The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magicka DK needs an execute

MaximillianDiE
MaximillianDiE
✭✭✭✭
Our damage is fine as its decent sustain with whips, and stacked dots, however the number of times I've got someone to really low health and have them heal/vigour/shield straight back up to full as can't push that final amount is getting really frustrating. An execute would make a world of difference as right now.
Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
Maximillian AD [[DiE]
Retired
  • Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have one, Molten Armaments. It's extremely powerful, if you can complete a full heavy attack without being CCd or the person roll dodging... or blocking... or mist forming... or cloaking...

Oh, right... it's useless.
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    Tank And Spank - DragonKnight
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I could probably get past all the not-so-great skills for my magicka DK if Molten Armaments was an instant cast execute ability... I don't think it's a lot to ask for, honestly.
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    dragons leap, dawnbreaker or 3rd choice soul assault- main choices I see if you have the time before you die..
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    puffy99 wrote: »
    dragons leap, dawnbreaker or 3rd choice soul assault- main choices I see if you have the time before you die..

Ultimates cost ultimate, they're hardly executes.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paradox wrote: »
    We have one, Molten Armaments. It's extremely powerful, if you can complete a full heavy attack without being CCd or the person roll dodging... or blocking... or mist forming... or cloaking...

Oh, right... it's useless.

Yep and its just as bad in PvE now because of the full heavy requirement. You either get ccd, red circled, have to block, or boss dies while your still charging. Whoever made this, and then nerfed it in 1.7 is working in a vacuum, even worse they are just flat out not hearing any of our feedback, through two PTS's completely ignored.

No idea why this change was needed, especially after all the feedback on the original. Apparently we were "having fun...incorrectly."
    Edited by Armitas on September 4, 2015 4:42PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1

Molten armaments will most likely not be on my bar anymore ZOS basically took a useful skill and threw it in the trash. And it's the execute gg. Templars can do 20k+ damage in <1 second with radiant oppression, DK execute take 2.5s to even charge and it's not continuous like RO #where'sthebalance @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_JasonLeavey @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by Cuyler on September 4, 2015 2:48PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get whoever gave templars a Farsight XR20 laser rifle to redo this execute?
    Edited by Armitas on September 4, 2015 3:54PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they revert the changes to Molten Weapons/morphs (I probably got the skill name wrong). I loved medium attack weaving.
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea, something like this comes to mind for DK's

Z0dQzFn.jpg
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »
    I like the idea, something like this comes to mind for DK's

Z0dQzFn.jpg

Ah that reminds of this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya2AIA6sn5I

Would love to see Pandas fix happen for DK chains.
    Yonkit wrote: »
    Fire Torrent - Encase yourself in flames and flash to your enemy, knocking them down and stunning them for 2s. Deals 2k fire damage at base value, same cost as chains. Same range as every other charge/teleport, 24m. (Think of it as bolt escape for Dks, but it's fire instead of lightning, and requires a target. It would fall under a teleport ability and and not a charge.)
    Edited by Armitas on September 4, 2015 4:46PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Molten Armaments is now a DPS loss in PvE...Even with weighted it's a huge dps loss. Thanks a lot, this is exactly what the DK needed.
    Edited by Armitas on September 5, 2015 11:11AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon, every buff in the game will require a fully charged heavy attack. Start practicing.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon, every buff in the game will require a fully charged heavy attack. Start practicing.

I hope not. I literally caved in my left mouse button from overpressing to regenerate magicka using my resto staff. It's a cheapo mouse, but still
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

I hope not. I literally caved in my left mouse button from overpressing to regenerate magicka using my resto staff. It's a cheapo mouse, but still

If you have another cheapo mouse the buttons are swappable with a soldering iron. I saved a 60 dollar discontinued mouse with that.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Molten Armaments is now a DPS loss in PvE...Even with weighted it's a huge dps loss. Thanks a lot, this is exactly what the DK needed.

Molten armaments needs to be scrapped and replaced. It's awful. Why can't it just be a static spell, fir, or wpn dmg buff?

Same with inferno. Talk about redundant and useless.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that it's a dps loss in execute phase should tell how bad it is, it was an actual good ability in 1.5 and slowly is being made worse
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm really not liking my magika DK now that i rolled a sorc. No execute, limited ranged dps and the dark elf extra fire dmg doesn't go as far as I thought. Oh well he is a champ of a crafter lulz
  • Kahen40k
    Kahen40k
    ✭✭
    Can we just have it back like it was in 1.5 and maybe add some extra damage on target below 25%? Or let it last like 30 sec and work on medium weaving, because now is notthing more than a waste of a skill point
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    The other thing while we are at it that would be useful would be a working gap closer as chains is so buggy when it works its a lottery as to where you end up. I'm actually liking my magicka DK - great dps, but the lack of an execute and a reliable gap closer which doesn't require s&b or 2hander - which are both better suited to a stam build.
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Replace the molten BS with an actual execute, and trash the empowered morph of chains for a magicka gap closer like the Templar one

rip decibel
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Molten Armaments isn't useless I gotten some pretty awesome kills with it in Cyrodiil resently. You just need to know how to use it correctly. But it could use to some buffs like maybe both light and heavy attacks get the bonus and maybe cost less or have a stamina morph.
  • Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Molten Armaments isn't useless I gotten some pretty awesome kills with it in Cyrodiil resently. You just need to know how to use it correctly. But it could use to some buffs like maybe both light and heavy attacks get the bonus and maybe cost less or have a stamina morph.

We are the only class without a real execution skill. We need something useful, not some PoS ability that takes more than 2 seconds to cast.
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    Tank And Spank - DragonKnight
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    puffy99 wrote: »

Ultimates cost ultimate, they're hardly executes.

Dks have the best ulti regen in the game & the best class ultimates - true story
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah that reminds of this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya2AIA6sn5I

Would love to see Pandas fix happen for DK chains.

Had not seen that before. So damn true. I stopped putting a point into chains because the skill has been worthless for over a year now.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have another cheapo mouse the buttons are swappable with a soldering iron. I saved a 60 dollar discontinued mouse with that.

Hah, thanks for the tip. I'm currently short a soldering iron and another mouse. I'm so cheap I just rest the button back on there, so it sometimes comes off during a fight which can be rather beneficial to my opponent.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We are the only class without a real execution skill. We need something useful, not some PoS ability that takes more than 2 seconds to cast.

I know but Molten Armaments isn't as bad as some are saying but yes it does need some boost like reduce cost last longer (with out having to morph it to the other one) and applie both to light and heavy attacks that way you can say use light bow attacks for that rapid fire power attacks.... plus you can stack that with the Champion system expert passive which is what I am doing.

10% boost to bladed weapons heavy attacks + Gold level Greatsword + rally 20% weapon boost + that 190% damage bonus VS -50% health enemies can deal some serious damage plus 2H passive follow up boost your following light attack up buy another 20% can finish off the person before they can heal.
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭

I know but Molten Armaments isn't as bad as some are saying but yes it does need some boost like reduce cost last longer (with out having to morph it to the other one) and applie both to light and heavy attacks that way you can say use light bow attacks for that rapid fire power attacks.... plus you can stack that with the Champion system expert passive which is what I am doing.

10% boost to bladed weapons heavy attacks + Gold level Greatsword + rally 20% weapon boost + that 190% damage bonus VS -50% health enemies can deal some serious damage plus 2H passive follow up boost your following light attack up buy another 20% can finish off the person before they can heal.

Yes we know stamina DKs have access to an effective finisher in the 2H. Magicka DKs do not yet unfortunately.
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes we know stamina DKs have access to an effective finisher in the 2H. Magicka DKs do not yet unfortunately.

? I didn't mention anything about stamina DKs or the execute skill from the 2H skill line. You can still have a massive boost to heavy attacks from Molten Armaments with the expert passives in the Champion system. So say a extra 10% staff damage plus that 190% is a 200% heavy attack damage boost and stack that with any penetration passives and that can be a very effective execute.
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭

? I didn't mention anything about stamina DKs or the execute skill from the 2H skill line. You can still have a massive boost to heavy attacks from Molten Armaments with the expert passives in the Champion system. So say a extra 10% staff damage plus that 190% is a 200% heavy attack damage boost and stack that with any penetration passives and that can be a very effective execute.

Yeah sorry - I misread what you are doing to be part of your comment in relation to the lack of an execute as a whole.

Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah sorry - I misread what you are doing to be part of your comment in relation to the lack of an execute as a whole.

Tis ok my friend but the point does stand Molten Armaments can be a very good execute but you do need to meet some silly standers such as I said of a gold level Greatsword with atleast 10% bonus damage from the Atronach skill line with the experts passives with a 20% weapon boost from rally. Helps stamina and melee DKs and I guess maybe magic DKs if you do it right.

Like me being a mostly a Stamina user I can't exactly spam molten armaments every time it wears off which is every 9 seconds.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on September 8, 2015 1:35AM