Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Damage and roll nerf

Mr_Koh
Mr_Koh
✭✭✭
Damage nerf - I understand people don't like getting one spotted, but there were drawbacks of running a one shot build. Now if you still want to nerf damage that's fine, but I think the damage nerf is too severe and it doesn't reward players who fully understand the combat system. People who are not playing to the strengths of their build are not being punished heavy enough for their mistakes in combat. This is largely due to the fact that damage is so low.

Dodge roll nerf - this nerf I feel is too severe. Cc breaking, blocking, bashing, sprinting, class/wep abilities, and Dodge roll costs stamina. For stamina builds they rely more on this one resource than magicka builds do. Also the top magicka builds average 30k+ stam where stam sits at an average 25k+. Now I understand stam builds do average more regen, but not enough for this huge a nerf. I the timer is too high. It should be a maximum of two seconds. I'm honestly not even sure if the Dodge roll needed to be nerfed with the dmg. The timer is about 4-6s (not 100% sure) and the name of the game is to try and reset your timer to be as resource efficient as possible. Well dark cloak still isn't mitigating much, which leaves rolling the only defence non sword and board users have. Medium armor stam users don't have access to shield stacking which is insanely strong, and they don't have the resistances of a heavy armor wearer. They are the most vulnerable class and cannot be offensive without stam which is used for pretty much everytjing in their arsenal. Magicka users esp sorcs in particular only need enough stam regen to cc break every six seconds and then they can achieve the most dmg mitigation and output all in one package. As light armor wearers with a high RANGED damage output it's hard to jump into them or anyone's face and secure a kill because it requires too much to get in and out of a situation when you're a melee med armor wearer and Dodge rolling more than 3 times within 12s means death.
Edited by Mr_Koh on July 31, 2015 6:27PM
  • Zanen
    Zanen
    ✭✭✭
    It's about 6 seconds, and the cloak fix...isn't.

If it were 4 seconds and cloak was working as intended I think it would be fine really unless you're still trying to use a build that rolls for buffs.

• Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    I agree koh make dodge roll 4 sec timer and reduced damage by 20% on top of the already on live 15% for a 35% damage reduction total.
    and put a cool down on shields or make the shield have a regeneration factor like magika does so you cast your shield when it regens back too 100% and you cant cast it again until it is back to 100% on harden ward and have the regeneration based on magika regeneration like how ever much magika regeneration you have dictates how fast your shield regens
    Edited by Kloud on July 31, 2015 6:55PM
  • Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭
    Kloud wrote: »
    I agree koh make dodge roll 4 sec timer and reduced damage by 20% on top of the already on live 15% for a 35% damage reduction total.
    and put a cool down on shields or make the shield have a regeneration factor like Stam does so you cast your shield when it regens back too 100% and you cant cast it again until it is back to 100% on harden ward

I think shields should mitigate damage and not absorb it. Meaning that you can still take damage while your shield is up but not as much. This will give magicka builds decent survivability with shields up since they're SUPPOSED to be squishy on light armor, and if they're shields go down without reapplication they'll be punished for it.
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but they have more then one shield to hold them over until harden ward regens back too 100%
  • Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭
    Kloud wrote: »
    Yeah but they have more then one shield to hold them over until harden ward regens back too 100%

I'm trying to get zeni to take one step at a time here lol if they change too much at once it just leads to more chaos. It's not about making the perfect game it's about showing effort and constantly tweaking. Small consistent tweaks will make eso amazing. But yeah Kloud I see what you mean, healing ward is too strong of a pvp ability imo as well