The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Let's cut the crap. How do PvPrs feel being FORCED to PvE?

• Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind one bit, and quite frankly, grinding out a million plus AP on just four pieces at VR14 is absolutely ridiculous and gets quite repetitive.

Change is good as it keeps things fresh.

I'm in love with PVP, but even so, anything can get boring if you do too much of it.

Bring on the apparent forced PVE! I could care less.

Yikes, double post, sorry!
    Edited by Eshelmen on September 4, 2015 1:50AM
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually agree that PvP'ers shouldn't have to PvE, and I say that as a 100% PvE player.

I think that PvP players should have the ability to level up through PvP, gain their abilities and skill points through PvP and I think they should be able to gain the best PvP focused gear through PvP. All without ever having to PvE at all.

I think that there should be no requirement for PvP people to ever have to step into the PvE areas.

If ZOS implemented this then I would be happy as a clam.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it isn't because I have any particular interest in making PvP'ers happy, or looking out for either their welfare or enjoyment.

It is because if that was the case then I wouldn't have to encounter people with attitudes similar to the one I quote below in this game ever. Ever.

So, please please please, ZOS. Give the PvP'ers all the access to progression and gear that they are asking for.... and get them the **** away from me!
    Rylana wrote: »
    Overall this is a PVE game with some PVP elements to it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH no.

I was waiting for this *** comment. This is a PvP game, was always marketed as one, and contains extremely poorly constructed PvE mechanics to satisfy the casual carebear that might not play it otherwise. Busy work, and some of the easiest PvE content ive ever seen in a AAA mmo, just to keep the soft stomached engaged in something to do while the real demographic tears each other apart in Cyro.

The Alliance War is literally the focus of the entire game, from story to setting. Hell even the choice of a faction as the start is a crucial piece leading to PvP, which side you represent.

So dont be giving me that drivel.

• likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    I actually agree that PvP'ers shouldn't have to PvE, and I say that as a 100% PvE player.

I think that PvP players should have the ability to level up through PvP, gain their abilities and skill points through PvP and I think they should be able to gain the best PvP focused gear through PvP. All without ever having to PvE at all.

I think that there should be no requirement for PvP people to ever have to step into the PvE areas.

If ZOS implemented this then I would be happy as a clam.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it isn't because I have any particular interest in making PvP'ers happy, or looking out for either their welfare or enjoyment.

It is because if that was the case then I wouldn't have to encounter people with attitudes similar to the one I quote below in this game ever. Ever.

So, please please please, ZOS. Give the PvP'ers all the access to progression and gear that they are asking for.... and get them the **** away from me!
    Rylana wrote: »
    Overall this is a PVE game with some PVP elements to it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH no.

I was waiting for this *** comment. This is a PvP game, was always marketed as one, and contains extremely poorly constructed PvE mechanics to satisfy the casual carebear that might not play it otherwise. Busy work, and some of the easiest PvE content ive ever seen in a AAA mmo, just to keep the soft stomached engaged in something to do while the real demographic tears each other apart in Cyro.

The Alliance War is literally the focus of the entire game, from story to setting. Hell even the choice of a faction as the start is a crucial piece leading to PvP, which side you represent.

So dont be giving me that drivel.

Quoted for great justice and overwhelming truth
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    They should simply bring out ONE campaign and have it as (PvE ONLY) so those of us who just want to do IC content, kill mobs, do the quests, we can do them in the comfort of a non PvP zone. And all the other campaigns will remain PvP. That is ALL we PvEers are asking for. ONE NON-PVP campaign to enter into IC and do the content. Cyrodill can remain PvP up to the point it comes time to enter the sewers if you want. I don't care. But if we had a choice prior to entering IC to be a Non PvP zone, then that would end all this conflict and arguments. Those who wish to PvP will still get their PvP, but those who want to do some quests, kill mobs... we can do them in peace. We will get far less stones but at least we get to keep what we earnt through killing mobs, quests and what not. It wouldn't be a difficult thing to implement and if they had this, i am sure many many more PvEers would purchase the DLC for IC. Its just a thought.

A girl can dream...right?
    Edited by Adryssa_Joneley on September 4, 2015 5:27AM
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I hate having to PVE to level and get good Gear for PVP.While I am on Consoles so I haven't had to do this for a year Grinding PVE gear to be good in PVP.If they can fixed it so you can get max level from only during PVP then this game will be great.
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear, no one said that PvE was hard. The reason PvPers hate PvE is that once you figure out the mechanics of the NPC's, running dungeons repetitively to get gear is incredibly dull and tedious. After I've run the same dungeon 10+ times in a row trying to get the gear I want (and not having a single thing drop) I start to question why I even bothered in the first place. PvPers hate PvE because at best, it's boring and repetitive, at worst, it's soul-crushing to come to the realization that you've just wasted hours of time that could have been spent doing any number of more enjoyable things and you've got nothing to show for it.

At this point, this isn't even an attempt to run to the forums QQing about something I disagree with. I'm just being honest with you all and with myself when I say that I genuinely do not enjoy playing this game because all of these new mechanics have sucked all of the life out of it. I unsubbed because I've been made to do something I hate enough times because of a teeny tiny chance I might get something I really want, but I keep not being rewarded for my efforts. I really just don't care anymore. I don't want your stupid fancy gear or crown xp pots anymore. I've put in so much time and money into this game and it's moving further and further away from the thing that I once found enjoyable. You want money ZOS? Make it ***ing worth it then.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    In order to obtain the best gear in game, dungeons will have to be ran. This is much different than before when crafted gear and AP gear was just as good if not better than dropped gear. As things stand, the TV stone gear obtained through pvp and grinding will not provide the same level of competitiveness.

How do I feel? I'm making the adjustment. I've made a pve build, ran a couple dungeons, and even joined a pve centric guild (Thanks for the inv!).

What bothers me is seeing all these post about PvE only players being forced to pvp. That is simply not the case. They can continue their normal dungeon/trial routine uninhibited unlike the pvp only player who will now be spending a lot of time in dungeons to achieve the same level of competitiveness they once could gain by partaking in pvp, their preferred activity.

How do you feel?

That's just... I just... ummmm, LOUD NOISES! WHY ARE WE YELLING!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • MyM16sHot
    MyM16sHot
    ✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    In order to obtain the best gear in game, dungeons will have to be ran. This is much different than before when crafted gear and AP gear was just as good if not better than dropped gear. As things stand, the TV stone gear obtained through pvp and grinding will not provide the same level of competitiveness.

How do I feel? I'm making the adjustment. I've made a pve build, ran a couple dungeons, and even joined a pve centric guild (Thanks for the inv!).

What bothers me is seeing all these post about PvE only players being forced to pvp. That is simply not the case. They can continue their normal dungeon/trial routine uninhibited unlike the pvp only player who will now be spending a lot of time in dungeons to achieve the same level of competitiveness they once could gain by partaking in pvp, their preferred activity.

How do you feel?

Hmm i'm on PS4 and am highly anticipating the release of IC. Won't PVE players have to encounter occasional PVP during PVE questing? That's what I understand...

VR8 Dumner Nightblade PS4-NA-DC
    lvl12 Imperial Dragonknight PS4-NA-EP
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that the OP mentioned the horrible RNG on trying to get your new set, something PvP and PvE can get behind addressing. But instead people focus on fighting each other.

All the good new sets appearing from the PvE RNG system is a bit confusing to me, I would have assumed they would appear in IC, not a 4 man instance.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well said, OP.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Thecapeo
    Thecapeo
    ✭✭✭
    They should simply bring out ONE campaign and have it as (PvE ONLY) so those of us who just want to do IC content, kill mobs, do the quests, we can do them in the comfort of a non PvP zone. And all the other campaigns will remain PvP. That is ALL we PvEers are asking for. ONE NON-PVP campaign to enter into IC and do the content. Cyrodill can remain PvP up to the point it comes time to enter the sewers if you want. I don't care. But if we had a choice prior to entering IC to be a Non PvP zone, then that would end all this conflict and arguments. Those who wish to PvP will still get their PvP, but those who want to do some quests, kill mobs... we can do them in peace. We will get far less stones but at least we get to keep what we earnt through killing mobs, quests and what not. It wouldn't be a difficult thing to implement and if they had this, i am sure many many more PvEers would purchase the DLC for IC. Its just a thought.

Except everyone would be in that zone, even the PvPers, until they have every last piece of gear available. You would get far, far more stones as there would be no chance to lose them. In other words it would defeat the whole purpose of the DLC.

• MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭

Dumbest idea ever. Enough said.