The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for a Atheist guild to join

geo-33b14_ESO
Hello to my ESO Family!
I'm Geo
47 yo/ male
Live in: Nash, Texas US
Been playing since beta, have had the eso plus from launch.
I'm looking for a non religious/Atheist guild to join so I can delve farther into the game without the obvious rl rants.
Currently focused on one char, level 36 mage.
I'm on weekdays between 4-9pm CDT & weekends at sporadic times all day (<-- depends on chores of course).
I've got TS downloaded and have used it with other mmo's.
A godless life is best.
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha what's an atheist guild? People who spend the whole time in TS talking about how God sucks and doesn't exist? You sure you don't want to throw politics into the mix? Now that sounds like a great gaming experience. :)
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • Cookiethief
    Cookiethief
    ✭✭✭
    Guys my autism meter is going through the roof!
    My biggest fear in life is, ending up marrying a girl who is lactose intolerant, think about it you would have to purchase double the amount of milk every week, cause you enjoy the goodness of full cream milk and she is drinking soy beans, and her milk takes up extra room in the fridge, or when you are doing a midnight run to the fridge to get a nice cup of milk and to accidentally pour some Soy milk. I couldn't imagine a worst way to do married life. - Barry Scott
  • saybrook1
    saybrook1
    Soul Shriven
    Is this a joke?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like someone doesn't know how to hide their power level
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Cookiethief
    Cookiethief
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder, does this game offend you cause it has 8 gods in it?
    My biggest fear in life is, ending up marrying a girl who is lactose intolerant, think about it you would have to purchase double the amount of milk every week, cause you enjoy the goodness of full cream milk and she is drinking soy beans, and her milk takes up extra room in the fridge, or when you are doing a midnight run to the fridge to get a nice cup of milk and to accidentally pour some Soy milk. I couldn't imagine a worst way to do married life. - Barry Scott
  • geo-33b14_ESO
    I hope it's safe to say all who are playing ESO know they're not real, so the answer is no.
    A godless life is best.
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    Advice: Might want to look into the LGBTQ+ guilds. They are generally pretty socially-aware about intolerance issues. They might have issues with the overly-combative attitude and offensive language in regard to people with mental disabilities, though.
    Edited by Speely on September 18, 2015 2:51AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wondering what an "obvious rl rant" is.

I too think it's kind of pointless to have an atheist guild, since there isn't a whole lot of religion (that I have ever seen) in either the game itself or in zone chat.

Maybe I've just been lucky.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • geo-33b14_ESO
    Speely wrote: »
    Adice: Might want to look into the LGBTQ+ guilds. They are generally pretty socially-aware about intolerance issues. They might have issues with the overly-combative attitude and offensive language in regard to people with mental disabilities, though.
    In game, I never speak of real life issues, that's kinda the point of playing, isn't it?
    I live in the "bible belt" and I'm confronted with these low IQ 30 year old 3 graders on a daily bases, I'd like to avoid all religious followers an their mental disorders.
    I know many in the LGB community, if I received an invite from one (if there is any), I'd gladly except.
    A godless life is best.
  • geo-33b14_ESO
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Just wondering what an "obvious rl rant" is.

I too think it's kind of pointless to have an atheist guild, since there isn't a whole lot of religion (that I have ever seen) in either the game itself or in zone chat.

Maybe I've just been lucky.
    I've looked at a few, all had religion mixed in, is the reason for this post.
    I don't want to be disruptive to any group or guild in game, but if I joined one I've looked into an the subject came up, I'd be truthful about my lack of belief, which in turn would cause unrest within the guild from me being questioned or like those who posted ignorant comments above.
    A godless life is best.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been here for ... heck over a year and a half and I've seen one guild that identified itself as Christian (here on the forum) nothing ingame.

I did not think that what @Lord Xanhorn posted was anything other than a good-natured observation that cheerful gaming is not the place for overtly "serious" topics - and it seemed to me that in a roundabout way he (or she, I suppose, though I doubt it) was agreeing with you.

I'm an RPer and happen to usually group with a person who is a die-hard athiest in RL. In-game his Nord is quite vocal about praising Akotosh and it's all in the spirit of good fun/roleplay.

I guess I'm not sure why/how one's belief, choices or pretty much anything from personal life would end up getting discussed in-game.

However being a recovering Christian myself, I would certainly avoid any overtly religious guild like the plague.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in the "bible belt" and I'm confronted with these low IQ 30 year old 3 graders on a daily bases, I'd like to avoid all religious followers an their mental disorders.

From reading your posts, it seems that the discomfort you try to avoid is not caused by other people's being intolerant with atheists but by you being disrespectful towards religious people.

Not sure what the "Bible belt" means, I just assume you suffer from a relatively intolerant religious environment IRL and I know this to be a cultural issue in some parts of the United States.

However, people from many different cultures play ESO and unless you join a guild that defines itself by its country of origin, you'll be in a cultural mix. So if you want my advice, don't start ranting at religious people like that, and just avoid the topic altogether.

• geo-33b14_ESO
    Disrespectful? Yes I am, but only after being polite an honest about my non belief, an hoping they'll leave it at that, in which most do not. That's when I purposely *** them off for badgering me, because some just will not let it go if you don't.
    A quick google search for "bible belt" will give you the answer, and you're correct in saying I live in an intolerant environment.
    I'd rather not debate any beliefs or there validity, and I feel it's rather disrespectful to me by posting these snide remarks that in no way answer my question or help me in my search.
    A godless life is best.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL I come here to get away from these exact issues and also the gay issues. This stuff does not need to be here in the forums or in game. Heck been here from beta and I have never seen anything from the religion crowd.

This is just way to funny. Take it to the back of the buss dude. :smiley:
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather not debate any beliefs or there validity, and I feel it's rather disrespectful to me by posting these snide remarks that in no way answer my question or help me in my search.

It's just that I don't have much to advise ! There are a few openly christian guilds and probably also a few jewish or muslim guilds as well, obviously you'll want to avoid those. But I don't know of any openly "atheist" guild. If I were in your situation I would browse guilds' websites and read their code of conduct : most of them just forbid religion at all as a discussion topic, for it is usually slippery. That should be enough for you.
    Should the topic arise anyway, I would just ignore it (that includes not even mentioning your own atheism, which just feeds the conversation further) until people change subjects.

I have yet to find a guild where people would NOT pollute the teamspeak chat all the time with their entire medical history (and their extended family's on the same occasion), believe me, that's MUCH harder than avoiding the topic "religion" :D

EDIT : Just thinking, depending on your playing schedule, you could possibly switch to the EU server. Without wanting to caricature US mentality/culture, we europeans usually consider religion as something private that is not meant to be imposed on anyone nor discussed with anyone except your very close friends and family. Therefore it's rarely an issue in european guilds.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 18, 2015 2:50PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys my autism meter is going through the roof!
    Why? There is nothing autistic about this thread.

I've never heard any "obvious rl rants", OP. Aside from that Christian guild dude, I know the religious beliefs of exactly two people in ESO. I assume a large part of my national guild is Catholic, but I don't remember it ever coming up in conversation. I don't know where you find these intolerant religious people, tbh. But good luck with your search. :)
  • delicioussalmon
    delicioussalmon
    Soul Shriven
    Nice! I'll totally join! I've been wanting to make an atheist guild myself it's a good way to keep out all the annoying trash, case and point all the people responding to this post. Thanks for getting the ball rolling. Add me for sure! @delicioussalmon
  • delicioussalmon
    delicioussalmon
    Soul Shriven
    Just realised that YOU were looking for an atheist guild rather than asking others if they wanted to join one. Me not so smart. Let me know if you find one and shoot me an invite.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** me, I don't believe in disbelief. So I'll pass
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Jokerz Fury
    Jokerz Fury
    ✭✭
    Just realised that YOU were looking for an atheist guild rather than asking others if they wanted to join one. Me not so smart. Let me know if you find one and shoot me an invite.
    Nice! I'll totally join! I've been wanting to make an atheist guild myself it's a good way to keep out all the annoying trash, case and point all the people responding to this post. Thanks for getting the ball rolling. Add me for sure! @delicioussalmon

BTW, instead of an "attempt" to get attention or stir up trouble, feel free to just edit your post. Thanks :)
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone proselytizing anything is annoying trash.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • caseycurtis89_ESO
    In all my years of gaming I've never come across a guild or made a group of friends where we discussed religion, politics, or any other "hot button" issues. I guess I've been fortunate or this guy has been EXTREMELY unfortunate to have come across so many of those kinds of people in game he would have to request it.

Question - Is there a chance that YOU might be the one bringing up the issue or topic of religion?

An example being a particular friend of mine who throws his Atheism in everyone's face at any opportunity. But then when someone enters the conversation even saying I believe in x religion but I also agree with what you are saying, suddenly it becomes a religious debate despite him claiming he hates religious debates.

Long story short if you don't want to discuss a topic don't even bring up the topic of you not wanting to discuss a topic. Not saying you do that, because I don't know you, just food for thought for you or anyone else.
    Edited by caseycurtis89_ESO on September 24, 2015 2:52PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say I've ever seen anyone in game go on religious rants. Just join a guild you find appealing, and if these topics arise too often then leave. No need to make a big song and dance about it - they are entitled to their opinions as we are entitled to think they are deluded.
  • Mluczy420
    Mluczy420
    Soul Shriven
    I like the idea of playing with like minded people, but I am on Xbox one. Let me know if you get on the console and we can start our own guild.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worse thing about this is you need to be in 5 guilds and he isn't going to find 5 of these. If you do find 1 good luck because you will make nothing just being in 1 guild.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I missed the memo about the rampant rise of religious guilds taking over ESO. But then again, I worship Cthulhu so -shrug- people in glass houses, you know.

Also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbB0QrBIs9k
    Edited by Cadbury on September 29, 2015 5:39PM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »
    Worse thing about this is you need to be in 5 guilds and he isn't going to find 5 of these. If you do find 1 good luck because you will make nothing just being in 1 guild.
    I've never been in five guilds at the same time. I'm currently in three, active in two of them.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder, does this game offend you cause it has 8 gods in it?

Only if you think those 8 gods are real, have followers that try to brainwash kids at an early age to accept them, and have an extensive history of violent actions towards everything that doesn't align with said faith systems beliefs.

I think OP is entitled to find people he associates better with in order to have fun playing with other humans .

If OP, you are still looking for a guild, I run a small pvp guild that is sister to the PVE guild Fire and Ice.
    I think you will find adults in Fire and Ice around the 30 year old mark that only bring game related information. Personal stuff is out of it.

Msg me in game @Minno
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual