The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Nightblade Sword and Board

21jws10
21jws10
✭✭✭
I like PvP, I like my builds to feel quite tough, so I use one hand and shield, I end up quite tanky usualy, what abilities would you recommend I try out? Also I get confused whether to go stamina or magicka, seems to be stamina can be better sometimes. I was thinking of using brute to cut the costs of CC break, not sure though.
PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immovable brute is ok, use defensive stance, swallow soul, maybe struct entropy, circle of protection, doubletake/mirage, lots of good choices, possibly refreshing path
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    @kaithuzar refreshing path is safe in PvP? I'm unsure about the balance, as a lot of the NB abilities cost Magicka so IDK what to put stuff in.
    PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since IC is dropping today, I'll tell you what I'm doing:
    5 heavy willows path (going to make gold v15), 3 light arch-mage (neck is 3rd piece), however, you can swap arch-mage for another set of your choosing 3 storm knight or even the v10 lord's mail is nice.
    With this setup & drinks I can get 3k magic regen & 2k stam regen
    I'm using sp dmg mundus, but you can pick the mundus & enchants you like, I'm putting 1 magic regen & 2 sp dmg on my jewelry.
    I'm trying to think of a way to get around being hit by shield breaker while my bubble shield healing ward is on, so maybe I won't use healing ward resto & I'll swap to sword & board back bar. I wish I had a master one handed sword I could then use puncture with storm knight shield but since I don't I'll use v10 lord's mail sword & shield for off bar with vigor & swallow soul for healing; probably.
    I use double swords nirnhoned for the my main weapons to kill stuff.

I think infused on all armor will be the best, & prismatic enchants once we get them. Maybe prismatic on small pieces (belt, gloves, etc..) & just normal magic or stam enchants on main pieces (head, chest, legs) or vice versa, not sure what's best.
    I am going vampire with bats on sword & board or resto bar.
    Personally I don't use refreshing path, I was just throwing that out there as something to test.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Since IC is dropping today, I'll tell you what I'm doing:
    5 heavy willows path (going to make gold v15), 3 light arch-mage (neck is 3rd piece), however, you can swap arch-mage for another set of your choosing 3 storm knight or even the v10 lord's mail is nice.
    With this setup & drinks I can get 3k magic regen & 2k stam regen
    I'm using sp dmg mundus, but you can pick the mundus & enchants you like, I'm putting 1 magic regen & 2 sp dmg on my jewelry.
    I'm trying to think of a way to get around being hit by shield breaker while my bubble shield healing ward is on, so maybe I won't use healing ward resto & I'll swap to sword & board back bar. I wish I had a master one handed sword I could then use puncture with storm knight shield but since I don't I'll use v10 lord's mail sword & shield for off bar with vigor & swallow soul for healing; probably.
    I use double swords nirnhoned for the my main weapons to kill stuff.

I think infused on all armor will be the best, & prismatic enchants once we get them. Maybe prismatic on small pieces (belt, gloves, etc..) & just normal magic or stam enchants on main pieces (head, chest, legs) or vice versa, not sure what's best.
    I am going vampire with bats on sword & board or resto bar.
    Personally I don't use refreshing path, I was just throwing that out there as something to test.

Thanks for posting. That build seems like it has good sustain, but not very high damage. Given the new changes, 5pc Kagnerac's Hope could be interesting depending on how much damage it provides. Elf Bane set can be found at V14 (over Storm Knight's V12) and provides 2 spell damage bonuses on Heavy Armor. For my PvP build, I'm working on a magicka melee 1h/shield and Dual Wield setup, so there's lots of options now (though frustratingly few good ones that include jewelry and shield).
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden