The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Light armor wearers should be squishy, but they're tanker than "tanks"

Mr_Koh
Mr_Koh
✭✭✭
Shield stacking - shields are even more powerful than they are on 1.6 since the damage is so low. Some may think "but shields were reduced by more than the damage was" while this may be true the reason people were able to kill shield stackers before was because the damage was so high that when you were able to time your cc against a shield stacker at the right time you were able to completely kill them during that cc. Now if you time your cc you won't be able to kill a shield stacker in the duration and they have so much more time to react. Once they pop a healing ward you may as well hit /surrender because at that point you can dish out all the damage you have and you will still not be able to get through such shields. Light armor wearers are tankier than heavy armor wearers now which to me doesn't make sense, and I would hope that this was not intended. Healing ward needs a nerf in PVP. It is insanely powerful, and there is more than enough time to switch weapons and use healing ward now that the damage is so low.
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the sentiment.

Light users aren't tankier, per se than heavy. Cause a 5pc heavy magicka user is even harder to drop than a light user. The real culprit is low damage and effective shield stacking.

One thing I notice in 1.7 is it's easier to CC break than to block for a caster, since the damage is negligible either way. Then just throw up defensives and healing ward till they give up. Honestly, if it's less that 3 players and the person behind the keyboard has a brain, you can survive for as long as you want. That's on my magicka NB.

This could be fixed with a few things: Any combination of the following-

Shields can now be crit on.
    Shields cannot be stacked, one overwrites the other. (ex.. Healing ward cast after Harness Magicka, overwrites Harness)
    Shields do not absorb damage, rather lessen damage by a percentage, for a duration. (This allows mitigation to still play a part)
    ALL shields need to scale off Health
    Shielded player receives a heal debuff, for the duration

Those aren't perfect solutions, just ideas. Never the less something should be done.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then give light armor users much higher damage to compensate.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

I'm totally cool with that as long as they're actually squishy. But they actually already do have high damage too so there's that...
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Koh wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »

I'm totally cool with that as long as they're actually squishy. But they actually already do have high damage too so there's that...

Not really. Stamina users are equal, if not much stronger.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Mawgusta
    Mawgusta
    ✭✭✭
    Are either of the first two posters in this thread even testing light armor characters because it's nothing short of a full time carpel tunnel job to stay alive and the damage is a big fat joke. At this point there is no way in hell I'll be playing a light armor caster in late august unless it's a Templar. The Gods of 1.7.. 3kk 8k 10k tat tat tat 3k 6k 10k tat tat tat. But it takes 1.5 seconds.. lol
    Edited by Mawgusta on July 31, 2015 6:57PM
  • Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭
    Mawgusta wrote: »
    Are either of the first two posters in this thread even testing light armor characters because it's nothing short of a full time carpel tunnel job to stay alive and the damage is a big fat joke. At this point there is no way in hell I'll be playing a light armor caster in late august unless it's a Templar. The Gods of 1.7.. 3kk 8k 10k tat tat tat 3k 6k 10k tat tat tat. But it takes 1.5 seconds.. lol

Yes it's not hard to keep the shields up. And if you find yourself spamming shields over and over again to stay alive then you probably should've died a long time ago. This is why they nerfed streak and roll. If you found yourself Dodge rolling or streaking consecutively then chances are you were in a situation that you shouldn't have been In and should've died. Apply this to shield and omg it makes sense.
  • Mawgusta
    Mawgusta
    ✭✭✭
    Ya, cloth casters should die to Templars and every other stamina build in 2 seconds and take 15 to kill anyone... right.

Edit. Hidden daggers instant 7k 7k 7k 7k.. STOP SHIELDING clothie!!

Crushing shock 1k 1k 1k 1k 1k 1k 1k who needs shields.
    Edited by Mawgusta on July 31, 2015 7:04PM
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Granted im a magicka templar, I couldn't kill a stamina NB yesterday wearing all light, he barely took any damage (magicka temps have no damage, but he was taking less then normal) and was dishing out like 7k+ surprise attacks...
    ~Thallen~
  • Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka templars are actually strong maybe you should reconsider your builds.
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are having issues with incoming damage wearing Light armor, it is either a L2P or spec issue.

As of now the rotation for my sorc is 2 damage abilities, refresh hardened and harness and repeat. If you need a heal you sub in healing ward for one damage ability. Seriously, it's not even a challenge.

The magicka NB is a bit tougher without hardened, but Cloak helps some. Even though it's working exactly as in 1.6.

I should point out this is from a pvp perspective.

I have yet to test magicka DK, but I suspect it's fine as well.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    If you are having issues with incoming damage wearing Light armor, it is either a L2P or spec issue.

As of now the rotation for my sorc is 2 damage abilities, refresh hardened and harness and repeat. If you need a heal you sub in healing ward for one damage ability. Seriously, it's not even a challenge.

The magicka NB is a bit tougher without hardened, but Cloak helps some. Even though it's working exactly as in 1.6.

I should point out this is from a pvp perspective.

I have yet to test magicka DK, but I suspect it's fine as well.

Can you share what 2 damage abilities? And what kinds of numbers you're hitting for?

Sometimes I see people saying sorcs hit for "too much" but I dunno what they mean as physical damage hits for a lot too. And I don't know if it's a case of very high CPs vs. lowbies or what.

I mean, are you a high-CP'd meteor/proxy det/yawn type of player? Just trying to understand.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hm the only class that have a shield worth crap is sorc.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Igawotch
    Igawotch
    ✭✭
    I all ways go for surprise kills and hit them while their shields are down that might work lol.
    Edited by Igawotch on August 1, 2015 2:31AM