The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Our Shield Breaker Arrows Will Blot Out The Sun!

Xeven
Xeven
✭✭✭✭✭
i7nXMaQ.jpg

iigMgGQ.jpg

RaN7WGl.jpg
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    i7nXMaQ.jpg

iigMgGQ.jpg

RaN7WGl.jpg

sorcs
    200.gif

Fixed it for you.
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I laughed irl. Solid post.
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome ;=)
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello darkness my old friend.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok NB starts of with a stealth crit, your instinct is to put up your protection to begin. Well that was a bad idea! Now unknowingly you set your self up for 4 light attacks and death, too bad you didn't even know you set your self up.

What the heck is a low health mage suppose to do? I just see a whole line of sorcs being unviable
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lord_Bidr
    Lord_Bidr
    ✭✭✭
    Araxleon wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3716hI8lkE

Fixed your post =P
    ~ The brightest lights often cast the darkest shadows. ~
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok NB starts of with a stealth crit, your instinct is to put up your protection to begin. Well that was a bad idea! Now unknowingly you set your self up for 4 light attacks and death, too bad you didn't even know you set your self up.

What the heck is a low health mage suppose to do? I just see a whole line of sorcs being unviable

Basically what your saying is, sorcerers. Which by definition are offensive magika users, simply sat there and spammed a shield to make them invincible, I mean, a dk for instance, or an Nb, or a templar wouldnt be able to do that.

Basically all the kids that decided spamming 2 buttons to win against 10 players at once are now moaning like kids that they can't do that, that they are now required to actively engage their brains to defend themselves, and have to make an actual choice between defensive and offensive.

Literially the game for sorcerers was, spam shield, then spam crystal frags when it proc for 20k damage, win.

I'm so happy from the salty tears, so so happy!

You want to heal? Play a healer perhaps? Like a templar? Hell look at the npc's for crying out loud! Tanks are DK'S, Assassins are Nb's mages deal huge damage but are weak, templars are healers...

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »

Basically what your saying is, sorcerers. Which by definition are offensive magika users, simply sat there and spammed a shield to make them invincible, I mean, a dk for instance, or an Nb, or a templar wouldnt be able to do that.

Basically all the kids that decided spamming 2 buttons to win against 10 players at once are now moaning like kids that they can't do that, that they are now required to actively engage their brains to defend themselves, and have to make an actual choice between defensive and offensive.

Literially the game for sorcerers was, spam shield, then spam crystal frags when it proc for 20k damage, win.

You want to heal? Play a healer perhaps? Like a templar? Hell look at the npc's for crying out loud! Tanks are DK'S, Assassins are Nb's mages deal huge damage but are weak, templars are healers...

You must be new here.

No, every class can and is supposed to be able to fill any role.

Besides that you are, of course, grossly exaggerating.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

You must be new here.

Umm. No he is not. Sorcs were broken. It literally was easy mode. I cannot believe sorcs are still denying that. But I am a Patriots fan. So I understand doing anything it takes to dominate. :)
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »
    ToRelax wrote: »

You must be new here.

Umm. No he is not. Sorcs were broken. It literally was easy mode. I cannot believe sorcs are still denying that. But I am a Patriots fan. So I understand doing anything it takes to dominate. :)

If you read my post, wich is really not that complicated, you should realize I wasn't even saying Sorc was not strong in 1.6...

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I will walk away totally unscathed in my heal stacking awesomeness.

kick_300_orig.jpg
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is how you spot the person who has never played a sorc before.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    i7nXMaQ.jpg

iigMgGQ.jpg

RaN7WGl.jpg

HAHAHA LOVE IT!!!!

• Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing blotting out the sun is the sheer number of shieldbreaker threads.

Actually, it's kind of similar to the number of nerf sorc threads after 1.6

And the number of threads complaining about how weak sorc was while 1.6 was on PTS.

And the reasons that make me question why I still come to the forums. They have become some weird facebook page for the 10-20 of you that create the majority of threads, posts, and look-at-me vids.
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    Allow crits & dots on shields, disable shield stacking, burn that set.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Basically what your saying is, sorcerers. Which by definition are offensive magika users, simply sat there and spammed a shield to make them invincible

Your ignorant, you can only cast the spell at 4 times before you run out of magicka. So if it's constantly getting taken out the sorcerer is already dead.

No people are angry because shield breaker does IRRESISTIBLE DAMAGE which is pure and UNMITIGATED for a 20 second shield that won't diminish the shield strength either.

Basically it kills the person with the shield faster then never having it on in the first place and that's not counting the group shields other classes use to help there group last longer in PvP either.

Eric Wrobel is punishing players for have a buff that absorbs damage so they won't use it.

That's not balance, that's vindictive hatred and clearly shows he is out of touch and needs to be taken off as lead combat designer.

If his idea of balancing a survival mechanic HE FORCED on LIGHT ARMOR MAGICKA SORCERERS is to reduce its strength in PvP by 50% and then create a set to give irresistible unmitigated from armor and spell resist PURE DAMAGE then he clearly is no longer fit to be employed in game design like an MMO.

Especially one concerning customers continually paying.

All I can figure out is he wants to force magicka sorcerers into stamina sorcerers, the damage is insane and because they can wear medium and heavy armor there survival and damage is far better then magicka can ever give.

Eitherway I am tired of his obviously biased changes against magicka DPS, not just for Sorcerers but other classes who like wearing light armor.

There motto will now be corrected as play as you want, but not cloth.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R0M2K wrote: »
    Allow crits & dots on shields, disable shield stacking, burn that set.

Shield stacking for sorcerer is Conjured ward and Annulment. Annulment does magical, so physical damage will tear through the shield. Also shields are about 50% weaker in PvP.

Actual stacking requires another class who can cast group shields and is designed that way which requires coordination.

Really the only people who have a problem with shield stacking are other magicka sorcerers.

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    How many threads do you want to create about this set? >.>

Adapt, then you will have no issue with this *** set.
    Edited by Alcast on September 12, 2015 1:08PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So respec stamina sorcerer Alcast?
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Wobble-Xarxes. Submit it as fan creation for ESO-live please !
    Jo'Khaljor
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    How many threads do you want to create about this set? >.>

Adapt, then you will have no issue with this *** set.

^ sorcs say its OP.
    Sorc: "oh no 2000 dmg to my health!! how ever will i deal with 15 to 20 light attacks. :P"
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like a list of abilities/armour buffs this set works on. I've been killed 3 times with it now and I don't use shields, not the magical kind anyway. I'm guessing it includes physical shields also?

I'm glad they're keeping the set in the game and with no nerf but I'd like to know which skill to ditch. Just hope it's not my Channeled Focus :(

Also does anyone know what happens when you hit Blazing Shield? Does it return unresistable damage back?
    PC EU
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The damage is irresistible I am going to say no.
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayebe its about the right time for the magical caster sorcerers to start coming to cyrodil with more than 15k HP, relying on their insane "all-out-magicka pool" for defense AND offense at the same time. Every other class and their respective Samina/Magicka builds actually use the other pool as well as some reasonable amount of HP.

My favourite sorc reasonings for nerfing/removing shied breaker set:

"4 (5,6,..) Light attacks killed me" - well, come to do some PvP with more that 14-16k HP, and move while when being attacked, dont stand and wait for yet another attack coming, you know we all have to do that. You play THE CLASS with the best mobility abilities in game.

"Shields are ONLY sorc's defense" - really? you can't roll or block? how so? I can do that on my magicka NB, and maybe invest a little in other stats than going nearly 50k magic

"Sorc doesn't have class heal, we have to rely on healing ward" - last time I checked my one year unplayed sorc he had a skill called Dark Exchange that trades stamina for HP and Magicka and self heal via critical hits with Surge on.

The set is fine. Good players will adapt ... "Best defense is a good offense" is very valid in case of sorcerer class more than enywhere else.

The set is fine.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »

Basically what your saying is, sorcerers. Which by definition are offensive magika users, simply sat there and spammed a shield to make them invincible

Your ignorant, you can only cast the spell at 4 times before you run out of magicka. So if it's constantly getting taken out the sorcerer is already dead.

No people are angry because shield breaker does IRRESISTIBLE DAMAGE which is pure and UNMITIGATED for a 20 second shield that won't diminish the shield strength either.

Basically it kills the person with the shield faster then never having it on in the first place and that's not counting the group shields other classes use to help there group last longer in PvP either.

Eric Wrobel is punishing players for have a buff that absorbs damage so they won't use it.

That's not balance, that's vindictive hatred and clearly shows he is out of touch and needs to be taken off as lead combat designer.

If his idea of balancing a survival mechanic HE FORCED on LIGHT ARMOR MAGICKA SORCERERS is to reduce its strength in PvP by 50% and then create a set to give irresistible unmitigated from armor and spell resist PURE DAMAGE then he clearly is no longer fit to be employed in game design like an MMO.

Especially one concerning customers continually paying.

All I can figure out is he wants to force magicka sorcerers into stamina sorcerers, the damage is insane and because they can wear medium and heavy armor there survival and damage is far better then magicka can ever give.

Eitherway I am tired of his obviously biased changes against magicka DPS, not just for Sorcerers but other classes who like wearing light armor.

There motto will now be corrected as play as you want, but not cloth.

Really? So 40-50k magika pools only allow you to cast the ability 4 times?

But seriously, tell me how me and 2 other players, were spamming heavy/light attacks and using every offensive ability known to man (2 templars and a nightblade) and all the sorc did was spam Shields, and use crystal frags whenever it proc?

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love you or Hate you....you deserved an awesome and got one.
    rofl.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting to equip my pocket nbs archers with this set.

The reason: shield stacking sorcs and shield stacking templar are my no 1 nemesis.

Spam healing? I use major defile.
    Pump up armor like crazy? Ransack + PoL
    Permablock? Caltrops + jabs that deal increased dmg to bloxing targets.
    Spam dmg shield- ????????

So yeah sorcs, you wont like it but it will happen.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stigant wrote: »
    Mayebe its about the right time for the magical caster sorcerers to start coming to cyrodil with more than 15k HP, relying on their insane "all-out-magicka pool" for defense AND offense at the same time. Every other class and their respective Samina/Magicka builds actually use the other pool as well as some reasonable amount of HP.

My favourite sorc reasonings for nerfing/removing shied breaker set:

"4 (5,6,..) Light attacks killed me" - well, come to do some PvP with more that 14-16k HP, and move while when being attacked, dont stand and wait for yet another attack coming, you know we all have to do that. You play THE CLASS with the best mobility abilities in game.

"Shields are ONLY sorc's defense" - really? you can't roll or block? how so? I can do that on my magicka NB, and maybe invest a little in other stats than going nearly 50k magic

"Sorc doesn't have class heal, we have to rely on healing ward" - last time I checked my one year unplayed sorc he had a skill called Dark Exchange that trades stamina for HP and Magicka and self heal via critical hits with Surge on.

The set is fine. Good players will adapt ... "Best defense is a good offense" is very valid in case of sorcerer class more than enywhere else.

The set is fine.

Most Sorcs have 19k-23k hp, sorry, most players.

Of course a good player utilizes block and dodge, but those can not be used a lot anymore after the nerf. Maybe you forgot you also had Cloak on your NB.

Dark Exchange is a joke as a heal, and at best capable of healing a fraction of the damage done by shieldbreaker. Surge requires to stay on the offense, wich makes you unable to use other healing spells thus won't save you either.

Of course good players will adapt, but that doesn't mean the game is balanced at all. A good player with shieldbreaker has a massive advantage fighting a magicka Sorcerer or any other build using shields. And most magicka builds use shields, with the Sorcs not even having an alternative.

So no - the set is not balanced at all currently. Curious wether you'll actually try to dispute my arguments...

• kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ToRelax

"A good player with shieldbreaker has a massive advantage fighting a magicka Sorcerer or any other build using shields."

This is obviously true. But that good player also has to make sacrifices for that advantage, do they not? Upon equipping that 5 piece, the player is suddenly at a disadvantage against anyone NOT using a shield (I love fighting shieldbreaker sets as I don't use that type of defense in my build).

I don't think this set is an "I win" button so much. It is more a counter to one type of defense. The player who chooses to counter shields must then deal with the consequences (fighting every other player without a 5 piece bonus at all).

Now perhaps the damage needs to be reduces a little bit. Or put on a 2-3 second cooldown? Or given a damage buff and put on a x% chance on ability cast or something.

I DO like the attempt to force Mag Sorcs to supplement their defenses with something besides shield spam, if that's what shieldbreaker was intended to do. I've had to adjust my playstyle A LOT with the dodge roll and speed nerfs, I'm excited to see how other classes and builds will deal.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Araxleon wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3716hI8lkE

Fixed your post =P

Fixed for you both

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X7aaUf5Fjw