The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Harden ward fix

Kloud
Kloud
✭✭✭
I think that putting harden ward to regen back to 100% based on magika regen before you can cast it again would make sorcs have to play a lot smarter with there shield stacking and would be the best possible fix to there shield stacking leave other shields alone but put hardend ward on a magika regen timer to where you can't cast it again until it's regend 100% and have to use other shields in the mean time thoughts on this?
Edited by Kloud on July 31, 2015 7:09PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kloud wrote: »
    I think that putting harden ward to regen back to 100% based on magika regen before you can cast it again would make sorcs have to play a lot smarter with there shield stacking and would be the best possible fix to there shield stacking leave other shields alone but put hardend ward on a magika regen timer to where you can't cast it again until it's regend 100% and have to use other shields in the mean time thoughts on this?

I read this 3 times and can't understand what you're asking.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

I read this 3 times and can't understand what you're asking.

The sorcs skill hardened ward make it to where it has to regen back to full strength after you cast it. For example I cast hardend ward ok it was a 18k shield they took it down now I have to wait until the 18k shield regens back to 100% before I can't cast it again so I have 1800 magika regen that's is what dictates how fast my shield regens back and when it's at 100% I can cast it again while I'm waiting on it to regen I'll have to use healing ward bone shield etc until it's back to full strength
    Edited by Kloud on July 31, 2015 7:53PM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the problem aint hardend ward - its healing ward.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    No the problem is they both stack so if this is implemented it would be alot better imo
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey OP, you can stack shields too you know.

Also, why do you want sorcs to just stand there and let you kill them?
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • whodat2eso
    People Are So Dumb With This Shield Stacking Mess Without Shields Sorcs are walking Free Kills. You Have To Make Us Burn Out Resoures And Cc Us We Lack Stamina Jusy time Your Burst When Our shield goes down . Us Sorcs Lack The Stamina recovery To Cc break Or dodge roll so Shield stacking is our defense Just likE dk's can block and spam reflective scales with there 30k health. Or Same As Nb going cloak and dodge rolling. Cut The Crying Every class Has Pros And Cons. Your Solution Just Makes sorcs trash like be serious lol no offense just got a lil heated bro its all good.
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Of course I know that's the whole point of this thread this would make hardend ward alot harder to keep up 24 7 and they can rely on the other shields until it's back up and wth do you mean why do I expect them to just stand there sorcs can cast all there other skills while there waiting on there hardened ward to come back up.....
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since you obviously don't know a lot about how Hardened Ward or the Sorcerer class in general works, could you please learn about it first before trying to give feedback on how to change it? Thank you.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    whodat2eso wrote: »
    People Are So Dumb With This Shield Stacking Mess Without Shields Sorcs are walking Free Kills. You Have To Make Us Burn Out Resoures And Cc Us We Lack Stamina Jusy time Your Burst When Our shield goes down . Us Sorcs Lack The Stamina recovery To Cc break Or dodge roll so Shield stacking is our defense Just likE dk's can block and spam reflective scales with there 30k health. Or Same As Nb going cloak and dodge rolling. Cut The Crying Every class Has Pros And Cons. Your Solution Just Makes sorcs trash like be serious lol no offense just got a lil heated bro its all good.
    lol bro on the pts sorcs ARE nearly unkillable 1v1 hell even 2v1 and this is from just watching good players stream of the pts block got nerfed very hard roll dodge got nerfed very hard ya bolt got nerfed along with being able to stack movement speed. With roll dodging you have to now time your roll dodges with block you now have to.manage your Stam fair enough but why should sorcs be allowee to stack shields and be the hardest class to kill in the game just being able to endlessly cast shields tell me that you would have to be an absolute idiot to not be able to spam shields it don't take skill so ya it needs fixed all there is to it

• Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Since you obviously don't know a lot about how Hardened Ward or the Sorcerer class in general works, could you please learn about it first before trying to give feedback on how to change it? Thank you.

No I'll give what ever feed back i want too sir thanks.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

No I'll give what ever feed back i want too sir thanks.

Why? Just trying to understand, if you were really concerned about the balance you would go on PTS, create a Sorc template and test the skill, then use it in PvP.
    That you don't seem to know why Hardened Ward is so strong on PTS tells me that you just came directly to the forums to complain without actual knowledge of the mechanics.
    That's not going to help the game, you see that, right? :)

• Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Well they just said there probably gonna make shields be critable so I'm happy with that change and shield stack on the pts is actually no different then live and it's op on live too but thanks for your advice bro :)
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they just said there probably gonna make shields be critable so I'm happy with that change and shield stack on the pts is actually no different then live and it's op on live too but thanks for your advice bro :)

Where did they just say sheilds would be critable ?
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    On live stream earlier today
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs a stamina scaling morph and to mediate overflow damage with defense/resist and other defensive stats if nothing else.
    Edited by Cathexis on August 2, 2015 7:40PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kloud As a sorc, I am desperately trying to understand what you have to say, but your lack of periods and one sentence ramblings make it extremely difficult. I am not trying to be grammar police, but I have no idea what your point is.
    Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Forgive me man my Grammer is horrible lol but I was saying put hardend ward on a magika regen timer like ok you cast it you have a 15k shield once the shield runs out you have to wait on it to regen back too 100% before you cast it again how fast it regens depends on how much magika regeneration you have
  • DarthSeverus394
    All these sorcs come to defend it but facts are facts. No other class can shield stack for 5 figure numbers AND put out 5 figure damage so easily like sorcs. For christs sake the very first spell you get in the game!, crystal frag, is notorious for hitting for 12-13k on high level players. Thats absurd. The game is unbalanced. Sorcs and nightblades run this game, with the exception of some vet 14s with tons of champion points managing to make the other classes work. The answer isnt nerfing sorcs and nb though, its showing templars and dk some love and giving them ways to answer builds like that. i.e. fighters guild is an answer to vamp and ww, give us others an answer to nearly invincible sorcs. Yes your shields are all that you have in your mind blah blah whatever. When that oh so precious lifeline that seems to be "all you have" ends up putting you leagues ahead of other players, its no longer a lifeline, its your bread and butter.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It should just scale with health like the dk and temp shields.
    Then it wouldn't be a big problem .
    EU | PC
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgive me man my Grammer is horrible lol but I was saying put hardend ward on a magika regen timer like ok you cast it you have a 15k shield once the shield runs out you have to wait on it to regen back too 100% before you cast it again how fast it regens depends on how much magika regeneration you have

Hardened Ward used to work in a similar way to what you describe, I think. Pre-1.6 if you cast Hardened Ward you could cast it again immediately, but any damage the ward had taken would remain. So re-casting it would refresh it's duration but not it's hit points. This made it very difficult to use; cast it a split second too early and you would end up with another 20 secs of a broken ward. I would only want to see this mechanic return if there was a way to cancel the ward to allow you to recast a new full-strength ward if you had the time

PC | EU
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stacking shields has never been a problem.. There's only 1 class that stands above the rest when it comes to shield stacking, and that's sorc. If you're having problems killing a magicka DK, NB, or Temp shield stacker then you either have terrible dps or you are getting outplayed. Sorc is the ONLY class that makes shield stacking seem broken. The problem is that they have the only class based shield that benefits from their primary stat. Change that shield to scale off of HP, like the others, then the problem will go away.
    King of Beasts

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Healing ward is the problem, this skill is extremely strong on magicka builds. When my health gets down to 20% I just cast healing ward and streak away and Im at full heath again. Magicka NBs can do the same thing with cloak and healing ward. Even if I spam hardened ward my health only gets restored by my passive health regen which is nearly non-existened, a single healing ward puts my health back at 100% after a couple seconds.

Hardened ward is the only damage mitigating skill for sorcs, nerfing it too much would be terrible because we dont have any alternative skills to defend ourselfs.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ace_SiN wrote: »
    Stacking shields has never been a problem.. There's only 1 class that stands above the rest when it comes to shield stacking, and that's sorc. If you're having problems killing a magicka DK, NB, or Temp shield stacker then you either have terrible dps or you are getting outplayed. Sorc is the ONLY class that makes shield stacking seem broken. The problem is that they have the only class based shield that benefits from their primary stat. Change that shield to scale off of HP, like the others, then the problem will go away.

Ever heard of Harness Magicka? >_>

• Truewavesound
    Truewavesound
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the posts on this thread are undecipherable, with mad capital letter and punctuation skills.

That is all.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like people to know that Hardened Ward and Healing Ward are currently bugged on PTS and giving more shielding than is intended. The 33% bonus to yourself from Hardened Ward is being calculated from the full shield value and not being reduced in any way. As an example, say you have a base shield tool tip value of 10,000 from Hardened Ward before the 33% increase . 10k*0.33 is 3300 so out of Cyrodiil you would have a 13,300 value shield. In Cydrodiil you would think your shield value would be 6650 (13300 * 0.5 = 6650) assuming you have no points in Bastion. What is actually happening though is they are placing the 50% penalty on the base shield reducing it to 5k and then adding the full calculated from the unpenalized value 33%, which is 3300, resulting in 8300 shielding.

Healing Ward has that up to 300% modifier depending on how much health you are missing. The bug with that one is that the 50% penalty to shields is just being subtracted from that potential 300% modifier so if you cast Healing Ward with 1 HP (or whatever threshold triggers the fulll 300% modifier) you are getting 250% boost to your shield instead of 50% of the full value which would be 150%.

These two bugs are very significant and shields were already nerfed once (they can now be crit) based on balancing that is currently using bugged skills. People need to stop the PTS whines about bugged abilities.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I would like people to know that Hardened Ward and Healing Ward are currently bugged on PTS and giving more shielding than is intended. The 33% bonus to yourself from Hardened Ward is being calculated from the full shield value and not being reduced in any way. As an example, say you have a base shield tool tip value of 10,000 from Hardened Ward before the 33% increase . 10k*0.33 is 3300 so out of Cyrodiil you would have a 13,300 value shield. In Cydrodiil you would think your shield value would be 6650 (13300 * 0.5 = 6650) assuming you have no points in Bastion. What is actually happening though is they are placing the 50% penalty on the base shield reducing it to 5k and then adding the full calculated from the unpenalized value 33%, which is 3300, resulting in 8300 shielding.

Healing Ward has that up to 300% modifier depending on how much health you are missing. The bug with that one is that the 50% penalty to shields is just being subtracted from that potential 300% modifier so if you cast Healing Ward with 1 HP (or whatever threshold triggers the fulll 300% modifier) you are getting 250% boost to your shield instead of 50% of the full value which would be 150%.

These two bugs are very significant and shields were already nerfed once (they can now be crit) based on balancing that is currently using bugged skills. People need to stop the PTS whines about bugged abilities.

It's the same bug, the potential increase in Healing Ward is not getting reduced by battle spirit at all, but that means if you cast it at a health percentage that grants you a 300% bonus, the result is the same as if you got a 250% increase outside of Cyrodiil.

• iTzStevey
    iTzStevey
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, there isnt any problem with hardened ward, most abilities will break it in one hit. So why directly nerf something in this way when it doesn't need to be? What meeds to be altered/removed is the champion system, because you can make ANY skill OP with CP.

And an 8300 samage ahield is nothing in pvp unless you're spamming it Erock25. :)