The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bannings folks because of Addon usage

Ayantir
Ayantir
✭✭✭✭
Hello ZOS,

I still heard today that you temporaly banned a gamer for doing a mass action.
I don't know who's that guy, but I'm the addon author which created the tool which conduct of his ban. MultiCraft.

So as long as you sometimes ban gamers (customers), could you at least try just a single time to contact authors who created those tools which make so red your warnings ?

We know that you must act against cheaters, but you must also know that prevent and solve problem at the source is the best way to avoid problem of any kind.

I hope that when you ban someone, one of your GM have a talk with the person concerned.
"That's not correct young padawan", "You cheated", "Please stop", "Next time it will be definitive".

.. and listens to the people concerned.
"Sorry Mr, I only had to craft 200 potions for my guild", "Sorry, I just wanted to send guild news to my whole guild"

I guess you play your game, I guess some of yours GM also does,
But I hope that at least 1 person just take time to install our creations we made because a large part of your community consider your UI not enjoyable, and I still hope that 1 person is paid to sometimes look at what we did to improve your game with our ideas.

But please, next time you ban one of your gamers because he was doing some incorrect action with an innapropriate addon, please contact author aswell.

Finding an addon is not hard, yours devs are posting in our forum, and 99% of public addons are published throught a single website where you can easily PM us or look at our logins. They're generally sames as our forum ID, ESO ID and Authors names we wrote in addons manifests.

Regards,

@Ayantir
Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you absolutely sure that it was the add-on that was the problem? There is nothing to prevent an add-on user from doing other things. Don't ignore the idea that ZOS was completely unaware of the add-on.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only chime in to say that they at least sometimes do not contact people who get banned at all. Makes it really fun when you're wondering why the hell you can't log in to the game and then finally end up on the accounts page with a message "Your account is suspended" without a single clue as to what happened. So to imagine they would contact an addon author.. well, maybe once they start even disclosing their bans to the people receiving them.
  • ZOS_Alex
    ZOS_Alex
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings @Ayantir ,

We are closing this thread as it is in violation of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Forum Code of Conduct.

If you ever have questions or concerns about a disciplinary action or decision we have made on the ESO forums, or wish to appeal a forum warning or infraction you’ve received, we ask that you please contact https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/ to do so (please specify that you are contacting about a forum-related inquiry or appeal). We are happy to discuss and review specific moderation-related actions with you, but we do not allow discussion of any moderation actions or decisions on our forums. If you have questions or concerns about an in-game disciplinary action, please contact https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/ to ask about a suspension or ban, and any other support-related feedback. We cannot assist with in-game violations on the forums.

Thank you for understanding!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.