Maintenance for the week of September 2:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 2
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 3, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 4, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 4, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – September 4, 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why forcing PvE players to get farmed by PvP players?

Cherub
Cherub
Hey there,

I'm a little upset about Imperial City. The idea was great BUT it carries the idea of cyrodiil ad absurdum.
Now the zergs are fighting in IC, no one cares for the keeps or scrolls anymore. As PvE player (and sometimes PvP) I had preferred an option to choose whether to enter IC in PvP modus or PvE modus.

It can't be that hard to create another level for pve players, since I know Zenimax LOVES levels (always experiencing it in Deshaan. Walking 2 steps, loading screen new level, next 5 steps, loading screen new level ando so on).

So I guess the best compromise between PvP and PvE players would be the choosing option.Cyrodiil itself (I'll consider IC not as Cyrodiil for simplification) it should, of course, stay PvP.

How do u guys think about this choosing option of PvP or PvE entering IC?

Non native english speaker btw. be kind if my english doesn't always make sense ;)
Sorry for my bad english, but I'm no native speaker.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long time PvE player here, but I enjoy PvP as well. I worried a lot about ganking in the IC, but really, it's not awful and it's not really happening much. The changes in damage/healing have made surviving possible if you get ambushed. You're not going to survive a zerg, but there aren't that many zergs rolling around. The IC is new, people want to enjoy the content, that's why Cyrodiil seems empty. Once the new content loses its luster, Cyrodiil will be back to normal.
    Edited by ThePonzzz on September 6, 2015 8:04AM
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are soon getting Orsinium and lets now forget current way isnt going to last, the plan is still to remove VR-ranks, so dont bang your head against the wall, you only hurt yourself.

Btw, this didnt have zergs before IC? Lol.
    Edited by Sausage on September 6, 2015 8:04AM
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what struck me yesterday when I went to IC for the first time. You aren't getting farmed by pvp players.

Those massive zergs you see swarming through IC are PVE players PVPing in the only way they know how to play the game... which is the same way they PVE. PVPers don't find that fun... it's the exact reason we like PVP. We like the challenge and we don't like wasting time with big groups.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Huggalump wrote: »
    This is what struck me yesterday when I went to IC for the first time. You aren't getting farmed by pvp players.

Those massive zergs you see swarming through IC are PVE players PVPing in the only way they know how to play the game... which is the same way they PVE. PVPers don't find that fun... it's the exact reason we like PVP. We like the challenge and we don't like wasting time with big groups.
    Not all PvE players zerg in PvE. Some of have to game on their own. Please don't label us like that.
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not all PvE players zerg in PvE. Some of have to game on their own. Please don't label us like that.

Pvp players zerg too. Zerging is a common complaint on here, well before the IC arrived on the scene.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Cherub
    Cherub
    Well my experience was the total opposite. I went into Noble district and there were 12- 20 yellows (PvP rank 15 or higher) CAMPING under the pacts banner. When finally some blues came in (also 10 or more persons), you were able at least to jump down before getting farmed. Maybe I just had bad luck but it really sucks not being able to do quests without big groups...

Anyway an option would have been the choice for both parties, since everyone can play as he likes esp. if u can switch the mode of pve or pvp while reentering IC...

Sorry for my bad english, but I'm no native speaker.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Akavir_Sentinel bruh_by_floraaritcwolf-d8j7z1s.png

@Cherub Back to you, OP. The state of Cyrodil, and PVP in general right now is a mess. I expected there to be chaos and madness to ensue once the Imperial City dropped, but this? The current state its in right now? I didn't expect, nor did I think the developers at ZOS expected. All I can tell you is to try and join 1 of those zerg-esque groups, and do your absolute hardest to not get caught slipping (as in on your own, without a comrade or escape should things go 0-to-100 within seconds). If you can somehow do this, then I think you'll be alright. But as it is, the fellow PVE players are unfortunately food to the PVP beasts. It's like in the jungle, a tiger versus a deer out there in the Imperial City.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had several PVE peeps glue themselves to me when I'm in the sewers and freak out when they see an opposing alliance player. If you're solely PVE you can always ask around and join a group with PVPers who are in the same area you need. Most are nice and will help you out.

And not all PVErs zerg. I've seen perhaps 1 zerg of low rank people, the rest are all high rank - ie PVPers.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »

Pvp players zerg too. Zerging is a common complaint on here, well before the IC arrived on the scene.
    Indeed. I don't PvP for that reason...and also because I don't have decent gear or know how to survive. PvE all the way for me, I'm afraid.

Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »

Indeed. I don't PvP for that reason...and also because I don't have decent gear or know how to survive. PvE all the way for me, I'm afraid.

Tried pvp during the first 2 months of release. Could not get into the format in this game. Remember being one shot by a person 4 levels higher, wasn't a bother though as I knew what I was in for. If I joined pvp again, my expectation would be to become a walking target until adjusting/learning my class. Like you though, I stick to pve.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cherub wrote: »

The games developers have already said that this is a PvP update.

I enjoy both PvP and PvE so I'm enjoying the IC DLC a lot, but find it dilutes both aspects of play and separating the two would only make it worse.
    Edited by Zorgon_The_Revenged on September 6, 2015 8:33AM
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

orly..
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

5395642+_98060d87dd9cd970cd4ffcf77c88e565.jpg

This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys the zergs are easily avoidable. There are generally only a few in a large area.

Use eyes and ears and use invis pots.

Zergs are not a reason to avoid pvp.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    I'm strictly PvE and waiting for Orsinium. Sod the PvE content in PvP. We have to wait. Simple as that.

The up and coming Base Patch Horror on the other hand, not so good. Hopefully it will be fixed before us console players start flipping desks and screaming for change etc.

I really feel for the PC players.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Techlisp
    Techlisp
    ✭✭✭
    In Guild wars 2 we didn't face zergs, we faced blob's that would make the server groan. Following an organised group with a commander was always an amazing experience when that huge, mindless rabble just melted before you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H0URQsmUME

I miss you Desolation. :'(
    This post will not take you an unusually long time to read.

PS4. EU. EP.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple:

Forcing PVE players into PVP makes PLAYERS the "content."

Emergent PVP content created by players is cheaper than actual content, yet you can still charge for it.

Also, the devs are from DAoC and wanted to make a sequal to that instead of an Elder Scrolls game.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cherub wrote: »

The games developers have already said that this is a PvP update.

Actually if you read the official company material from Zenimax they make it clear the company sees it as both PvE and PvP - just 'cos a dev said something in a post here don't make it the official word from Zenimax.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually if you read the official company material from Zenimax they make it clear the company sees it as both PvE and PvP - just 'cos a dev said something in a post here don't make it the official word from Zenimax.

Which to me is a pretty lazy excuse for PVE content. I don't begrudge the PVP players their content, they waited a long time for it which is exactly what I will probably be doing for Orsinium.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zo$ promised IC way back when. Their decisions to release it in the format that it is was decided way back when as well. There will be changes and tweeks to IC in the future. Have some patience and wait grasshopper.