The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO+ members lose craft bags on un-sub?

Phinix1
Phinix1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
One of the things mentioned on ESO Live was that at some point subscribers will get special bags to store crafting stuff separate from regular inventory to save space.

My question is what happens if you UN-sub with a full crafting bag?

Will your mats be locked in there until you re-sub? Will it be like a guild bank that loses members and you can still withdraw just not deposit? Will it just dump it all into your normal inventory or mail and if your inventory is full, then what?

Also, this has been requested since launch, to have a "collections" bank like GW2 where crafting stuff goes, separate from normal inventory but accessible at crafting stations. Is this really something that should require an active sub to enjoy?

I understand wanting to add value incentive to the sub, but is it really necessary to make simple game improvements like this pay only?
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of Subs getting a crafting bag. That adds a bit more value to the subscription, and crafting mats clog my bank and inventory more than anything else.

As for what happens when you unsub? I'd imagine you loose access to ADD mats to your bag, but still be able to remove them at least.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • psychojudge
    psychojudge
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they will do it the same way as with the guild bank.
    That seems the only good way the go.
  • theoak1ey
    theoak1ey
    Did they say how many mats you can put in the bags? Personally I don't see the need to have anymore bank/inventory slots once you max it out but I can understand they are a lot of players who haven't got half of the bank space you can get
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap, nice. ESO subbers were asking for more space for crafting and I guess they listened. Feels good!
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    I understand wanting to add value incentive to the sub, but is it really necessary to make simple game improvements like this pay only?

Yes, absolutely. At the moment the only thing keeping me subbing is to support the game. There's nothing else included that really benefits me. It's a fantastic idea because it's not going to meddle with balance (p2w), and it's a good way of saying "Thanks for subscribing - here's a small, but useful gift". ESO+ really needed something else to entice, and this is a move in the right direction.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they will do it the same way as with the guild bank.
    That seems the only good way the go.
    Yeah, it seems like this would be the only logical way to do it. So once you unsub you can still withdraw anything that's in the craft bag, but you lose the ability to deposit.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will your mats be locked in there until you re-sub? Will it be like a guild bank that loses members and you can still withdraw just not deposit? Will it just dump it all into your normal inventory or mail and if your inventory is full, then what?

Also, this has been requested since launch, to have a "collections" bank like GW2 where crafting stuff goes, separate from normal inventory but accessible at crafting stations. Is this really something that should require an active sub to enjoy?

There is ample justification for them to link this to ESO Plus.

I think that, while subbed, the player should get full access to these bags by whatever means obtained. When not subscribed, the player loses the ability to put items into the bags, including on stacks already there, but can withdraw items.

This preserves the materials in the bag against subscription lapses while allowing the player to access those materials after the subscription ends.

Yes, there is somewhat of an exploit for hoarders who will dump thousands of materials into the bag over 30 days and then just let them sit there.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Blackhorne
    Blackhorne
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the things mentioned on ESO Live was that at some point subscribers will get special bags to store crafting stuff separate from regular inventory to save space.

Molag Bal empties your crafting bag and vomits fire over the contents.
    Is this really something that should require an active sub to enjoy?
    Yes. This is something which is not required, but can alleviate pain points. That is exactly what is needed to reward those who pay regularly to play.
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing it would be like the access to all the DLC.

It's "free" if you keep your sub, but when you unsub, you loose that privilege.

And, yes, you would receive your items; just loose the bag space.
    Edited by Inactive Account on August 29, 2015 4:18PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So out of all the options they could add to ESO+ they add something that could be monetized to kingdom come? Interesting choice.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe ZOS should start advertising their monthly subs like the animal shelter or starving kids donation commercials.
    "For just 50 cents a day, you can help feed a starving ZOS staff member.
    Just $15 per month, and you can help provide food, healthcare and clean drinking water.
    Call now, and receive these 1500 Crowns, a 10% progression bonus and all future DLC... For free."
    Or...
    "Help ZOS staff in need, help rescue them from being beaten, tortured and caged, not knowing what a loving home feels like."
    NA, PC Megaserver
    Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
    (Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was there any mention of how far out this (wonderful) change is? I unsubbed a few days ago because of my discontent with a variety of changes in the IC DLC and because there was no incentive for me to stay subbed on 2 (of 4) accounts. I will gladly sub again, but not if this is 6 months away. :persevere:
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    So out of all the options they could add to ESO+ they add something that could be monetized to kingdom come? Interesting choice.

Gee it's almost as if they were TRYING to incentivize subbing.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it was an interesting selection. People want bag space and are willing to pay for it. They could have sold upgrades individually in the Crown Store, and I am sure people would have purchased them.

On the other hand, people are also saying that there are not enough incentives to subscribe to ESO Plus and are asking for more reasons. Additional bag space being one of those suggestions, along with many others.

Personally, I like this idea.
    Edited by Elsonso on August 30, 2015 2:54PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would you rather they added something nobody wants? That would surely encourage people to sub!
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blackhorne wrote: »
    Molag Bal empties your crafting bag and vomits fire over the contents.

Fire if you are lucky...
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Gee it's almost as if they were TRYING to incentivize subbing.

Novel concept...

Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Relmyna
    Relmyna
    ✭✭
    I really hope we get this soon. I'm really sick of the inventory management mini game. My bank is completely full with crafting mats, plus I have several mules to hold more crap.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relmyna wrote: »
    I really hope we get this soon. I'm really sick of the inventory management mini game. My bank is completely full with crafting mats, plus I have several mules to hold more crap.

You know, you could throw out, or sell, all of those unused crafting materials, right?

I am actively doing crafting for every craft and I don't even have a maxed out bank and, while I have alts, all of them are active alts being leveled up. They are not mules. I only need to store the few materials that are necessary for the level that the crafter is at, or whatever needs to be created, for those crafters no longer leveling.