The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help in deciding armor type. (Heavy or light)

Fonzy
Fonzy
Soul Shriven
You could say I'm still new. I am a level 14 Imperial Templar and currently using sword and shield and I focus a lot on magic and am considering using destruction staffs as my main weapon instead. I am currently wearing heavy armor for the most part and two light. I understand that heavy gives bonuses to health and light to magic and so I would like to go full light armor but I also don't want to keep dying. What should I invest skill points and experience into? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 light for PvP Magicka build in 1.7. 6 or 7 for PvE.
    PC EU
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you want to run light. Heavy is pretty much useless. With patch 1.7, light armour is going to be even better and heavy will be obselete.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Fonzy
    Fonzy
    Soul Shriven
    So it's worth going full light and also that would involve changing my crafting. I am only focusing on PvE for now.
  • Blackheart0129
    What role do you want to focus on?

For Tanking you can go all 7 heavy armor, for magika based go for 7 light armor, and if you want to be a stamina dps go for 7 medium.

Now while leveling up from 1-50 its best to have one light, one medium, and one heavy armor at least. This way you can level them up evenly and have the ability to actually change to whatever armor you want without the need to level them up.
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fonzy wrote: »
    So it's worth going full light and also that would involve changing my crafting. I am only focusing on PvE for now.

in PvE you can get away with being naked until vr14 so dont worry too much for the leveling experience. Anything you choose you can use. But like i said, heavy armour is becoming pretty useless next patch. Once you get to end game you should reevalute what you want to do and go from there.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Fonzy
    Fonzy
    Soul Shriven
    Okay, thank you.
  • Blackheart0129
    Wait how is going full heavy going to be useless?