The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Piercing Mark or Revealing flare?

Strider_Roshin
Strider_Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Which do my fellow Nightblades find to be most effective when fighting a magicka Nightblade?
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peircing Mark is the only thing you'll be able to rely upon but if they running purge and know how to use it you may as well forget it.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka NB here (for a while, not a recent hipster NB)...

I dislike being marked very much. I don't run with PURGE on my build (don't want to give up a slot for it). When I'm marked expect the cornered rat to come out fighting!

The trick for me is to evade the mark if possible, teleport striking multiple targets to disorient targeting with mobility, and popping preventive cloaks to avoid being targeted between attacks.

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really think the Flares are undervalued.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Piercing mark ftw. If they run purge = detectpot / radiant magelight.

If not, then enjoy fighting a ghost :D
    EU | PC
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that I dont need either, between lotus fan, sap, and bats. I use a detect pot if they get too far away.

As stamina steel tornado is great.
  • EliteGunner_PSN
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

(Note: not a NB fighting NBs) I completely agree. I run a support/healer a lot in PvP and I have found that keeping flare on my bar has saved myself and my small group(s) from being ganked too many times to count. Or when you know the NB is there but you can't quite target him due to dark cloak/dodge spam the flare prevents them from doing half of that and allows you to easily continue targeting them.

Of course, you really only need 1 person with flare in your group (no matter how large it is).

Now the debate for me is lingering or burning... I chose lingering which is nice, but the extra damage might be useful.
    Skooma Smugglers/Soulless Knights/Speed Dealers

V14 Templar Healer AD, PvP and PvE (who goes full healer in PvP anyway?)
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flare is undervalued and lingering is the best morph, as NB's can just purge the burning with dark cloak ( even if they can't remain hidden). Also as a magicka user the cost is quite manageable while maintaining 2-3 for a nice large stealth denial area.

As for NB vs NB, that's a no brainer, mark wins that debate.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scorching Flare does no damage, it seems.

NB vs NB is won by Flare. Mark is instantly Purged.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on September 9, 2015 4:56PM
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is good to know. I think I'll play around with Flare..
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka NB here (for a while, not a recent hipster NB)...

I dislike being marked very much. I don't run with PURGE on my build (don't want to give up a slot for it). When I'm marked expect the cornered rat to come out fighting!

The trick for me is to evade the mark if possible, teleport striking multiple targets to disorient targeting with mobility, and popping preventive cloaks to avoid being targeted between attacks.

I pop mist till it runs off as cant replie it then kill the nightblade first or use my speed to run only the nightblade can see me so keep your cool stay cloaked and watch to see who turns to you then kill him first
    Edited by chevalierknight on September 10, 2015 7:10AM
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scorching Flare does no damage, it seems.

NB vs NB is won by Flare. Mark is instantly Purged.

Flare only does damage to people in crouch-stealth. I get roasted by that on a regular basis. Of course, I'd doubt you actually had that problem, because you just perma-cloak around you lizard. :tongue:

I'd vote for Piercing Mark though. I have Radiant Magelight to hunt opposing Nightblades who try to get close, and that armor reduction is just so nice. Still, WTB old Mark Target

For those who can't remember how pre-1.6 mark looked like:
    caOWRNf.jpg
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the flying arc is to high and its velocity to low - so no its not undervalued. you can easily leave its area of effect as a NB when you as you normally do leave red circles before it impacts...
    Edited by Tankqull on September 10, 2015 7:38AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"