The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'm a Newbie to ESO PVP. I got a question?

Love_Daggerfall
Love_Daggerfall
✭✭✭
Where do I find this PVP?
What is it called?
How do I get to PVP?

Forgive me for not understanding ok
  • Sozzy
    Sozzy
    PvP is located in Cyrodil. Once you hit level 10 you can join a campaign from your main menu and that will allow you to travel to Cyrodil to take part in PvP.
    Erg- VR2 Orc DK DC Azura's Star
    Davesh- Level 26 Altmer Sorc DC Blackwater Blade
    PS4 EU
  • Love_Daggerfall
    Love_Daggerfall
    ✭✭✭
    Sozzy wrote: »
    PvP is located in Cyrodil. Once you hit level 10 you can join a campaign from your main menu and that will allow you to travel to Cyrodil to take part in PvP.

Awesome!
    I am told there is some great looting to be Done in PVP.
    Thank you for answering my Questions.
    I trully had no idea about PVP
  • AnoVando
    AnoVando
    ✭✭
    Also, you can set a home campaign and a guest campaign. After you set these you can only change them after the campaign is finished, or by paying a 15k alliance point fee. You gain alliance points through various methods while In Cryodiil, most notably by killing enemies. If you are not yet veteran rank then I suggest joining the Blackwater Blade campaign seeing as it is the most balanced and has a good population. You also get loot bags in your in game mail with rewards for gaining alliance points. There is a tier system that kind of tracks and rewards your involvement for the campaign and tier 3 is the highest and gives you a reward at the end of the campaign, the value of which is based on how your alliance fares (1st, 2nd, 3rd). Two more things of note; get a mount if you don't already have one, and the top 2% in terms of Alliance Points gained by the end of the campaign duration will receive better rewards
  • Love_Daggerfall
    Love_Daggerfall
    ✭✭✭
    AnoVando wrote: »
    Also, you can set a home campaign and a guest campaign. After you set these you can only change them after the campaign is finished, or by paying a 15k alliance point fee. You gain alliance points through various methods while In Cryodiil, most notably by killing enemies. If you are not yet veteran rank then I suggest joining the Blackwater Blade campaign seeing as it is the most balanced and has a good population. You also get loot bags in your in game mail with rewards for gaining alliance points. There is a tier system that kind of tracks and rewards your involvement for the campaign and tier 3 is the highest and gives you a reward at the end of the campaign, the value of which is based on how your alliance fares (1st, 2nd, 3rd). Two more things of note; get a mount if you don't already have one, and the top 2% in terms of Alliance Points gained by the end of the campaign duration will receive better rewards

There is campains in PVP. Is that not a conflict in Terms?
    Compaired to Destiny game PvE is full of campains but PvP is just runing around killing each other.
    So how is Elder scrolls different in PvP?
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnoVando wrote: »

There is campains in PVP. Is that not a conflict in Terms?
    Compaired to Destiny game PvE is full of campains but PvP is just runing around killing each other.
    So how is Elder scrolls different in PvP?

There are several "campaigns." Blackwater Blade, is designated for pre-veteran rank character. The rest are split between 30day, 14, day and 7 day. Basically each campaign is a different instance. You are able to pick 2 of them to be active in at a time. One as your "home" campaign and the other as a "guest" campaign. Home- whatever points you earn are counted toward your status on the leader boards. Guest- not so much. Still earn xp, cp and AP though. GLHF.
  • Love_Daggerfall
    Love_Daggerfall
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to try Blackwater Blade now
    See what its all about for myself.
  • Love_Daggerfall
    Love_Daggerfall
    ✭✭✭
    My Review of PVP from a Stealing point of View.

The good things
    • You can't get any bounty for stealing in PVP
    • Stuff you Steal is your level no need to buy weapons or armour ever again
    • You can come across some very strange things in PVP when looting.
    • For the stealer if you stay in your covernants colour you will not be attacked, I never was.
    The Bad things
    • The game chooses where you spawn when you enter the campain you don't.
    • Dismentaling things for gold Is hopless if the gear comes from PVP, stick to looting ships.
    • Its very possible to ignore the campain and get very lost in PVP from following the loot trail.
    • Runes in PVP I never found any on the ground. I hope I find where there hidden one day.
    Do I like PVP for stealing stuff?
    PVP is just another map of ESO Where stealing is not concidered stealing I do like that a lot.
    But to be honnest I will only come to PVP to get free Gear that's my Level.
    You can't harvest a very lot of stuff and that adds to boringness.
    I only stayed in camps of my own covernent PVP was not PVP at all for me just going there to steal.
    I did fill a bacpack of 70 in around 5 minits that was pretty impressive at first but most of the stolen gear you can't sell to get gold. And dismentaling forget it unless you have way to much time on your hands to get very little each one of your backpack that's full.
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    What?
  • Love_Daggerfall
    Love_Daggerfall
    ✭✭✭
    Reeko wrote: »
    What?

I better update this thread
    Last night I ran around the 4 corners of PVP map.
    I found Runes and Wood to Chop and some ore.
    I was only klilled 3 times by real people.
    Most human players I walked up to didn't even fight me.
    Player verse player, What a load of bull.
    PVP is just a playground big enough to ride your horse flat out.
    The compleat Square of the map trip took me 3 hours.
    I was thinking I would pass out from sleep before I was finished.
    The wood sells for loads of money buy you got to put in the miles to collect enough.
    I wish to God I had a horse last night.
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reeko wrote: »
    What?

I better update this thread
    Last night I ran around the 4 corners of PVP map.
    I found Runes and Wood to Chop and some ore.
    I was only klilled 3 times by real people.
    Most human players I walked up to didn't even fight me.
    Player verse player, What a load of bull.
    PVP is just a playground big enough to ride your horse flat out.
    The compleat Square of the map trip took me 3 hours.
    I was thinking I would pass out from sleep before I was finished.
    The wood sells for loads of money buy you got to put in the miles to collect enough.
    I wish to God I had a horse last night.

That is because you where focused on stealing stuff and just running around doing PvE things. Look on your map, look for two colored crossed swords or keeps with a starburst around them. THAT is where the action is happening. You have to actually engage in the PvP you can't just expect it to come to you.
  • Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has to be a troll thread. Nobody is this new.
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    Tank And Spank - DragonKnight
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paradox wrote: »
    This has to be a troll thread. Nobody is this new.

Unfortunately.. check his other posts... either he's a pro-troll that never goes out of character.. or.. well.. my faith in humanity just took a dive.
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    In pvp they don't have shoes. That's all I got to say about that. Forrest Gump.
    Edited by Kloud on August 3, 2015 10:03AM
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you would like to buy them, I have plenty of eggs for sale.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is like a verbal equivalent of Big Boss the Dark Phoenix. Just as cute and seemingly full of unspoiled wonder.

So now I got an AD hero in-game and a DC hero on the forums.

I am complete.