The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about installing the Public Test Server.

Kuroinu
Kuroinu
✭✭✭✭✭
I currently have ESO installed on my SSD, but I will not have sufficient space to install the PTS here. I do however use a HDD for storage purposes and various games I don't play as often, but I didn't see an option from the Launcher to select which drive I want to install the PTS on.

My question is: If I have installed ESO on my SSD, can I install the PTS on my HDD?

Best Answer

• SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have Live on SSD
    I have PTS on another.
    Here's what you do.
    First turn off auto update on Launcher in its settings.
    Now go to your account and download a NEW Launcher ( or copy old ones file, I downloaded one) to your NEW location.
    You need TWO launchers.
    Un tick auto update on this one as well. From now on, on Mondays, you'll be doing manual updates.
    Now, use the New launcher to download just the PTS to your new location.
    I renamed my launchers shortcuts on my desktop to Live and PTS. Alternatively you can just use the actual GAME exe and rename them on your desktop.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
    Answer ✓
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two possibilities here but since I don't have two clients installed I wouldn't know which will be needed.

If the Launcher allows you to select where you want to install a client, ie. when you click the Install option for the PTS, then I'd expect you to be able to select your HDD and achieve what you want without fuss.

If you don't get given the option then there's still a way.

To do this you'd need to temporarily make enough room on your SSD to allow the PTS to be installed there, then copy that tree to your HDD and use the MKLINK command on your ESO tree on the SSD to point to the PTS on your HDD. Doing that will mean the Launcher thinks the PTS is on your SSD when in fact it's on the HDD.

A tad fiddly but something I use a lot and it works perfecty for this sort of thing .. but maybe ZOS allow you to select where you want the game clients so none of that would be necessary.

Edited by KerinKor on August 27, 2015 8:09AM