don't have an issue killing Nightblades. Honestly I feel like Templars and Dragonknights are now the toughest classes to kill in IC.
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You stop making excuses?

You mean the potion with a 45 second cooldown which the nb can just wait 12 seconds before coming back.

Have you tried killing them after you use the detect potion, instead of standing there and letting them run away?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You stop making excuses?

You mean the potion with a 45 second cooldown which the nb can just wait 12 seconds before coming back.

Have you tried killing them after you use the detect potion, instead of standing there and letting them run away?

Have you seen how fast some nb's are in cloak?

Running out of valid point, resorting to sarcasm.

Have you tried playing a class that not op.
    PS4 EU DC

• eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're in the sewers, speed won't matter much, there's only so many places to go. Use an AoE, caltrops is especially good. If you're in an open area, the NB gets away (how terrible.)

I've played all four classes actually, and I remember being able to put on a pair of boxing gloves and mash keys while playing a DK at release and still manhandling everything thrown my way. NBs aren't OP
    Edited by eNumbra on September 19, 2015 4:53PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're in the sewers, speed won't matter much, there's only so many places to go. Use an AoE, caltrops is especially good. If you're in an open area, the NB gets away (how terrible.)

I've played all four classes actually, and I remember being able to put on a pair of boxing gloves and mash keys while playing a DK at release and still manhandling everything thrown my way. NBs aren't OP

So in a dlc were dying is a bad thing because you lose currency, 1 out of 4 classes can easily escape while the other 3 can't.

'Balance'
    PS4 EU DC

• Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭

You stop making excuses?

You mean the potion with a 45 second cooldown which the nb can just wait 12 seconds before coming back, or the magicka crit skill that has terrible range and it quite useless.

Give me 8 counters.

Oh my GAWD dude wtf is wrong with you? Your thread title asks, ASKS as in a QUESTION how to counter NB yet after plenty of kind people give you viable options you turn them down with one lame, half-assed, too-lazy-to-do-it, excuse! What exactly are you looking for here? What is the purpose of this thread? Why are you here?

You obviously don't pvp much as you made clear by stating you do not have Flare yet. So why are you not taking the advice of all these players who have been pvp'ing for much longer than you? You must be between the age of 16-20 because you act like a little teen with his bloated head up his rear that refuses to listen to his seniors.

Use magelight, just f-ing try it! It will negate stuns from stealth AND reduces stealth damage by 50%! That is the EXACT counter to what you have been crying about.

I apologize for the abruptness of my post. I just hate people who ask for help/advice but then does not take any of what is givin to him.
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aunatar wrote: »
    It's very simple and easy to achieve, even with different gear (tried in PTS, many combinations give pretty much the same stats) high weapon dmg and high resource regeneration (both magicka and stamina).
    Cloak, without any reduction, costs about 3500 magicka and lasts 3.5 seconds. You can easily get to 1200 magicka regen with drinks.

Let's pretend you have a pool of 9000 magicka, 0 CP in magician, 0 light armor pieces, 0 cost reduction glyphs and you never break your cloak:
    (3500/3,5)X = 9000+(1200/2)X | X= 22,5s | 22,5s/3.5s= (6,4) 6 Cloaks without going out of stealth
    --Now after a V15 tri-stat potion when you are OOM, but still invisible (7391 magicka+major intellect); Y=time added from a potion
    (3500/3,5)Y =7391+(1200*1,2/2)Y | Y=26,4s |
    Total time spent being invisible= X+Y = (22,5+26,4)s = 48,9 seconds of TOTAL INVISIBILITY [which means almost 14 cloaks (13,9)]

Now, just to compare.. Try to streak or roll dodge for 48,9 seconds with your MAIN (not secondary) resource pool
    STOP MISINFORMATION

Except Cloak is only 2.9 seconds...
  • Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    Reeko wrote: »
    Cloak, without any reduction, costs about 3500 magicka and lasts 3.5 seconds. You can easily get to 1200 magicka regen with drinks.

(3500/3,5)X = 9000+(1200/2)X | X= 22,5s | 22,5s/3.5s= (6,4) 6 Cloaks without going out of stealth
    Total time spent being invisible= X+Y = (22,5+26,4)s = 48,9 seconds of TOTAL INVISIBILITY [which means almost 14 cloaks (13,9)]

Now, just to compare.. Try to streak or roll dodge for 48,9 seconds with your MAIN (not secondary) resource pool
    STOP MISINFORMATION

Editing right now.
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reeko wrote: »

STOP MISINFORMATION

And you have to then switch to magicka regen focus instead of stamina which then wrecks your build anyway :)
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So in a dlc were dying is a bad thing because you lose currency, 1 out of 4 classes can easily escape while the other 3 can't.

'Balance'
    Going on a forum and complaining that a class is overpowered because it ran away from you.

'Not whining'

Yes, NBs excel in the Imperial City; that doesn't mean they're overpowered or they're broken; and if you're that concerned about escape in IC you can craft potions that grant you invisibility and movement speed. They last 10s iirc, more than enough to get out of dodge.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You stop making excuses?

Running out of valid point, resorting to sarcasm.

To be fast you need to run one of the sets that negate movement penalty in stealth - they are available to all classes and builds. Or you can roll vamp, which anyone can do too.

As for 8 counters to cloak... (and I assume I can't count the fact it still does not actually work right?)

- Flare and morphs.
    - Caltrops
    - Veil of blades
    - Talons (at least pretty sure about that)
    - Banner
    - Steelnado
    - Det Potions
    - Detection range armour sets
    - Impulse
    - Nova
    - That light thingy from the mage guild.

That's 11 and I could go on...

GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum