Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What skills to block/dodge/interrupt

coolatypb16_ESO
coolatypb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
sup everyone,

im pretty new to the game. im still a little confused about dodging, blocking and interrupting because i feel like every skill has a different counter.

Radiant Destruction
Surprise Attack
Crystal Fragments
Lethal Arrow
NB Fear
Snipe
Dawnbreaker
Lava Whip
Steel Tornado

these are the skills that im confronted with most of the time. It would be super helpful to have a liste like

Radiant Destruction: block y dodge n interrupt y and so on (not even sure about this one..)

I would really appreciate if some1 could do this for the skills above !

Thanks and greetz

Greg
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean you have found that combat isnt intuitive and instinctive and you need a user manual to avoid damage ?
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • coolatypb16_ESO
    coolatypb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    kind of yes.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    use
    /feedback in chat and let ZOS know.
    I agree.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • ArchAngeI-X
    ArchAngeI-X
    ✭✭
    For radiant, dark cloak if a nightblade. If not, use alliance war skill purge. Another option is to interrupt by bashing, but is costly. Best way is to use a ranged interrupt skill (crushing shock, venom arrow)

Surprise attack, block? Not sure about this being dodge-able.

Crystal frags block, interrupt during cast time. Reflect if you are a DK or use defensive posture, dodge before the little purple rock smashes you.

Lethal arrow, same as radiant. Be quick or block. Roll doge before arrow stream hits you.

Fear, roll away. For the most part, can't dodge it, just break free.

Snipe morphs to lethal arrow.

Dawnbreaker, roll to the side towards the caster. It's a conal AoE.

Lava whip on console currently cannot be dodged. Block.

Steel tornado, block or gtfo.

More expierenced players can help you, but for the most part this should help. Good luck on the field! :smiley:
    I'd like to believe that the other faction is scared of me, but in reality they're probably more like "F**k this guy."